Software Implementation Specialist Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a software implementation specialist, to help you learn what the role does.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the software implementation specialist work description in most organizations.
It also presents the major requirements recruiters may ask you to meet if you are seeking the job of a software implementation specialist.
Please, continue reading to learn more about the software implementation specialist career:
What Does a Software Implementation Specialist Do?
The software implementation specialist is responsible for performing usability tests on newly created software/programs to guarantee that clients/others who use the program will not become confused or encounter problems.
Their job description entails designing and developing print and online help resources to accompany the software.
It also involves engaging with clients to assess their needs and customize the system to suit them using information gathered from the interaction.
Software implementation specialists also respond to questions from clients to clarify any software-related issue that may impede the utilization of the product.
They functions in the stead of the software engineer, interfacing directly with customers to understand their needs and configure the software to meet them, and also educate them on how to use the installed program.
To work as a software implementation specialists, it is essential that the individual has strong technical aptitude, software and hardware troubleshooting skills, customer interaction abilities, and willingness to travel.
Software implementation specialist also needs organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
Software Implementation Specialist Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Software implementation specialists perform various functions, which primarily involve ensuring that their clients don’t just buy their company’s products, but have a positive experience with the software program they have purchased.
They serve as the primary point of contact for their clients and initiate the implementation process for the purchased program quickly.
The core tasks, duties, and responsibilities of a software implementation specialist are listed in the job description example below:
- Support external clients and colleagues in the implementation of technical systems and software solutions
- Assess clients/user needs and develop an accurate configuration that supports their business processes
- Responsible for defining and executing the delivery and implementation plans
- Responsible for performing tests and troubleshoots final system setups
- Required to provide training and end-user support during and after the implementation process
- Assist in executing pre-sales product demonstrations or provide assistance in scoping projects or developing proposals
- Responsible for detecting and optimizing the software database structures for customer implementations
- Responsible for the set-up and installation of automation software and equipment including servers, work stations, networks etc.
- Available for Onsite projects to work alongside Project Managers, Sales Consultants, and Customers
- Lead the implementation of optimization efforts for wireless network operations as required
- Utilize SQL to query databases for troubleshooting testing scenarios
- Provide contribution to installation subcontractor selection.
Software Implementation Specialist job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as a software implementation specialist or are presently working as one and are now writing a resume for a new position, you can create the job or professional experience section of your resume by applying the software implementation specialist duties and responsibilities in the sample job description above.
By having the job experience section in your resume you will be able to effectively explain to the recruiter that you have developed expertise in working as a software implementation specialist, which will aid your success on the new position that you are seeking.
You can adopt the duties and responsibilities highlighted above for a software implementation specialist in creating a compelling professional experience section for your resume.
Software Implementation Specialist Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a software implementation specialist, you will be required to meet certain requirements to prove to recruiters that you can effectively carry out the obligations, purpose, and objectives of the role.
Shown below are major requirements most recruiters will want applicants to fulfill to be hired for the position of a software implementation specialist in most organizations:
- Education: Applicants for the software implementation specialist role are required to have minimum of Bachelor’s degree in CIS, MIS, or IT or other technical related major
- Knowledge: Applicants need to be able to use and modify SaaS (software as a Service) daily. They should also be knowledgeable in using telecommunication systems to remotely communicate with both clients and colleagues
- It is also essential that they have an understanding of Systems, including MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft Access, and MS SQL, which are necessary for accessing and maintaining SQL data. Having knowledge of SQL, enterprise software systems, IT or process automation is often an added advantage to the applicant
- Customer Service skills: A great deal of the software implementation specialist’s responsibilities involve interacting with clients or users, so it is crucial that they have strong internal and client-facing communication skills and service orientation to handle the tasks successfully
- Technical skills: The job requires technical expertise to accurately assess a client’s needs and install each software program; therefore, implementation specialists should have excellent troubleshooting abilities and analytical skills on both software and hardware. This is an entry level role, so successful applicants will get training from the organization to aid them in executing their duties. But they must be fast learners to become skilled at technical systems, including networks and databases
- Troubleshooting skills: The software implementation specialist must possess solid technical aptitude to detect scientific and other issues that may go wrong in the process of setting up a new system, report bugs, and adequately represent the customer
- Interpersonal Skills: Software implementation specialists often work together with other professionals in setting up new systems, or in implementing product demonstration, so it is vital that applicants can communicate and relate effectively with people in the team, as well as with clients.
Software Implementation Specialist Salary
Information from BLS reveals an average annual salary of $92,000 as at July 2014 for implementation specialists in New York City and $74,000 annually in Portland, Oregon.
However, the BLS predicts a 22 per cent job growth for software applications specialists between 2012 and 2022, which may also imply an increase in the average yearly earnings for software implementation specialists.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager needing to hire for the software implementation specialist position, you will need to post a description of the job to inform interested individuals what the duties and responsibilities of the role are.
You can apply the job description example provided above in making the perfect description of the software implementation specialist role in your organization.
Also, information shared on this page is useful to individuals interested in the software implementation specialist career, to increase their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities associated with the role.