Saks Fifth Avenue Hiring Process: Job Application, Interviews, and Employment
The Saks Fifth Avenue hiring process involves various stages, including job application and interview that you will have to successfully pass through to be employed by the Company.
This post provides complete information on the recruitment process at Saks Fifth Avenue, to help you learn how to meet the company’s recruitment requirements.
Please, continue reading:
Saks Fifth Avenue Company Overview
Saks Fifth Avenue is a department store company founded by Horace Saks and Bernard Gimbel in the year 1924.
When the company was opened initially, it occupied a whole city block on a shopping street, which is today one of the most prestigious shopping streets in the world.
Saks Fifth Avenue became an instant icon of style and luxury not too long after it was founded.
This company is well-regarded by thousands of customers flocking from everywhere through its door.
Saks Fifth Avenue owns and operates dozens of branch stores, ensuring that the unforgettable Saks retail experience is brought to customers far and wide.
Currently, this revered brand is a curator of the world’s best quality and wide collections for the very best designer menswear, shoes, handbags, cosmetics, jewelry and gifts.
The Saks Fifth Hiring Process
As someone who wants to practice his/her career at Saks Fifth Avenue, you should be able to undergo the company’s hiring process, as well as possessing all the necessary qualities needed for the job.
Below are the stages involved in the Saks Fifth Avenue hiring process:
- The Job Application Process
To get an entry in the Saks fifth avenue hiring process, you need to first submit a job application form to the Human Resources department responsible for recruitment.
This can be effortlessly executed on the company’s careers website, where you will have access to countless job types.
But firstly, you will need to create a candidate portal in order to apply for your preferred role.
To create your candidate profile, you will need to provide some of your personal information such as full name, phone number, zip code, location, and even your resume.
Furthermore, as an applicant, ensure you have previous work experience pertaining to the job you are applying for.
Failing to possess any experience or knowledge about the role may hinder your application.
At Saks Fifth Avenue, you have to be at least 18 years of age to be able to apply for a job.
2. Interview Process
Saks Fifth Avenue normally interviews an applicant whose application has been received, reviewed, and found suitable for the role.
The interview is the most significant and toughest aspect of the hiring process, since this is the stage where the recruiters get to decide if you are up to the task.
The interview can be conducted twice in order to prove the candidate’s competence, and both interview rounds will take place same day.
But this is for managerial roles as well as other senior executive positions.
As someone applying for an entry level position or other common roles, expect just one interview session.
The interview is typically a face-to-face session with the general manager, and it is used by the HR department to evaluate an applicant’s personality, expertise, work history, and more.
Moreover, Saks interviewers normally ask behavioral questions, aside from other complex questions relating to the role.
Major Saks Fifth Avenue interview questions to expect include:
- Tell me something significant about Saks Fifth Avenue, and spot out its uniqueness in the industry if you can?
- How can you retain a customer’s patronage?
- Are you passionate about fashion, and why?
- Why are you interested in being an employee at this company?
- Do you think you are the most qualified candidate, and why?
Before you get invited for an interview, ensure you are well prepared and ready to counter every question that is thrown at you.
Not the following tips when making preparations for an interview with Saks Fifth Avenue:
- As someone seeking for a job at Saks Fifth Avenue, you should portray genuine passion for fashion through the manner in which you answer questions.
- Put on appropriate attire for the interview. Appearing in the wrong attire can be bad luck for the interview.
- Don’t answer questions in a rush, but be brief and audible when speaking.
- Provide thoughtful and significant questions for the interviewer(s). In most interviews, candidates are requested to ask a few questions.
3. Hearing from Saks Fifth Avenue after the Interview
The Human Resources department at Saks Fifth Avenue normally sends a response to candidates in less than a week after their interview.
As a candidate, you will receive this response through an email or a phone call, and it typically contains information about your interview performance and the possibility of getting recruited in the company.
4. Background Check
In as much as there are now companies that hire felons, organizations such as Saks Fifth Avenue finds it very difficult to hire employee with felony history.
As a result of this, this company never fails to carry out a thorough background check on every newly recruited worker.
The background check helps the recruiters to employ professional candidates who have not been convicted of any crime in the past.
Many companies conduct background checks on their employees to ensure that every staff is modest, responsible, and not a bad influence to other co-workers.
For applicants who are felons, it is highly recommended to disclose their felonies to the recruiters before the background check is conducted.
This will clearly portray honesty, which might make the HR team to be considerate.
Saks Fifth Avenue Jobs and Careers
Here is a list of common jobs/roles you can apply for at Saks Fifth Avenue:
- Store merchandising associate: This employee is assigned to process inbound produce/goods, place and present merchandise on the selling floor. He/she will be responsible for handling certain types of products in the store.
- Style advisor: This role is responsible for improving customer shopping experience by welcoming them warmly into the store, giving directions when needed, and answering questions regarding fashion and products.
- Beauty advisor: This position interacts with every customer and caters for their beauty needs. He/she performs various assigned duties to ensure drive sales and maintain long term relationship with the company’s customers.
- Office manager: This employee offers supports to the executive team and operates visibly and competently with a great deal of prioritization, urgency, and communication. He/she also handles customers’ complaints or issues, and plays a key role in supporting marketing.
- Selling manager: This role is responsible for maintaining solid floor presence to increase selling efforts. He/she is usually a leader and motivator to the sales team through coaching, training, and modeling, as well as rewarding selling behaviors.
What to Expect Working at Saks Fifth Avenue
Saks Fifth Avenue is one of the few companies within the fashion industry prioritizing and offering various benefits to their employees.
As you work at the organization, you will undergo training on how to perform certain duties; and you will be paid for any training offered.
Employee gets discount prices on products within the store. Also, staff benefits such as medical coverage, dental, vision, as well as retirement plans are inevitable, provided you are a diligent worker.
However, as a retail company, you may experience long working hours (based on your position).
Moreover, you can encounter rude or difficult-to-handle customers almost every day.
Saks Fifth Avenue is a fashion driven company, and they expect every employee to have the same passion and enthusiasm.
As someone who wants to work in the fashion industry, Saks Fifth Avenue would be the preferred place for you.
You can be a part of the company’s world-class team by sending an application and then undergo the simple hiring process effortlessly.
Just like other employee at Saks Fifth Avenue, you will definitely have a great experience working for this organization.