This post helps you to learn about the job description of a manufacturing team leader. It presents the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that make up the manufacturing team leader work description in most firms.
it also shows the common requirements job seekers applying for the team leader position in a manufacturing company will be expected to meet to be offered the job.
Please, continue reading:
What Does a Manufacturing Team Leader Do?
A manufacturing team leader is an expert in manufacturing activities such as processing and packaging of materials for production.
The job description of manufacturing team leaders involves motivating members of the team to harness their potentials and work harder for the execution of projects.
Their roles in a manufacturing team also entails assigning tasks to team members and giving them specific directions and procedures to follow in carrying out assigned tasks.
They monitor team members in the course of their work and ensure that they comply with the standards of operations obtainable in the establishment.
They are responsible for providing leadership for the team involved in manufacturing.
Every manufacturing project requires the supervision of a skilled and experienced person to guide the team in ensuring production efficiency and quality; and that is where the manufacturing team leader comes in.
He/she exhibits great leadership skills by showcasing knowledge and skills to the team members, giving them direction to go about their tasks and duties on the job.
The leader sometimes takes the wheel and shows his/her team members practical ways to execute difficult tasks.
This gives the team members a clear direction of how to tackle such tasks on their own in the future.
The team leader recognizes the contributions of every team member and encourages them to work together in harmony, sharing ideas and maintaining good relationships in the execution of production tasks.
He/she places the safety of the team members in high esteem and educates them on safety tips and procedures to adhere to during manufacturing process.
He/she also enlightens them on how to handle emergencies that may arise in the course of work, and ensures that the manufacturing site is free of any form of danger, and is safe for team members to do their job.
As part of safety measures, the leader also ensures that all workers have protective gear and clothing before going to site to work to safeguard themselves against production hazards.
Manufacturing Team Leader Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Manufacturing team leaders perform various functions in ensuring production processes run efficiently and effectively.
Below is an example of the manufacturing team leader job description. It consists of key duties individuals holding the position are usually required to complete by employers in many manufacturing firms:
- Monitor workers on site during production activities to ensure adherence to ethics and safety procedures
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment for safety and functionality
- Ensure that products and goods manufactured meet quality standards obtainable in the industry
- Motivate workers to enhance production quantity and at the same time maintain high production standards
- Check finished products to ensure quality, and that industry standards are met before they are declared ready for use
- Keep records of workers performance
- Keep records of equipment, budgets, deliveries, and supplies, and make them available to management for evaluation
- Create work schedule for workers and ensure that they strictly adhere to it; take attendance to ensure regularity and promptness of workers to duty
- Work as middleman between workers and management to create healthy communication
- Develop production schedule for the execution of projects in a timely manner
- Ensure that work materials are present as at when needed.
Manufacturing Team Leader Job Description for Resume
To prepare a resume for the team leader involved in manufacturing activities, the information contained in the sample job description above can be useful in writing the employment history section of the resume.
The duties and functions stated above for the position can be adopted and modified to write the true job history or professional experience section of your resume as it is also called.
Manufacturing Team Leader Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
Here are some key requirements most employers usually require that applicants for the position of manufacturing team leader should have to be certain that they will be able to effectively carry out the obligations, objectives, and purpose of the role to be hired:
- Good physical fitness
- Basic mechanical works experience
- Must be safety cautious
- Strong ability to motivate, lead, and give directions to team members
- Have good time management skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate effectively with all members of the team from various backgrounds
- Solid knowledge of machine capabilities and manufacturing and metallurgical processes
- Exceptional ability to read, understand, and interpret production blueprints accurately
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively relate with team members and the management
- Excellent organizational skills and profound ability to schedule multiple activities and resources for efficient and effective utilization
- Solid knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement practices and procedures
- Strong experience with machining or/and manufacturing process
- Possess experience working as a supervisor.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager needing to find the best candidates to hire for the manufacturing team leader role, you will find this page helpful.
You can apply the sample manufacturing team leader job description and information about the duties of the position on this post in making an effective description for the position in your organization, which will enable you to attract the best team leaders to your company.
You will also find this article valuable if you are interested in the manufacturing team leader career. You will be able to increase your knowledge of what the duties and responsibilities of a team leader in a manufacturing company are.
Did you find this post helpful in knowing what manufacturing team leaders do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You can also discuss your job description if you work as a manufacturing team leader.