House Painter Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a house Painter to increase your knowledge of the work they do.
It presents the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly define the house painter work description in most organizations.
This article also presents major requirements most recruiters commonly set for applicants for the house painter role to meet to be considered for an interview.
Please, read on to learn about the house painter career:
What Does a House Painter Do?
A house painter’s primary responsibility is to paint the interior and exterior surfaces of residential buildings using paint, varnishes, lacquers, sealers, or stains.
Their job description entails executing several pre-painting tasks, including utilizing sandpaper/scraping to strip old paint; performing preparation work for the surfaces and applying filler to cracks and holes using material such as plaster to prepare walls and surfaces before the actual painting tasks is executed.
House painters are also responsible for using power and hand tools to sand surfaces for further finishing and painting to accentuate the work done.
House Painters do not only apply paints but may also be required to apply various wallpaper, vinyl wall fabrics, and all types of coverings or coatings, drywall installation, tape and texture work.
They also ensure that the paint and other materials to be used are of the right color or texture following the specification of the client, and they may also take responsibility for blending paints before carrying out the assigned tasks using various tools.
They ensure that quality products are utilized and the job is executed within the stipulated timeframe.
At the completion of a job task, the house painter also performs maintenance on equipment used to ensure proper performance.
House Painter Job Description Example/Sample/Template
House painters are primarily responsible for painting the interior and exterior surfaces of buildings.
The primary tasks, duties, and responsibilities that usually make up the house painter job description are listed below:
- Carry out skilled work involving painting and drywall
- Perform full surface preparation tasks before the actual painting
- Complete painting jobs within work schedules and move-ins
- Complete minor maintenance duties as needed
- Responsible for preserving material and supply inventory
- Provide all necessary correspondence for work that is completed
- Paint both exterior and interior areas of residential buildings
- Comply with management’s instructions in maintaining an inventory of paint and supplies
- Complete jobs, utilizing appropriate finishes and applications in adherence to the owners, or property manager’s instruction
- Assist with cleaning of areas, supplies, and equipment at the completion of the project.
House Painter Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before as a house painter or are currently working in that position, you will need to create the professional experience section for your resume if you are writing one for a new job that requires working experience as a house painter.
You can easily and quickly make a detailed and effective professional or work experience section for your resume by applying the duties and responsibilities in the above house painter job description.
House Painter Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for a Successful Career
If you are seeking the job of a house painter, the following are major requirements you may be expected to meet by recruiters to qualify for hiring:
- Education: To work as a house painter, applicants are required to have High School diploma or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge: Employers often request for hands-on experience in residential painting and knowledge of remodeling, including drywall work, painting, and finishing, trim, and ladder work. It is also useful that they are familiar with the safe operation of basic hand and power tools, have an understanding of carpentry and building materials, and knowledge of workplace and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Communication Skills: It is essential for house painters to possess verbal communication and active listening abilities because they have to rely on the customer or manager’s instruction to perform their job. So, to get a clear picture of what the client/manager wants, they must listen actively for a thorough understanding of the information conveyed and ask relevant follow-up questions to clear any misrepresentation
- Teamwork Skills: A house painter works with others, so it is vital that they can work in a team-oriented environment, contributing their quota to a project and rendering assistance whenever there is need
- Time Management: One of the responsibilities of the house painter is to execute projects within the stipulated time. Hence, they must organize work in a manner that allows them to accomplish projects on-time and on-budget.
House Painter Salary
According to information on ZipRecruiter, the annual salary of a house painter falls in the range of $20,000-$53,000.
But a higher proportion of house painters earn $28,500 to $38,500 across the United States.
Following the salary estimate provided by ZipRecruiter, as at Aug 10, 2019, the average annual pay for house painters in the United States is $34,696.
If you are a recruiter or employer needing to hire a house painter, you will need to make and publish a description of the role for prospective candidates to know what the job entails.
You can make the perfect house painter job description for your organization by applying the sample job description on this page.
The information provided in this article is also useful to individuals interested in the house painter career; they will be able to increase their knowledge of what the role does.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.