Junior Account Executive Job Description Example
What Does a Junior Account Executive Do?
The junior account executive can also be referred to as the junior account handler. As his/her title implies, his/her job description entails reporting to the senior account executive and also deputizing for them in the event that they are indisposed for one reason or the other.
The junior account executive is expected to act as the very important link between the customer and the company, and most especially between the customer and the chief account executive.
His/her job is more or less sales job, and is expected to have full understanding of the goals of the client.
In a company, while the major responsibilities for the account executive unit falls on the head of the department who may be called the senior or chief account executive, the individual handling the junior role is nevertheless required to have full knowledge of the business operation of the firm since he/she may be asked to deputize for the senior staff any time the need arises, in which situation he/she will have no excuse for failure.
The junior account executive is also expected to relate with the administrative staff members, as well as with the creative team of the organization towards improving the company’s profit base. Such corroborative effort will enable the organization produce far more effective business campaigns.
The company may saddle the junior staff with other duties and responsibilities, including maintaining the client-company relationship and keeping such in high standard all the time to further encourage the client to continue dealing with the organization.
Most of such tasks are usually delegated by the senior account executive to a junior staff, who is expected to send reports of his/her progress to the senior executive.
Account executives work mostly with advertising agencies and a host of other firms, including fashion, technology, marketing, and advertising.
All the products being offered by the organization must be well known and understood by the junior executive.
Additionally, the junior account executive should be able to sell products to clients without much problem.
The work description of the junior account executive also entails carrying out client acquisition and client servicing.
The day-to-day affairs of the client in relation to the organization are expected to be managed by the junior executive.
He/she is mostly saddled with the practical aspect of the organization’s activities, and the role he/she plays is largely determined by the type of organization or sector he/she works for.
Junior Account Executive Job Description Example
The daily responsibilities, tasks, and duties of junior account executives in most companies are shown in the job description example provided below:
- Attend client meetings on regular basis or when delegated to handle such task
- Prepare client reports on regular basis and submit such to the appropriate authority
- Develop workable strategies for marketing and sales generation
- Develop helpful plans that will target new and prospective customers for the organization
- Retain all the existing clients of the organization
- Work together with the account planners of the organization for proper analysis of the chosen budget and clients brief
- Prepare and submit to the appropriate authority in the organization, all advertising requirements
- Meet clients’ needs latest by deadlines allotted to such needs
- Manage account of the clients and also handle their invoicing
- Maintain contact with the customers at every stage of advertising or marketing campaign
- Check consistently and report in details, the progress recorded on campaigns
- Negotiate on behalf of the organization with the client
- Solve all the problems clients may report on and intimate the senior account executive of those problems he/she finds difficult to handle
- Make available to customers campaign ideas and the costing.
Junior Account Executive Resume Preparation
If you are looking for a new account executive job in a junior role, you will surely need to be armed with a good resume to grab prospective employers’ attention ahead of other people gunning for the same position.
The sample job description shown above lists the major duties and responsibilities of a junior account executive. This information can be applied in making the job history section of the resume, which provides proof of experience for the job.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for Junior Account Executive Role
The following abilities, knowledge, and skills have been proven to aid job performance for junior account executives who have developed or acquired them, and are part of what most employers look for when hiring:
- Degree or HND in any area, like Psychology, Business, Management, Communication, Media studies, Statistics, Operational Research, Marketing or Advertising
- Professional qualifications give advantage, like IPA Foundation Certificate, IPA Excellence Diploma, and Diploma in Marketing Communication
- Excellent and motivational communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Experience and skill in prioritizing tasks
- Possess perfect understanding of the business process specific to the organization
- Possess organizational skills
- Ability to handle tasks with little or no supervision by the senior account executive
- Ability to work as member of a team
- Possess keen eyes for details
- Possess good understanding of budget restraints
- Possess self confidence to help improve on the confidence level of the client in the organization
- Possess good computer skills and knowledgeable about relevant technological applications related to the particular organization
- Ability to perform and be productive even under pressure.
Junior Account Executive Skills for Resume
The skills and other qualities stated above, which are needed to excel on the job as junior account executive, can be used in writing the skills section of a resume for the position.
Since they are the qualities employers are looking for, you will need to have them, and also use them in your resume to make it compelling.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.