Tennessee Software Engineer Salary and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Tennessee is $92,233 yearly.
Tennessee is another Southern State with a tendency for high pay and low cost of living. Salaries for software engineers are within $92,233 yearly, with a $4000 additional bonus.
The State has a 90.2% cost of living and a low paying salary structure due to its inland bound land area within the region.
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Tennessee
Nashville, Clarksville and Kingsport are amongst the high paying cities in the State of Tennessee and they rank amongst the cities with low cost of living standards.
Generally, the salary outlook for software engineers between Nashville and Jackson is 19%. Nashville beats the Tennessee state average by 3.4% and getting much salary advancement within the State may be difficult considering the salary difference, between the cities.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in the State of Tennessee
Tennessee has a number of cities, some of which are host to a vast majority of software engineering and high tech companies.
The table below shows the cities that pay the highest salaries to software engineers in the State of Tennessee:
|City||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in the State of Tennessee
Here is a breakdown of what software engineers earn based on the level of skill they have.
The top earning skill in the industry is on top of the list and the figures show how much they earn in the State of Tennessee.
- Scala skilled software engineers in Tennessee earn 24.30%, which equals $22,412 in yearly addition to salary.
- Os Kernels skilled software engineers in Tennessee earn 17.55%, totaling add on of $16,186 to salary yearly.
- Big Data skilled software engineers in Tennessee earn 17.35%, which adds up to $16,002 yearly to salary.
- Microservices skilled software engineers in Tennessee earn 16.13%, which translates to $14,877 yearly.
- Machine Learning skilled software engineers in Tennessee earn 11.71% more, that is $10,800 yearly add on to salary.
- Data Structure skilled software engineers earn 10.99% more add on to salary, which is $10,136 yearly.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in the State of Tennessee
Software engineers in the State of Tennessee like all other States in the U.S. earn more salary as the number of years of their work experience increases.
Below is a list of how software engineers earn by years of experience in the State of Tennessee:
- 1 year or less experience as software engineer in Tennessee earns a yearly salary of $78,276.
- 1- 2 years of experience as a software engineer in the State of Tennessee earns $80,421.
- 3 – 5 years of experience on the job as a software engineer in Tennessee earn yearly $85,000.
- 6 – 9 years of experience as a software engineer in Tennessee earn a yearly income of $91,985.
- 10+ years of experience on the job as a software engineer in the State of Tennessee earn $105,384 yearly.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in the State of Tennessee
These are the companies that pay software engineers the highest salaries in the State of Tennessee:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,511|
|Internal Data Resources||142,296|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in the State of Tennessee
There are some benefits attached to been a software engineer in the State of Tennessee, and like all the other States across the U.S. it’s a standard benefit which all software engineers alike enjoy.
With an additional benefit of $4,000 attached to a software engineers salary at the end of the year, little wonder it’s a thriving profession.
Here are some of the benefits software engineers enjoy in Tennessee:
- Vision assistance:
- Relocation assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- Visa programs
- Food provisions
- Health savings
- Insurance savings.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in the State of Tennessee
Here are jobs related to software engineering and how much their salaries are:
- Backend Developers in the State of Tennessee earn $109,817 as salary yearly.
- Full Stack Developers in the State of Tennessee earn $94,159 as yearly salary.
- Frontend Developers in the State of Tennessee earn $89,870 as yearly salary.
- Application Developers in the State of Tennessee earn $80,107 yearly salary.
- Developers in the State of Tennessee earn $55,627 as yearly salary.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in the State of Tennessee
Southern USA offers a variety of incentives, the low cost of living (90.2%) attracts firms and large corporations to the State of Tennessee and the relatively pay also makes it attractive.
On the flip side, the job of a software engineer in Tennessee is attracting job seekers, with Nashville ($98,783) paying higher salaries to software engineers than the state average by 3.4%.
The only set back is the inland nature of the State of Tennessee, which makes cost of living a bit higher than the outbound States within the same region.
How to Increase your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Tennessee
Working in Tennessee as a software engineer can be an interesting task with the low cost of living standards, but be as it may, chances are that you can still increase your salary through some of the major ways highlighted below:
- Get a good degree. A well-educated software engineer with a higher degree or two and certification will earn more salary in Tennessee than someone without one.
- Relocate. If you live in a city that software engineers are less paid, your best option is to relocate to a much bigger city, where the pay is higher than your present location. See the table above for cities that pay the most salaries to software engineers in Tennessee.
- Get a good set of skills. Without a good set of skills, a software engineer may work and not get to the desired level of salary, so getting a good set of relevant soft and technical skills is very important to getting an increase in your salary in the State of Tennessee. Also, see the table above for the important software engineering skills and salary you could earn having them.
- Network with others. Nothing beats having a good network of friends and colleagues, who at any point in time can reach you for job opening in other parts of Tennessee or even out of State, so keep a good social network open, you never know.
- Seek out high paying companies to work for. To increase your salary, you can decide to work for large corporations that are willing and able to meet your wage demands plus other incentives. See the table above for companies that pay the highest salaries to software engineers.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of Tennessee
If you are looking to build a career in other industries with your software engineering background, here are occupations you can check out (with the salaries they earn):
- Electrical engineer, salary in Tennessee is $91,000 yearly.
- Aerospace engineer, salary in Tennessee is $87,000 yearly.
- Computer hardware engineer, yearly salary in Tennessee is $85,000.
- Mechanical engineer, salary in Tennessee is $84,000 yearly.
Tennessee is an inland bound state in the Southern region of the U.S. where software engineers are paid $92,233 as yearly salary and a bonus of $4,000.
Tennessee is a State where the software engineer can strike a good balance between working and living cost which is a little bit high due to its inbound location.
Tennessee has a cost of living of 92.3%.
Information sources: bls.gov, indeed.com, careerexplorer.com, hackreactor.com, zippa.com, payscale.com, fullstackacademy.com, ziprecruiter.com.