If you are planning to take an interview for a call center agent job, you need to find out the questions that will likely be asked and practice your responses with them before going for the interview.
This will greatly increase your chances of passing the interview and getting hired for the call center agent position.
This post presents lots of sample call center agent interview questions you can use in your preparation for the interview.
Please, read on:
What do Interviewers look for in a Call Center Agent?
Interviewers mainly look for qualifications, experience, reliability, and personal attributes when hiring for a call center agent position.
The most important qualities are empathy with others, the ability to follow instructions well, and outstanding customer service.
10 Most Common Call Center Agent Interview Questions and Answers
Here are some of the most common call center agent interview questions to prepare with:
- What would you do if a client was unhappy with the service?
I would apologize to the client for their dissatisfaction and ask what they can do to fix it. I would take down any reference numbers, notes, or specific information that I need in order to address the issue. After that, I would report back to my supervisor if needed.
2. What are your qualities?
I am excellent at detail orientation, quick thinking when finding solutions to problems, and working well in a fast-paced environment.
3. What is your best skill?
My best skills are time management and multitasking; both of which are needed to provide a great service to customers.
4. How do you feel about conflict resolution?
I feel (positively) about conflict resolutions because it’s my job to make it work for the best. I like to help people resolve their conflicts by giving them information that they’ll need.
5. Why are you applying?
I’m applying because of my ambition for customer service and my personal goal is to become someone who can grow into a supervisor or team leader role.
6. How do you deal with stress?
I typically do not get stressed too easily. If I’m ever in a situation where I need to handle stress, I usually take a break from the task at hand and work on something easier for a while.
7. What is your greatest strength?
My greatest strengths are my time management skills and my ability to work well with others.
8. What makes you right for this position?
My qualifications make me the perfect candidate for this job. I have excellent customer service skills, I am reliable, and I work well independently or as a part of a team.
9. How do you stay organized?
I typically use sticky notes to organize my tasks. I also break up projects into separate steps so I’m able to take it one step at a time.
10. How would you improve our company?
I would find the best customer service solutions for your customers and implement them. Also, I would seek out other opinions on how to further improve your company.
More Sample Call Center Agent Interview Questions
Here are additional sample interview questions for the call center agent position:
Sample Behavioral Interview Questions for Call Center Agent Position
- Give an example of a time you had to demonstrate your interpersonal skills.
- What is your favorite project that you completed while working in this position?
- Tell me about a time when we faced challenges and obstacles on the job.
- What motivates you at work/what keeps you interested in the company’s vision?
- How would I know if my expectations are realistic for someone who is successful in this position?
Sample Case Interview Questions for Call Center Agent Position
- What are some of your skills you use on the job?
- Why did you choose this field?
- What role do customer service problems play in today’s society?
- Tell me about a time you had to handle an irate caller. How did that experience make you feel?
- Give an example of how you have exceeded expectations at work.
Sample Competency Interview Questions for Call Center Agent Position
- What is your best quality?
- Give an example of an effective presentation you have given to one of your colleagues.
- How would you give praise to one of your colleagues?
- What is the one change you would make to our company?
- How do you see yourself contributing towards this position/our organization in the future?
Sample Problem-Solving Interview Questions for Call Center Agent Position
- What’s the fastest way you solve problems?
- How do you think you can improve my service experience?
- What is your most creative solution to a major issue in your life so far?
- If your boss has requested help with making decisions, what are some things that you might suggest in order for her or him to make better choices in the future?
- What would you do if a customer asks a question that is outside of your duties?
Sample Situational Interview Questions for Call Center Agent Position
- If you’re in customer service, how do you feel when a customer is angry?
- What would your typical day be like if you were an agent in this position?
- Tell me about any previous jobs that required communication skills.
- Do call centers typically hire part time or full time agents?
- What’s your favorite thing about working here so far and why did it appeal to you?
Sample Communication Skills Interview Questions for Call Center Agent Position
- What was your worst experience with a customer and how did you handle it?
- How do you deal with a customer who is dissatisfied?
- Have you ever been faced with the ‘wrong’ type of situation for this position that required different skills or abilities than what they posted on their job listing? If so, please tell me more.
- In 2015, Microsoft Office Survey found 54% of employees “feel like there’s no one in charge” at work. What can employers do to increase morale among their staff members and reduce turnover rates from unhappy employees within their company?
- What motivates you to perform your best at work?
Sample Interpersonal Skills Interview Questions for Call Center Agent Position
- How would you describe the interview process?
- What is your customer service philosophy?
- Can you tell me about a time that you provided excellent customer service to a difficult person or situation and what was successful in those interactions?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years as an agent with this company, and why does that sound like something you’re passionate about doing?
- When meeting new customers for the first time, how important is it to break the ice and introduce yourself before asking any questions relevant to their call situation?
Sample Company Culture Interview Questions for Call Center Agent Position
- Why do you think you would make a good call center agent?
- What is one of the most memorable moments in your life?
- How has this moment impacted how you view yourself and others?
- What are some ways that our company culture aligns with your personal values or goals for the future, if any at all?
- What are some ways that our company culture does not align with your personal values or goals for the future?
Call Center Agent Interview Success Tips
To be successful in an interview for a call center agent position, it’s important to make sure you answer all of the interviewer’s questions thoroughly.
There are many ways to prepare ahead of time that will help you do well in the call center agent interview, here are some tips to apply:
- Researching the company beforehand is one way to ensure that you give the right answers to the interviewer’s questions when they ask certain questions like “What is your customer service philosophy?” or “Why do you think you would make a good call center agent?”.
- Although it may not be mandatory to wear a suit, dress prepared makes you look professional and very serious about your career goals. Make sure that all of your clothes are clean and pressed so that you look the best possible version of yourself, even if it’s just casual business attire.
- Be on time for your interview. Showing up late definitely shows a lack of respect for the time of your interviewer, and it’s unacceptable to show up more than 10 minutes late because this could mean that you don’t have enough respect for their time or yours.
- Listen carefully to everything that is being said during the interview. The interviewer is looking for people who are engaged in the conversation, ask questions, and have a genuine interest in the company.
- Practice your answers to potential interview questions ahead of time so that when they do come up in an interview you will be confident answering them. This does not mean memorizing your answers, simply practicing with your friends or family members before going for the interview will make you feel more confident talking to strangers.
The interview process is the first step in determining if you’ll be a good fit for the call center agent position.
You can apply the sample call center agent interview questions and answers provided on this page to prepare for your upcoming interview and stand a great chance of being hired.