Utah Software Engineer Salary and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Utah is $96,196 yearly.
The State of Utah is ranked 15th on the all-time States where software engineers thrive, with an annual salary of $96,196 yearly and a cost of living placed at 97.3%.
Software engineers get $1,000 as bonus yearly in Utah, with the State having a salary that is 11% lower than the National average.
Utah is located on the Rocky Mountain regions of the U.S.
Software Engineer Salary across Cities in the State of Utah
Across the State of Utah things are on the upscale as competition is ripe and the right people for the job are in constant movement to its major cities where software companies abound.
The city of Orem with $63,568 as salary leads in the job market, St. George and Layton are also cities with high pay, the cities are close in payment making it difficult to have any sort of salary advancement as the difference between the top paying city Orem and Logan is close.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in the State of Utah
Utah has some cities that are well developed for the software engineer to thrive, such cities are where the big companies can be found in numbers and such draw people to their place.
Shown below are 10 of the highest salary paying cities in Utah for software engineers:
|City||Yearly Salary ($)|
|Salt Lake City||58,365|
|West Valley City||57,332|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skills in the State of Utah
Skills are what make a professional stand out and software engineers in Utah are no different from the rest, aside from having a good education some skills stand out from the rest and earn the most.
- Scala skilled software engineers in Utah earn 24.30% yearly, which amounts to $23,375 on salary.
- Os Kernels skilled software engineers in Utah earn 17.56% yearly, which is an add-on to salary of $16,882.
- Big Data skilled software engineers in Utah earn 17.35 yearly, making it $16,690 as add on to salary.
- Microservices skilled software engineers in Utah earn 16.13 yearly, which add on $15,516 to salary.
- Machine Learning skilled software engineers in Utah earn 11.71% yearly, averaging $11,264.
- Data Structures skilled software engineers earn 10.99% yearly, which translates to $10,571 add-on to salary.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Utah
Whatever professional career one embarks upon, experience is key to getting more job recognition and salary upgrade, the software engineering professional in Utah is no exception.
Shown below is a breakdown of how software engineers in Utah earn according to their years of working on the job:
- Less than 1 year in Utah as a software engineer earns in the range of $84,373 as salary yearly.
- I – 2 years on the job in Utah as a software engineer earns $86,635 as salary yearly.
- 3 – 5 years on the job in Utah as a software engineer earns $95,000 as yearly salary.
- 6 – 9 years on the job in Utah as a software engineer earns $99,149 as yearly salary.
- 10 plus years on the job as a software engineer earns $113,592 as yearly salary.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in the State of Utah
Some companies in Utah pay higher salaries and benefits to software engineers than others, which enables them to attract the best employees to work for them.
Listed below are some of the high paying companies in Utah and the salary they pay software engineers annually:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,510|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of Utah
In Utah, the software engineer has added benefits attached to their basic salary, which are listed below:
- Visa sponsorship: The software engineer in Utah is helped in securing and obtaining a visa to either work or move to the company involved outside the country; this comes in the form of a yearly incentive.
- Relocation assistance: We all know the stress involved in relocating from one point to the other within the same city; now think about out of state or even out of the country travels; this benefit is also added yearly.
- Health savings: To give their best on the job, software engineers need to maintain a good health, which means they need to have a good health savings scheme. Software engineers in Utah get good health saving programs funded yearly by their employers.
- Food provision: Sometimes, the job requires little or no break and this can lead to other forms of stress, so the company provides food at such times for software engineers in Utah.
- Gym membership: Too much sitting, standing, and even bending can sometimes take its toll on the human body, so to help relieve such, companies in Utah give their staff membership to gyms where they can exercise their bodies and get off stress.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in the State of Utah
Here are some related job titles to software engineer and how much salaries they earn in the State of Utah:
- Backend developers in Utah take home $109,013 yearly salary.
- Frontend developers in Utah earn $100,815 yearly salary.
- Full stack developers in Utah earn $94,746 as yearly salary.
- Application developers take home $95,815 yearly.
- Developers in the State of Utah make $85,945 yearly salary.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of Utah
The State of Utah has the capacity to move from its ranked position of 15 on the scale with good strategic plans.
Software engineers across the State of Utah have shown high satisfaction (63%) with their job and salary, and many are not inclined to move.
The opportunities of a lower cost of living may the deciding factor here.
How to Increase Your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Utah
Here are some ideas to apply to increase your salary as a software engineer in Utah:
- Software engineers in the State of Utah may likely want to move to another city within the state that pays a higher salary if they are thinking of increasing their income.
- Get more education. To increase your salary as a software engineer in Utah, you may need to get more degrees and certifications in specific areas that are high paying. This will help you to develop skills in those areas.
- Move to a bigger city: Your chances of getting high-paying jobs are brighter in big cities. Therefore, you can increase your income as a software engineer in Utah by moving to cities like Orem, St. George, or Layton where software engineers’ salaries are higher.
- Seek employment with the big paying companies: Another way you can increase your salary in Utah as a software engineer is to work for the big companies like Apple, Facebook, or Octo Consulting Group. These companies pay higher salaries; however, it may not be easy getting into these companies.
- Get more skills under your profile: Having a good set of skills is vital to increasing your salary as a software engineer in Utah because companies pay more to get the best skilled individuals for their projects.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of Utah
The State of Utah offers different career opportunities for its software engineers to work in related fields or careers. Below are some of these careers with their salaries:
- A senior software engineer team lead in Utah earns a yearly salary of $147,156.
- A senior software engineer lead in Utah earns $137,448 yearly as salary.
- A senior software engineer architect in Utah earns yearly $133,375 as salary.
- A staff software engineer in Utah earns $130,003 as yearly salary.
- The chief software engineer position in Utah earns $124,615 as salary yearly.
The State of Utah is attractive to software engineers to live and work in even though the salary is not on the high side because the cost of living is low there. Utah seems to be in direct competition with the State of Colorado for software engineers.
Information sources: indeed.com, salary.com, payscale.com, and careerexplorer.com.