Internet Marketing Specialist Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of an internet marketing specialist to help you learn what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the internet marketing specialist work description.
This article also gives the major requirements recruiters mostly want applicants for the internet marketing specialist job to meet to be considered for hiring.
Please, read on to increase your knowledge of the internet marketing specialist career:
What Does an Internet Marketing Specialist Do?
An internet marketing specialist is responsible for utilizing web technologies such as websites, e-mail, blogs, social networks, and other online tools to achieve marketing goals.
Examining consumer behavior and website user traffic, an internet marketing specialist determines customer patronizing habits and targets advertisement appropriately.
In other words, an internet marketing specialist can be described as an individual responsible for designing, developing, and implementing online marketing strategies to increase sales and revenue for a particular company, organization, or brand.
He/she plays an important role in the development and execution of marketing plans to reach targets, from brand awareness to product promotion.
He/she maximizes the technical and creative opportunities that revolve around web-based static and social marketing in order to create awareness of the brand and attract customers to the brand.
In the process of performing his/her duties, an internet marketing specialist majorly deals with media buying, social networking, and search engine optimization in order to maintain a client base, and also seek and attract new clients.
The internet marketing specialist job description entails developing an online marketing plan, conducting research, and maximizing and utilizing the most current strategies in order to position the brand in the market environment.
Furthermore, other tasks that are carried out by an internet marketing specialist include supervising search engine marketing campaigns, tracking results, analyzing statistics, and liaising effectively with clients.
He/she is also responsible for conducting market research in order to stay aware of customer requirements, habits and trends, brainstorming and creating ideas for creative marketing campaigns, and assisting in all marketing activities by demonstrating sound knowledge and expertise in various areas such as content development and optimization, advertising, event planning, and so on.
In addition, the marketing specialist is expected to demonstrate well-developed communication and interpersonal abilities, teamwork, customer focus, and interest in internet technologies.
He/she must also be a competent professional with the ability to grasp customer behavior trends and also generate creative ideas.
He/she must also demonstrate sound knowledge of marketing concepts, principles, and tactics.
In terms of academic qualifications, any candidate who is interested in working as an internet marketing specialist is required to possess a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, advertising, communication, or in any related field.
Several years of professional experience and training in related fields will also be of crucial advantage.
Internet Marketing Specialist Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Internet marketing specialists perform various functions in ensuring increased sales and revenue for their organizations by designing, developing, and implementing effective online marketing strategies.
The major duties, tasks, and responsibilities commonly assigned to internet marketing specialists in most firms are shown in the job description example below:
- Designing and developing simple, clear, concise, and comprehensible content
- Creating and maintaining websites that are optimized for search engine
- Leading strategic development of internet marketing campaigns in order to improve clients’ website ranking, traffic, and brand awareness
- Conducting market research in order to stay aware of clients’ requirements, habits, and trends
- Developing new ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Liaising and working in relation with external vendors in order to execute promotional events and campaigns
- Cooperating with marketing and other professionals in order to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Presenting reports to management in order to increase conversion, optimize site experience, and support expansion initiatives
- Training and managing internet marketing team’s copywriters, bloggers, and interns
- Keeping an eye out for new online marketing opportunities
- Increasing the sales and revenue of a company by creating and implementing online marketing strategies.
Internet Marketing Specialists Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as an internet marketing specialist or are working in that role presently and are preparing a resume for a new job, you will need to add the professional or work experience section to your resume.
In this section, you will highlight the duties and responsibilities that you have successfully performed as an internet marketing specialist with your previous employer or that you are currently performing with your current employer.
You can quickly and conveniently create the professional experience section of your resume by applying the sample internet marketing specialist job description above.
Internet Marketing Specialist Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of an internet marketing specialist, the recruiter will most likely want you to meet certain requirements before you can be offered an interview.
This is to help them find and hire the best person who can perform the obligations, objectives, and purpose of the internet marketing specialist role for the organization.
Shown below are major requirements anyone seeking the job of an internet marketing specialist may be expected to fulfill by most recruiters, and to succeed on the job:
- Well-organized and detail-oriented to be able to pay particular attention to the process of maximizing and utilizing online marketing strategies and also develop content efficiently
- Exceptional communication and writing skills, as an internet marketing specialist is required to effectively communicate with clients both written and orally, and also efficiently liaise with them
- Solid computer skills, which requires the marketing specialist to be familiar with several necessary technological tools or software, such as MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and CRM, and other various applications
- Strong knowledge of market research methods and understanding of marketing elements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, Advertising, or in any related field.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager seeking to find and hire the best candidate for the internet marketing specialist position in your organization, you will need to publish a detailed description of the job to inform prospective candidates what duties and responsibilities to expect to perform if hired.
This will help those interested in the job offer to make a self-assessment of their ability and qualification to succeed on the job, which will increase your chances of getting the right people for the internet marketing specialist job.
To make the perfect description of the internet marketing specialist role in your organization, you can apply the job description sample above.
The information on this page is also useful to individuals who are interested in the internet marketing specialist career to learn about the job.
Did this article increase your knowledge of what internet marketing specialists do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You can also share your job description if you work as an internet marketing specialist.