Financial Research Analyst Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
If you are looking for what the job description of a financial research analyst entails, then you are on the right page as this post focuses on the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that majorly define the financial research analyst work description.
In this article also, you will discover the major requirements recruiters for the financial research analyst role commonly set for prospective applicants to fulfill before being hired.
Please, continue reading:
What Does a Financial Research Analyst Do?
Financial research analysts are responsible for scrutinizing the financial statements and other public documents of an organization to estimate their financial worth.
They are also responsible for managing portfolios/ funds and gauge the level of risks involved in an investment.
Financial research analysts find employment in investment banks, mutual funds, and security firms; brokerage firms and other organizations with money to invest.
The financial research analyst job description entails conducting research and utilizing software to track economic data and make forecasts about their industries of specialty, and also providing analytical support to sales and marketing teams.
It also involves providing various analyses and investment guidance on multiple companies and industries.
Financial research analysts also monitor changing trends in business processes, competition, and regulatory policies to protect the investment of the organization they work for.
They are also responsible for providing research-based analytical support in forecasting budgets and performing variance analyses, as well as in preparing financial budgets.
They research to evaluate and initiate capital expenditure models and other business development models and procedures.
The financial research analyst work description also involves helping organizations mitigate risks by performing extensive research and evaluation of business models.
It also includes ensuring due diligence on financial reports and statements, as well as creating specific economic models to enhance business development.
Financial Research Analyst Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Financial research analysts perform various functions, including conducting research on companies and performing thorough investigation of their economic documents to ascertain their true financial position, and guaranteeing sound investment decisions for their organizations.
The significant tasks, duties, and responsibilities of a financial research analyst are highlighted in the job description example below:
- Investigate financial statements of businesses to determine their net worth
- Responsible for managing funds and financial portfolios
- Communicate potential risks in investment proposals to management
- Stay current with recent software and technologies capable of predicting the financial future of the industry (e.g. healthcare, banking, or real estate) they specialize
- Monitor and manage the company’s stocks and proffer suggestions to management/ relevant authority regarding whether to sell or to invest
- Ensure that the company complies with risk management protocols
- Study periodical and annual financial statements to evaluate the estimated future earnings of the organization
- Partake in investors meetings and interact with senior financial and management teams
- Carry out original research on new datasets
- Spot and research prototype predictive products
- Become skilled in writing production-ready code to identify interesting outliers, anomalies, correlations, and associations
- Responsible for the preparation of financial reports and investment recommendations.
Financial Research Analyst Job Description for Resume
If you are seeking a new job and have worked or are currently working as a financial research analyst, you can apply the sample job description above in creating the job experience section of your resume.
With a good job experience section, you will be able to effectively let the recruiter know that you have been and will be successful in performing the financial research analyst role in their organization.
Financial Research Analyst Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
When hiring for the financial research analyst position, recruiters or HR managers normally hunt for individuals who can perform the obligations, objectives, and purpose of the role effectively.
To ensure only the best suitable applicants are accepted, recruiters commonly give a list of requirements applicants must meet to access the position.
Shown below are major financial research analyst requirements prospective candidates must fulfill to be given an interview appointment:
- Education: To work as a financial research analyst, applicants are required to have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics or in a closely related field
- Knowledge: They should have solid financial background and a minimum of 2 years work experience in the financial services industry
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: It is an advantage to the applicant if they have a professional certification like CFA. Some recruiters lookout for applicants with Series 7 or willingness to obtain it within the first 90 days of employment
- Communication skills: It is important that applicants have exceptional verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively, and also prepare reports for management
- Attention to detail: To guarantee the validity of analyses, it is important that applicants are detail-oriented individuals to achieve a high degree of accuracy
- Organizational skills: It is also important that applicants can balance multiple projects under pressure amid tight deadlines
- Quantitative and analytical skills: The job of a financial research analyst requires them to analyze financial statements to support investment decisions. So it is important that applicants are highly numerate individuals with strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and draw meaningful conclusions from large data sets
- Self-starter: Applicants must be self-motivated individuals with the ability to work independently or with little supervision.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager needing to hire the best financial research analyst, your quest to finding such individual begins by making a detailed description of the job that captures all the duties and responsibilities you need the successful candidate to perform.
You can apply the sample financial research analyst job description provided above as a template and source of information in making yours.
This post also provides information for individuals interested in the financial research analyst career to increase their knowledge of what the role entails.
Did this article improve your knowledge of what financial research analysts do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You may also discuss your job description if you work as a financial research analyst.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.