Target Hiring Process: Job Application, Interviews, and Employment
The Target hiring process involves various stages, including the job application and interview processes you need to pass through to be employed by the Company.
This post provides complete information of the Target recruitment process to help you find employment with the Company.
Please continue reading:
Target Company Overview
Target is a huge retail company, ranked number eight as the largest retailer in the U.S. The company was founded by a man popularly known as George Dayton, with its headquarters at Minneapolis.
In 1902, this company was initially called Goodfellow Dry Goods, but was later renamed “Dayton’s Dry Goods Company” a year after.
Target merged with J.L Hudson Company in the year 1967, making it the Dayton-Hudson Corporation.
Exactly a year after the merger, Target was well established and recognized as a division of Dayton-Hudson Corporation that earns the most, having more than 1,700 stores all over the United States.
The Target Hiring Process
Target gets to hire an applicant as permanent or temporary staff, after the applicant must have passed through the hiring process of the company. The Target hiring process consists of the following stages:
The Target hiring process consists of the following stages:
- The Job Application Process
Becoming an employee at Target has to begin with your application online, which is normally done by visiting the company’s site and filling the application form with all the vital information that are being requested from you.
You will be asked to choose a specific category that you are interested to work in, such as grocery, front end, pharmacy, assets protection, and many more.
After choosing a particular category, the website will bring you the list of jobs within the category that you have chosen.
2. Job Assessment Test
The job assessment test is one of the most important areas to look out for when applying for a job, because passing the test reflects a likelihood of getting employed by Target.
This process is a questionnaire, containing about 50 questions that are based on the applicant’s personality.
This assessment test will aid the hiring managers in identifying an appropriate staff for Target Corporation.
Passing this assessment test will require you to carry out an intense analysis on your personality in order to give accurate answers about yourself.
Moreover, you might also come across questions like: do you know the percentage of people who don’t pay taxes? And what is the percentage? Can you tell the percentage of politicians that are honest?
Your answers to some of these questions will decide if you possess ethics, values, and beliefs that are in line with what Target is searching for.
3. Interview Process
The interview process with Target is quite easy to scale through, provided your answers to the questions asked meet the expectation of the interviewer.
Target usually prefer to hire someone who has a vast knowledge about the job he or she is applying for, and they also have interest in employing an individual who knows how to cooperate with fellow employees.
Moreover, after you have been asked various questions, the interviewer will throw the last question which seems tricky most times.
The Target interview questions you may be asked include:
- What contribution can you render to the Target family?
- Do you wish to ask me any question?
- What is your most awful flaw?
However, scaling through this process is possible if you make use of the tips below:
- Have a very good knowledge about the company, by making research and enquires from past employees or managers.
- When answering questions, ensure you don’t sound like you are unsure or clueless about the question.
- Try as much as possible to predict some of the questions you will definitely face during the interview, by enquiring from an employee who is occupying the exact position you are applying for.
4. The Orientation Process – Learning about the Job and the Company
Orientation is a process every applicant must pass through before gaining employment at Target finally.
The orientation process helps to educate you on the company and what your job entails. After you have undergone this process, you would have wide knowledge about your duties and the policies of the company.
Orientation is being performed by every standard company, such as Target.
How long does Target Hiring Process take?
After completing the hiring process, it might take up to a few weeks or months before you would get a call for employment.
This is as a result of the large number of people that are also interviewed for the same position you applied for. The company needs sufficient amount of time to decide who the job would be given to.
Major Target Jobs and Careers Available
The jobs and careers that can be accessed at Target are numerous, but here are some of the most significant ones:
- Cashier and front end
- Brand manager
- Asset protection leader
- Software engineer
- Cart attendant and janitorial.
As a retail company, these jobs are very instrumental to the growth and proper operations of the establishment.
What to Expect Working at Target
As an applicant expecting a job from Target, it is advised that you get yourself prepared and be aware of all that occurs at the company.
You will definitely encounter pleasant and unpleasant circumstances as you work at Target, but your ability to overcome negative situations makes you a great staff.
Here are some of the things to expect when working at Target:
- According to current and previous employees at Target, the company offers an amazing work-life balance to their staffs. Unlike some other companies, working at Target wouldn’t consume all of your time, making it possible for you to perform some of your personal activities.
- This company makes provision of financial tools such as investment plan, savings, team member discounts, insurance options, and some special benefits.
- You might get the chance to meet amazing and interesting personalities (colleagues) as you work with the company.
- Customers can be rude sometimes, especially when their request is not met. As a result of this, most people get discouraged to apply for a job at Target, the post of a customer service in particular.
- You might get to meet troublesome and annoying colleagues as well; your ability to tolerate them will make you an outstanding staff.
Target is a company that has helped thousands to secure a job, by providing employment opportunities for them.
They are known for creating flexible working hours for their employees, with reasonable salary.
Gaining employment at this retail company can be made possible; provided you correctly utilize the information on this page, which will help you go through the hiring process successfully.