Operations Team Leader Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information about the job description of an operations team leader.
Anyone needing to know what the role does will discover the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the operations team leader work description in most organizations.
Please, continue reading:
What Does an Operations Team Leader Do?
An operations team leader is a person who is responsible for managing a company’s human and mechanical resources.
His/her job description entails creating a budget for the team’s operation, and supervising data entry, payroll and grant report entry.
He/she strives to improve organizational effectiveness by showing exemplary leadership and maintaining the organization’s financial activities.
Being a part of the management team, the operations team leader makes tangible contributions to the advancement of organizational goals and practices by developing work schedule and ensuring that members of staff adhere to it for successful implementation.
His/her role also include the delivering of excellent customer service by supervising customer related activities of staff, and ensuring that customers are treated in a professional manner.
As a leader of operations, he/she helps the company in recruiting good and qualified staff with huge knowledge about the company’s business in order to build a competent and strong workforce for the organization as this can affect productivity.
He/she is also responsible for staff welfare by providing all their needs, and ensuring a conducive work environment for enhanced production and delivery.
The individual holding this post is expected to develop strategies that will meet the organization’s goal, and to supervise daily activities of workers for the growth of the organization, making necessary observations on the job and suggesting solutions to emerging problems.
Operations team leaders have a good understanding of the needs of each staff working under them and communicate these needs to management to ensure that all required items are provided for to ensure successful operations.
The leader plays the role of a supervisor and evaluates every aspect of work done by the operations team and certifies productions before they are taken for use by clients to avoid complaints.
He/she also handles issues relating to logistics in the department, keeps records of production equipment, and gives detailed account to management.
Operations Team Leader Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Operations team leaders work in diverse places and perform various functions in ensuring effective management of a company’s human and mechanical resources.
Below is an example of the job description, including important duties, tasks, and responsibilities, which individuals who work in this position are commonly charged with:
- Oversee receivable and payable accounts on a daily basis
- Coordinate monthly assessment of the company’s financial performance and production activities
- Supervise periodic budgeting for the company’s annual financial plan, as well as oversee long term financial goals
- Facilitate interactions between the internal team and the hosted platforms for the overall success of the organization
- Carry out troubleshooting of company equipment to determine faulting areas and liaise with industry planners; carry out routine repairs in the operating systems of the organization
- Ensure that members of staff adhere to clients’ specifications in the course of production to guarantee client satisfaction
- Create the procedures and the specifications to follow for the execution of projects in the organization, and specify product requirements for operational success
- Assign tasks to team members in such a way that the more pressing tasks are completed first
- Mentor team members, identify lapses, and conduct training on the job to equip staff with knowledge of developing trends in order to build a highly skilled department
- Ensure that members of the operations team adhere to company rules and work ethics
- Coordinate transactional operations and monitor ongoing business processes in the organization.
Operations Team Leader Job Description for Resume
A resume has several sections. To write the professional experience section, you will need information about the functions of the operations team leader.
The above sample operations team leader job description highlights some of the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the role that can be used in writing the professional experience section of the resume.
Operations Team Leader Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
Applicants seeking the job of an operations team leader are mostly required by employers to possess certain attributes, experience, skills, etc. to show that they will be able to perform the obligations, purpose, and objectives set for the position.
Shown below are typical requirements recruiters commonly set for the operations team leader position:
- Possess BS or higher degree in Engineering
- Ability to understand the workings of new operating systems
- Ability to engage in multiple assignments concurrently and complete them error free
- Have strong managerial ability to lead a team to success
- Have strong ability to make good decisions
- Be safety cautious
- Must be physically fit and active
- Experience with people and project management activities
- Solid experience with activities such as supply chain, quality, and operations
- Outstanding ability to work with MS Office tools, including MS Excel
- Exceptional ability to relate with customers and suppliers.
If you are recruiting for the operations team leader position in your organization and need to make a good description for the job to show applicants the kind of duties and responsibilities they may be assigned, this post will help you to create one.
This article is also helpful to individuals who are interested in getting into the operations team leader career to improve their knowledge of the duties and responsibilities commonly assigned to the role.
Did you find this article useful in learning about what operations team leaders do? Please, make a comment in the box below. You can also share your job description if you work as an operations team leader.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.