Home Depot Head Cashier Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This article highlights what the head cashier at home depot do, including the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the role’s job description.
It also provides information on the requirements a candidate is expected to meet to be considered for hiring in the position of a head cashier at the Home Depot.
It also shows the expected head cashier salary at the Home Depot.
Please, read on:
What does a Home Depot Head Cashier do?
The head cashier greets customers and assists them with shopping, and offers solutions and advice about products.
They also assist customers in finding merchandise by first locating it within the store’s layout plan or by bringing a customer to the appropriate department.
The responsibilities of the head cahier at the Home Depot also include stocking shelves, straightening items on racks, and filling display cases with product displays, and securing broken fixtures, as well as reporting any damages that might occur in areas such as window displays or ceilings.
The head cashier also keeps the store clean and tidy, sweeps floors and empties trash cans.
They work closely with the manager to ensure that all registers are staffed at all times when the store is open.
Their duties include supervising other employees such as department assistants.
The head cashier may be required to perform security tasks such as enforcing shopping policies and procedures on children, preventing theft of merchandise and reporting shoplifters.
They are expected to be knowledgeable about the prices, discounts, and sale items of all the Home Depot products.
The head cashier at Home Depot is in charge of running the store, supervising their staff, and interacting with customers.
Their job description involves overseeing all shopping carts and collecting payment for goods at the checkout stand.
They provide excellent customer service by accepting requests to deliver items.
The head cashier’s duties also entails resolving misunderstandings, directing customers to product locations; and processing returns; replacing missing items and identifying maintenance issues.
He/she stays on top of prices, be aware of inventory levels, and make sure nothing gets out-of-stock.
The Home Depot head cashier keeps track of all transactions and verifies till accuracy. He/she takes notes on customer interactions for future reference and prioritizes tasks.
He/she also deals with cashier shortages; serves customers quickly, and makes change.
The head cashier is expected to be organized; work well under pressure, and help other departments if needed (such as grocery); answer phone calls and handle POS terminal operations easily.
He/she is also expected to provide excellent customer service, price checks on all items, and process refunds, as well as balance the register.
The head cashier at Home Depot should be able to handle tough situations like angry customers and authorisation for refunds and returns.
His/her work description also entails resolving customer complaints and identify theft.
Home Depot Head Cashier Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The Home Depot head cashier job description commonly consists of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Assists customers with shopping and offers solutions about products
- Enforces shopping policies and procedures on children; prevents theft of merchandise and reports shoplifters
- Supervises and manages all cashiers and other employees
- Keeps track of all cash drawer transactions
- Assists in security tasks such as keeping the store clean and reporting any damages to the manager
- Ensures that shelves, racks, displays are stocked
- Maintains good relationships with customers
- Reports any damages in areas such as window displays or ceilings
- Keeps store clean and tidy by sweeping floors and empties trash cans
- Maintains an orderly work space
- Assists in the receiving, unpacking and stocking of new product deliveries
- Orders new supplies when necessary
- Assists cashiers in the unloading and moving of all merchandise to insure proper flow throughout the store
- Prepares paperwork such as cash reports, credit card slips, refund forms and other management documentation
- Performs security functions such as monitoring disabled parking spaces and enforcing policies about loitering in department areas
- Assists with promotional events, loading and unloading trucks, etc.
- Removes trash from store when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Home Depot Head Cashier Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for a Successful Career
Here are major requirements that you may be expected to meet if you are applying for a head cashier job with the Home Depot or other like companies before you can be hired:
- Minimum of 6 months of cashiering or customer service experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Prior retail/cash handling ability and experience
- Strong understanding of inventory control procedures
- Possess good use of English, both oral and written
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work in any shift, day, afternoon, or night
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs (22,6 kg) on occasion
- Knowledge of standard warehouse procedures; forklift experience.
Having the above skills, abilities, knowledge, and experience will help you to be effective on your job and be successful in your career.
Home Depot Head Cashier Salary
The Glassdoor website says the average salary for a Home Depot head cashier is $13 per hour.
The head cashier salary can range between 5 and 21 dollars an hour, depending on location or employer level of seniority in the company.
The starting salary ranges from around 29k to 31K annually while going up one rank will increase your income by 10%.
This post provided the duties and responsibilities that you will be expected to perform as a head cashier at the Home Depot.
The information here will help you in making a decision whether you should go for the head cashier career or not.
This post is also helpful to employers/recruiters in similar industry as the Home Depot who are looking to find and hire the best person for the head cashier position in their organization.
They can apply the sample Home Depot head cashier job description in making a detailed one for use in their recruitment process.