Software Engineer Salary in Louisiana and How to Increase It
The software engineer salary in Louisiana is $86,140 yearly.
This post presents exhaustive information on the salary of a software engineer in the State of Louisiana and how to increase it, including the cities and companies that pay the highest salaries to software engineers in Louisiana.
Please, read on:
Louisiana is located in the deep Southern US where high salaries are difficult to come by, but still remains affordable in terms of living conditions.
Salaries for software engineers in Louisiana are as high as $86,140 per year (23% lower than National average) with a bonus of $4,000 and living conditions as low as 93.4% (17th).
Louisiana is a good place to work for software engineers.
Software Engineer Salary across the State of Louisiana
Broussard, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Shreveport, and Houma are cities in Louisiana where software engineers earn as high as $90,000 and as low as $82,000 yearly.
Salaries with the State are high compared to other States within the region and Software engineers live here in comfort.
Highest Paying Cities for Software Engineers in Louisiana
These are the top cities in the State of Louisiana where software engineers are paid high:
|Cities||Salary Yearly ($)|
Software Engineer Salary Based on Skill in the State of Louisiana
Software engineers in Louisiana with skills are more likely to be noticed quicker than those without them.
Here are some of the in-demand skills needed by a software engineer in Louisiana:
- Louisiana software engineers with Scala skill earn highest with 24.30% of their salary, which is $23,352 yearly.
- Os kernels skill earns 17.55%, which is an add on salary of $16,865 yearly.
- Big Data skill earns 17.35% a yearly salary of $16,673.
- Microservices skill earns 16.13%, which is an added salary of $15,500 yearly.
- Machine Learning skill gets 11.71%, which adds up to $11,253 yearly.
- Data Structures skill earns 10.99%, which gives an added yearly salary of $10,561.
These figures are added to the basic income of the Louisiana software engineer yearly.
Software Engineer Salary Based on Experience in Louisiana
Listed below is the earning power of software engineers by experience in the State of Louisiana:
- – 1 year earns $85,370 as yearly salary.
- 1 – 2 years on the job earns the software engineer $77,435 as yearly salary.
- 3 – 5 years earns $80,000 yearly.
- 6 – 9 years on the job earns $88,570.
- 10 years and above earns $101,471 as yearly salary.
10 Highest Paying Companies for Software Engineers in Louisiana
Here are the top ten paying companies for software engineering jobs in the State of Louisiana:
|Company||Salary Yearly ($)|
|Octo Consulting Group||153,561|
More Benefits for Software Engineers in Louisiana
Apart from salary and bonuses, software engineers in Louisiana enjoy other benefits that are attached to the job; such benefits are highlighted below:
- Stock options. The software engineer in Louisiana is given Stocks from the company shares. This they get as yearly returns as the company makes profit.
- Visa sponsorship. Software engineers in Louisiana are helped by their employing companies to get visa if the need arises.
- Relocation assistance. The companies aid the software engineers to ease the burden of relocating from one city or State to the other.
- Vision insurance. Louisiana software engineers get assistance in the care of their vision, which is key to their work.
- Health insurance. In other to help the engineer keep their health in check in Louisiana, they are helped in health insurance programs which the company contributes towards.
- Gym membership. Keep fit and trim is good for the body and mind, the Louisiana software engineer is helped in securing gym membership to keep in shape with a strong mental and physical alertness.
What Related Job Titles to Software Engineer Earn in Louisiana
Related jobs to that of software engineering in Louisiana earn as much, higher, or lower than the software engineer.
Highlighted below is a list of related jobs and how they earn yearly in the State of Louisiana:
- Backend Developer earns a yearly salary of $101,205.
- Full Stack Developer earns an annual salary of $82,229.
- Application Developer earns yearly $73,736.
- Frontend Developer annually earns $67,033.
- Developer earns $61,768 yearly.
Software Engineer Job and Salary Outlook in Louisiana State
Louisiana is one of the States in the South that is directly competing with the Northeastern States, and with its affordable cost of living is attracting software engineers and tech companies to its cities.
It remains one of the top paying States for software engineers in the South where salaries are not high, with salaries going as high as $92,000 yearly and cost of living 93.4%.
Louisiana is a good State for software engineers to work in.
Louisiana is amongst the pace setters in the region and salaries are expected to rise as a result of its affordable cost of living.
How to Increase Your Salary as a Software Engineer in the State of Louisiana
The methods highlighted below are ways to help the Louisiana software engineer increase their salary within the State:
- Work for higher paying companies. It is a known fact that some companies pay higher than others, so in Louisiana as a software engineer, it is advisable to seek out such high paying companies and work for them.
- Relocate to a bigger city. Living in remote parts of Louisiana will not quickly get you noticed or the high pay you crave, relocate to the big city.
- A good education. Nothing beats a good education, a higher relevant degree will earn you a higher pay as a software engineer in Louisiana.
- A good skill. Skills play a greater part in determining how software engineers earn in Louisiana, so get well needed relevant skills.
More Career Opportunities for Software Engineers in the State of Louisiana
Software engineers in Louisiana have career options open to them in other fields.
Listed below are some career areas software engineers in Louisiana can also explore, including the salaries they earn yearly; some earn as much as the software engineer while others are lower.
- Computer information research scientist earns $90,000 yearly.
- Product safety engineer earns $86,000 yearly.
- Industrial engineer earns $81,000 yearly.
- Database administrator earns $80,000 yearly.
- Computer network architect earns $73,000 yearly.
Louisiana is a fast riding State in the deep Southern US where high salaries are hard to come by, but with affordable living conditions, which makes it a good place to live in.
With salary for software engineers going as high as $92,000 in some of the cities, the low cost of living in Louisiana makes it a nice State to work and live in for software engineers.