Technical Team Leader Job Description Example
The technical team leader is responsible for developing and installing software for their organization’s computer systems, as well as troubleshooting technical problems for the successful execution of projects.
Technical team leaders work with software companies and information technology firms with their job descriptions involving provision of solutions to emerging technical issues facing the advancement of their organizations’ products and services.
As a professional, he/she is determined to ensure that items produced are in line with the technical designs and specification of clients.
A competent technical team leader possesses a combination of both problem-solving and innovation skills to attend to several technical production challenges.
His/her role in the organization also includes implementing changes to previously designed software to meet client demands and specification.
Due to the technical nature of the job, the leader needs to interact and exchange ideas with project leads and other members of the team in a bid to arrive at good designs and solutions to jobs at hand.
He/she provides assistance to the technical director in creating and developing good project schedules.
He/she helps in evaluating project designs, their costs and timing.
Working closely with members of the technical team provides the opportunity for the team leader to identify each member’s strength and assigns tasks accordingly to them to achieve maximum results and delivery.
The leader is also responsible for securing the necessary licensing and permits that may be required for the team to execute projects in other environments.
To do this, he/she makes technical documentation and presents it to the relevant authorities.
It is also his/her duty to ensure that team members adhere to laid down regulations.
Example of a Technical Team Leader Job Description
Here is an example of the job description usually executed by individuals working as technical team leaders in most firms.
- Create and develop performance report, delivery method, scope of work, and general duties records
- Go to clients for project briefing, consultation, installation and closeout reviews
- Help out in managing customer demands to ensure maximum satisfaction, and to maintain quality over quantity
- Engage in the negotiation of customer job demands and specifications as regards to labor and material; and assist in creating comprehensive technical documents
- Supervise activities between internal and external resources, and facilitate smooth workflow for service delivery
- Evaluate all items supplied on order for durability and accuracy
- Evaluate project data for accuracy, and take the lead in setting project targets and priorities
- Resolve disputes between team members and management and assist in addressing issues amongst team members to avoid unacceptable behaviors
- Give training and mentorship to team members to make them better on the job
- Be up to date with current field practices to enhance service standards and delivery
- Review customer technical demands and instructions and assist internal team and customers to identify the best order for lifts, and the most efficient methods of maintaining and using delivered materials
- Attend technical training to acquire more knowledge of technical procedures and applications, and other job demands
- Remain knowledgeable of current technology and carry out research to identify new trends that can be used to achieve maximum results
- Carry out other technical related duties that may be required.
Resume for the Technical Team Leader Position
The listed duties, tasks, and responsibilities in the sample job description above for the individual working as a technical team leader can be employed in writing a resume for the position.
All that is needed is to edit them to suit your exact experience in writing the job experience section of your resume.
Required Attributes for the Technical Team Leader Position
The individual aspiring to the position of team leader in a technical oriented work environment is expected to possess the following qualities:
- Multitasking skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Must be goal oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain focus.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.