Marketing Executive Resume Writing Tips and Example
The journey to a successful marketing executive career starts with having a good resume.
If you possess all the attributes and qualifications needed to succeed as a marketing executive, but cannot market yourself effectively to hiring managers, then, no one will give you the opportunity to market products and services.
So, if you are seeking this position and needs to create a resume that will make you stand out from the competition, the tips in this post will help you achieve your goal.
To write a marketable resume for this position, you need to firstly choose a resume format that will avail you the chance to highlight all your marketing skills and competencies.
Then, make sure that the resume is attractively formatted to catch the attention of the hiring manager at a glance.
Again, make sure you convey the points in each section in as few words as possible and use keywords and bullet points to make each point stand out.
Finally, make sure you proofread your resume before sending it out to correct all errors and inconsistencies.
Now, let us look at how to arrange the various sections of your marketing executive resume:
In this section, you are expected to create a powerful headline that will connect immediately with the hirer.
To do this, you need to create an objective statement that is in line with the expectation of the marketing executive position you seek.
You must make sure that the unique sets of skills to form the basis for your objective statement are in line with the demands of the hirer.
See examples of marketing executive resume objective below:
Examples of Marketing Executive Objective Statement for Resume
- Seeking the position of marketing executive with Techrex Inc. where outstanding business acumen, strong commercial awareness, and vast knowledge of effective marketing techniques will be fully utilized to achieve the company’s long term growth
- To obtain marketing executive position in a reputed company utilizing strong knowledge of digital marketing techniques and excellent team work and communications skills
Core Competence Section
This part of your marketing executive resume should highlight your skills and qualities as an outstanding marketer.
This section avails you the chance to state all the marketing skills and personal qualities you intend bringing to the job if given the chance.
To make sure these skills get noticed by the hiring manager, use keywords or short sentences, and present the skills and qualities in bullet point.
Job Experience Section
The marketing executive position is usually reserved for experienced marketers. So, the job experience section of your resume is very important.
This section must be presented in a manner that convinces the hirer that you have had a successful marketing career.
All that is required is to highlight the names of companies where you have worked as a marketing executive or in a position with similar responsibilities, the post held and the period you stayed with the company.
Education and Professional Qualification
The minimum academic requirement for this position is usually a degree in a marketing related course.
If you fail to include the educational qualification section in your resume, the hirer may assume you are lacking in this area.
So, make sure you present your educational qualification section appropriately. In addition, the position calls for experience and professionalism.
So, if you have professional qualifications or belong to any professional marketing body, this is the section to adorn your resume with such.
Now let’s create an outstanding marketing executive resume example, utilizing the tips given above:
Marketing Executive Resume Example/Sample/Template
1 Walker Street, Juneau, Alaska
Home: (+1) 100-1010, Cell: (+1) 100-1000
Objective: Seeking the position of marketing executive with Techrex Inc. where outstanding business acumen, strong commercial awareness, and vast knowledge of effective marketing techniques will be fully utilized to achieve the company’s long term growth.
- Outstanding business acumen and commercial awareness
- Vast knowledge of effective marketing techniques
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing techniques
- Proven team work and leadership ability
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Strong ability to complete tasks within deadline
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Outstanding customer service skills.
2010 – Present
- Carry out survey and research to identify target market
- Design and implement effective marketing plans
- Monitor the life cycle of products
- Establish and maintain business relationship with customers
- Monitor and analyze customer and market trends
- Develop reports based on sales data and market trends
- Render advise to the top management on important marketing decisions
- Utilize appropriate and effective online and offline channels to promote products and services.
Education and Professional Qualification
- City College, Juneau, Alaska, Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, 2009
- Member, Institute of Marketing and Advertising (IMA), 2011.
When applying for the job of a marketing executive, having a good resume will certainly give you an advantage over other applicants as the hirer will likely be impressed with your resume and will like to have a chat with you at an interview.
You can make your resume each time you need to send one to prospective employers by using ideas in this post.
What did you find useful in this post to be able to make an effective resume for the marketing executive job? And do you have other tips to creating best resumes that you want to share? Please do so in the box below.
You will also like:
>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.