Production Analyst Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information about the production analyst job description to help you learn about what the career entails.
It covers key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that define the production analyst work description.
This page also contains information about the requirements, including skills and abilities that recruiters commonly expect job seekers to fulfill to be considered for the job of a production analyst.
So, if you are interested in this position, do check below for the requirements you may be asked to meet to be hired.
Please, read on:
What Does a Production Analyst Do?
A production analyst is responsible for ensuring optimal production processes in an organization. They apply their expertise in planning and executing efficient production flow of an organization’s goods, data, or information.
The production analyst job description entails optimizing Labor cost, production volume, and efficiency by designing scheduling and staffing models that suit the needs of the organization.
It also involves ensuring that proper quality assurance is provided for products or data produced by the company.
Production analysts are also required to identify and correct equipment failures, hardware problems, or data storage difficulties that may lead to product defects or useless data.
They partner with other teams and managers to determine expected production runs within the manufacturing or data information process.
They are responsible for monitoring an on-going production process, to document unexpected slowdowns and proactively identify new bottlenecks.
The production analyst role also entails acting as a stand-in to repair malfunctioning equipment or hardware and identifying gaps for employee training or development on software or controls to improve efficiency.
It also involves increasing production by performing data analysis.
Production analysts collect, analyze, and evaluate production records and trends, as well as evaluate performance.
They are also responsible for analyzing production and performance reports, as well as interpreting results of overall production in order to make solid recommendations.
The production analyst work description also includes providing operations managers and production team with analytical reports that are useful in the identification of opportunities to increase production.
It also entails providing support to VP of operations or relevant unit in reviewing and reporting the production forecasts.
To work as a production analyst, you must possess a Bachelor’s degree. Besides your educational background, you must also possess advanced computing skills, especially in performing data manipulations with Excel.
Individuals interested in the production analyst career are also required to have strong communication and interpersonal skills, a detail orientation, and strong initiative to review current processes and make viable recommendations for improvements.
Production Analyst Job Description Example/Sample/Template
A production analyst performs various functions in collaboration with the sales team, quality team, new product introduction team, test team, and finance team and ensures the timely and accurate flow of production information and control functions.
The production analyst job description sample below shows major tasks, duties and responsibilities commonly performed by individuals who work in that role:
- Develop and conduct reports, manage meetings, and support the manufacturing inbox (the manufacturing inbox is an internal help desk for status of orders and product availability questions) where applicable
- Responsible for developing models and reporting structures that identify production rates
- Responsible for developing standardized and custom reports
- Perform plant production analysis
- Develop tools aimed at improving production efficiencies
- Interface with manufacturer to provide product delivery support to customers
- Collect, compile, and present manufacturing progress and status report on weekly basis, or as requested
- Serve as the primary contact and interface for sales information requests and provide support for the shipping hotline
- Manage, track, and prepare delivery, and spare inventory orders; handle any return-for-credit process and manage the inventory reconciliation process
- Responsible for maintaining the SharePoint site, Oracle Database, and MS Office Excel or PowerPoint reports and documents
- Required to provide support during peak fulfillment periods to meet corporate financial targets
- Responsible for contracting manufacturer for quarter-end fulfillment as requested.
Production Analyst Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a production analyst, you will be required to prove that you will be capable and effective in performing the set objectives, purpose, and obligations of the role by meeting specific requirements listed by the recruiter.
These requirements may include:
- Education: Applicants for the production analyst job must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or related work experience in a production environment
- They are also required to have 3-5 years work experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Strong initiative: They must have the ability to take the initiative and review current process and provide improvements
- Computer skills: It is important that they possess advanced computer skill relevant for data management; this includes experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as database tools (Oracle, SharePoint, and Salesforce, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills: The production analyst job requires them to partner with various teams and units in order to manage an efficient production process. So, it is important that they have strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective work relationships
- Communication skills: Applicants must also have the capacity to develop reports and communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Organization and time management skills: The production analyst position is a time sensitive one, hence analysts must be able to simultaneously handle multiple assignments as well as work with others to achieve the desired outcome within the stipulated timeframe.
To hire a production analyst, recruiters need to make and publish a comprehensive description of the role to adequately inform prospective applicants about the major duties and responsibilities they will be mandated to perform.
You can produce a good description of the position if you are a recruiter or HR manager hiring for the production analyst role by using the sample job description provided above as a template.
By providing a detailed description that perfectly defines the vacant production analyst role in your company to interested individuals, you will be able to attract the best qualified and competent candidates for the job to interview.
This post is also helpful to individuals interested in the production analyst career to learn all they need to know about what production analysts do.
Production Analyst Job Description for Resume
If you are making a resume for a production analyst job, you can quickly write the professional experience section of the resume (if you have earlier worked as a production analyst) by utilizing the duties and responsibilities of the role shared in the job description example above.
Did this article help you learn more about the duties and responsibilities of a production analyst? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You can also share your job description if you work as a production analyst.