Public Relations Account Executive Job Description Example
What Does a Public Relations Account Executive Do?
The job description of the public relations account executive entails creating a positive impression in the minds of clients towards the company they are representing.
Such positive impression will prompt the client to take more interest in the company and it will equally attract more clients.
The public relations account executive can reach out to prospective and existing clients through various media outlets, including broadcast, online and print media channels.
He/she equally has the responsibility of selling various company products to prospective and existing clients.
If for example an organization has acquired a new product that needs to be introduced to its clients and the general public, the role of the account executive in charge of public relation will be to make the public aware of the products in the most positive manner possible.
Aside advertising new products to the general public and clients, the executive is equally required to help in enhancing the public profile of the company.
He/she can make use of various routes like radio, TV, magazine, and newspapers to get the word out on behalf of the organization.
The central focus of this job is to meet with client’s needs and expectations.
Public relations account executives are required to handle clients’ portfolios and also direct their strategies and efforts to meeting specific target set by the organization.
Once a prospective client shows interest in the products and services offered by a company, its account executive for public relation is expected to sit the client down and discuss important PR strategies with him/her.
The client is expected to give his/her consent or approval before the account executive can proceed to the stage of designing and implementing such PR campaign, and this must be fashioned out to meet with the requirements of the client.
PR account executives are employed by public relation agencies in most instances. Their duties include handling of clients’ accounts.
They are mostly required to possess multitasking skills, since several accounts may need to be handled simultaneously.
Integrated marketing agencies as well as certain large commercial companies can also require the services of PR account executives.
Other places they can work include government organizations, charity organizations and manufacturers.
Retailers and several other private companies do hire public relations account executives also.
Both commercial and industrial organizations do also need public relations account executives to oversee their PR towards selling their image to the general public.
Consultancy services and marketing or advertising agencies are also places PR account executives can find employment.
The work description of the PR account executive may also entail monitoring media campaigns for their companies to assess their performance and impact on the companies’ prospects.
He/she is equally expected to be available to manage public perception of the company and the products being offered to the public.
Public Relations Account Executive Job Description Example
An example of job description for the post of PR account executive is shown below. It highlights the duties, tasks, and responsibilities of individuals who work in that role:
- Plan company’s campaign and publicity strategies
- Produce and write press release and presentations
- Handle clients’ accounts simultaneously
- Handle inquiries from organizations, including the press and the public
- Organize promotional events, like visits, tours, exhibitions, open days, and press conferences
- Speak at presentations, press conferences, and interviews on behalf of the company
- Provide reliable information to clients on current PR campaign progress and promotional opportunities
- Analyze media coverage
- Undertake or commission all relevant market surveys
- Liaise with journalistic, managerial staff and clients about objectives, timescales and budgets
- Produce, write or design information, publicity brochures, reports, ‘in-house’ journals, leaflets, articles, press release, and presentations for promotional videos and for organization’s websites.
PR Account Executive Resume Preparation
To prepare a resume for seeking the job of public relations account executive, you can make use of the content in the job description sample provided above in creating the professional experience segment of the resume, which let employers know you’ve got the necessary experience to do the job perfectly.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for Public Relations Account Executive Role
Here are important abilities, knowledge, and skills a PR account executive must have to perform effectively on the job:
- Degree in subjects like behavioral sciences, marketing, media studies, business studies, management or English
- Postgraduate qualification in Public Relation gives an advantage, as well as PR, journalism, event promotion, fundraising or marketing working experience
- Possess creative ability
- Possess knowledge about various media agendas
- Ability to plan effectively and prioritize
- Possess presentation skills
- Possess excellent IT skills
- Possess very good interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent writing and oral communication skills.
PR Account Executive Skills for Resume
For your resume to be more compelling, you need to have a skills section where you highlight vital skills and qualities needed to be a top performer as PR account executive.
To create this section of the resume therefore, the above skills can be applied provided you have actually acquired or developed them.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.