This post provides detailed information on the seasonal sales associate job description, including the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities they commonly perform.
It also highlights the major requirements you may be expected to fulfill to be hired for the seasonal sales associate role.
What Does a Seasonal Sales Associate Do?
Seasonal sales associates are required in some stores to join the retail team during peak time frames such as the holiday season. They are responsible for ensuring that selling environment and service within the store is at all times engaging and fun.
The seasonal sales associates job description entails various duties, such as driving sales, merchandising, delivering outstanding customer service, processing freight, and cashiering.
The associate is someone with business acumen to improve on sales result, as well as work in line with company initiatives to achieve both store and personal goals.
His/her role in a retail store involves meeting the changing store needs, demands, and priorities of the business by adhering to schedules/plans/directions and acting with a sense of urgency.
It also involves effectively promoting all company brand initiatives, such as Reward, Credit, and Email Capture, and ensuring that personal goals are achieved.
The seasonal sales associate provides support to a store culture that is committed to delivering top level customer service always and surpassing the expectations of customers.
It is also his/her responsibility to communicate business trends, best sellers, recommendations, and customer feedback to the management of the store.
He/she applies knowledge of store products to make recommendations to customers; and style customers in the fitting room and on the sales floor (for a fashion store).
He/she applies teamwork and good judgment in balancing tasks and customers simultaneously.
The sales associate is expected to adhere to all procedures and policies of the company, such as the loss prevention and company code of business conduct policies.
His/her work description also entails making sure that the sales floor is clean, organized, full, and sized, as well as processing of shipment and replacement of sold products on the sales floor as required.
Seasonal sales associates follow the direction of the store leadership in maximizing store volume by maintaining proper floor coverage.
He/she carries out transactions such as ringing at the Sales & Service desk, and gets involved in store initiatives to achieve shrink goals.
His/her duties also involves adherence to safety standards of the store and making sure that maintenance issues are promptly reported to the store management team.
Seasonal Sales Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Seasonal sales associates perform various functions in driving their store’s sales growth.
Shown below is an example of the kind of job description most seasonal sales associates work with, including typical tasks, duties, and responsibilities they perform:
- Ensure a welcoming and friendly atmosphere all the time for customers in the store by greeting, assisting, and promptly responding to customers’ enquiries, complaints, or needs
- Make useful and rewarding suggestions to customers based on deep knowledge of all products at the store
- Make sure customers get quality merchandise and good service
- Recognize opportunities through community events such as parties and weddings to increase the store’s traffic; provide the store manager information about efforts made
- Get full understanding of store promotional programs and effectively communicate them to customers
- Get updated information on all promotions, campaigns, and sales by regularly communicating with assistant store manager and store manager
- Maintain flexible schedule that ensures store needs are accommodated
- Ensure associate appearance and store meet company standards always
- Provide assistance in keeping the store clean and organized always
- Perform stocking and organization of merchandise as required
- Order merchandise following instructions from the store manager and/or his/her assistant
- Assist in carrying out plan activities for sales promotion, merchandise calendar, and campaigns as required
- Ensure deep knowledge of all pricing and signage
- Provide assistance in replenishing sales floor as quickly as possible and regularly receiving vendor deliveries
- Implement all policies and procedures of company, including security, safety, and health
- May be required to perform other duties which the supervisor may direct.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for Seasonal Sales Associate Role
To work as seasonal sales associate at most stores, you will need to possess the right qualities, skills, abilities, experience, and educational qualifications which employers require.
Below are common requirements most recruiters for the role of sales associates on part-time expect interested applicants to have:
- Possess high school diploma or its equivalent educational qualification
- Strong understanding of selling, loss prevention, visual merchandising, and other basic retail concepts
- Self-motivated with the ability to achieve sales goals, and continually work towards increasing sales
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly, audibly, and correctly communicate verbally
- Strong ability to read/listen and correctly transcribe and confirm message specifications from customers onto engraved merchandise
- Strong ability to relate effectively with various customer segments and make a good first impression on customers
- Strong ability to work effectively as part of a team; bring a high level of energy to work; and manage time and multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Strong ability to identify what exactly customers need and recommend the best gift items
- Ability to accept criticism and suggestions with a positive mindset and act on them to effect the required change
- Possess self-confidence, positive attitude, and pride
- Goal-oriented individual with the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet store needs any time
- Possess a strong sense of personal responsibility and work ethic
- Ability to learn fast and seek personal development
- Working experience in a retail sales environment
- Ability to stand, walk, and perform various physical activities on the sales floor and entire store for long period of time
- Ability to work on weekends, holidays, nights, and different hours and days based on the needs of the store.
The sample job description and other information provided in this post is helpful to employers looking to recruit persons for the position of seasonal sales associate in their company.
They will be able to create a great description for the position, which can improve their chances of attracting the right candidates for the job.
People with interest in working as seasonal sales associate will also find this post helpful in learning about what the job entails.