IT Support Specialist Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of an IT support specialist, to help you learn about the work they do.
It presents the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the IT support specialist work description.
This post also shows the major requirements you may need to fulfill if you are seeking to work as an IT support specialist.
Please, read on to gain greater understanding of the IT support specialist career:
What Does an IT Support Specialist Do?
An IT support specialist is responsible for overseeing and managing computer systems and providing adequate support to systems’ users.
The kind of assistance an IT support specialist offers may be of internal assistance, directly working with the staff that makes use of the computer systems, or it may be assisting external customers who access the systems through the Internet.
The IT support specialist job description entails performing and completing various types of complex, analytical, and technical duties.
It involves providing assistance and maintenance to all computer systems and hardware within an organization.
The IT support specialist is responsible for carrying out several important tasks which may include installing, configuring, and updating hardware and software, as well as handling technical issues that are related to the equipment that may come up on a daily basis.
Another important duty that is carried out by an IT support specialist include providing support which involves offering support to computer system users which may be with hardware, such as desktop computers, printers, scanners, or handheld devices, or it may also be with software programs.
The IT support specialist work description also entails maintaining and upgrading systems, which requires him or her to ensure that current systems are up-to-date and running smoothly, and upgrading the system and its components when the need arises.
It also involves conducting research and providing cost analysis data when upgrading or purchasing new software, hardware, or equipment.
Another important function of an IT support analyst is to administer data, which involves overseeing and managing an organization’s data, including internal information and client information.
The process of administering data also includes maintaining, backing up, and securing databases, and restoring files when needed.
The role of an IT support specialist requires an ideal candidate or any interested individual to possess or demonstrate certain skills or attributes, such as excellent communication and interpersonal skills, being a technology savvy, and having an incorrigible interest in assisting others.
Individuals interested in the IT support specialist career are also to have the ability to stay abreast and keep up to date on the latest developments and trends in the industry.
IT Support Specialist Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The typical IT support specialist job description consists of the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Regularly providing maintenance to existing hardware and computer systems
- Installing and configuring new technology to be implemented by the company, such as hardware, operative systems, and programs or applications
- Carrying out findings and gathering and writing reports on the status of all software and hardware in the organization
- Carrying out diagnostics on malfunctioning hardware or software
- Executing security checks on all systems
- Managing all phases of assigned projects, and assisting other staff with assigned projects as required
- Taking part in a variety of meetings, training sessions, and seminars as required
- Administering data by overseeing the organization’s data, including client information and customer information
- Troubleshooting common IT problems
- Offering assistance to computer system users which may be with hardware or software
- Maintaining and upgrading systems by ensuring that current systems are updated and running smoothly.
IT Support Specialist Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as an IT support specialist or are presently holding that position and are writing a new resume, you can create an effective professional experience section for the resume by applying the sample job description presented above.
If the new position you are applying for requires having some work experience as an IT support specialist, then using the above sample job description will help you make a stronger professional or work experience section for your resume.
IT Support Specialist Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the IT support specialist role, here are important requirements you may be expected to meet to qualify for hiring:
- Technology savvy and profound knowledge of computer and hardware systems
- High problem-solving skills, as an IT support specialist is required to effectively identify an issue and tackle them efficiently
- Well developed oral and written communication and interpersonal skills which enables an IT support specialist to efficiently understand and handle clients or staffs’ requirements, and also provide support in tackling technical issues, while also reporting to the upper management
- High analytical mind with the ability to pay particular attention to details, which enables the IT support specialist to find the right solutions to various problems by thinking creatively and outside the box
- Several years of proven work experience in the IT industry
- A Bachelor’s degree in fields such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, and Information Technology, or any course that specializes in computer networking and hardware.
If you are an employer or recruiter hiring for the IT support specialist role, you will need to make and publish a description of the position to inform and guide interested individuals about the expected duties and responsibilities of the position.
You can make the perfect description for role by applying the IT support specialist job description example provided above.
This post is also helpful to individuals interested in the IT support specialist career, to help them learn all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities associated with the role.