Finance Assistant Resume Writing Tips and Example
If you are seeking for the position of finance assistant but don’t know how to go about writing a good resume to convince hirers of your capability, then you don’t have to worry anymore as that is what this post seeks to solve.
The finance assistant position is a role that requires a high level of trust and organization. So, recruiters take a lot of factors into consideration before hiring candidates to fill this position in any organization.
The first step to convincing recruiters to hire you for this position is writing a good resume.
Firstly, a great resume is one that is free of grammatical blunders and well organized irrespective of the format chosen.
Your resume is the first test from you, which allows the hirer to assess your level of organizational skills.
Secondly, make sure that all the important sections that make a resume effective are included, that the content of each section is convincing enough to make you hire an applicant if you were the one doing the hiring, and that each section is modeled in line with the job specifications.
Let’s quickly look at the contents of each section before we conclude with a sample resume to enable you create yours effortlessly.
Resume Objective Section
Being the first section after your personal details, the objective section is where your employer begins to assess your eligibility for the job.
If you get this section wrong, the employer may assume that you are not fit for the job and simply move on to the next applicant’s resume.
So, in writing this section make sure it is precise and appealing. No too much flowering is needed, but just a convincing statement about your skills that qualifies you for the position.
Below are examples to help you understand what is required of you in this section when applying for a finance assistant job.
Finance Assistant Objective Statement Examples for Resume
Here are examples of objective statements for a finance assistant resume:
- Seeking a position as a finance assistant at Ozone Inc. Offer competencies in accounts reconciliation, intercompany invoicing and exceptional cashiering skills to manage the company’s operations effectively.
- Seeking an entry level finance assistant position in a competitive work environment where my strong analytical, numerical, and problem solving skills will be well utilized.
The first example above is modeled after the specifications for a finance assistant position for Ozone Inc.
Like I stated earlier, the statement is concise and straight to the point while still pointing out the soft skills that make the applicant fit for the position.
The second example is generic, yet concise and embodies qualities expected of a finance assistant.
Core Competence Section
This section gives you the opportunity to state all the skills you possess and personal attributes that make you an outstanding candidate for the job.
Here, you are allowed to expand on the statement made on the objective section.
A hint on how to go about writing a good core competence section is to read the description on the job advertisement.
This would enable you state only skills and qualities you have that are demanded by the hirer.
A finance assistant in one firm may be required to have a working knowledge of project management application while another firm may not be in need of a finance assistant with such skill.
If you are seeking to be employed by the latter, including ‘proficient in Primavera’ may not be unnecessary.
Job Experience Section
If you have worked as a finance assistant or in a similar role, this is the section to tell the employer.
This section avails you the opportunity to list your previous work experience – your employer, position held, work performed and possibly milestones achieved.
Professional Qualification Section
The position of finance assistant is usually filled by associate degree holders or first degree holders with limited experience.
This is the section where you are expected to present your academic qualification and class of degree if you deem it necessary.
Any professional certification or training may also come to bear in this section.
Finance Assistant Resume Example/Sample/Template
The finance assistant resume example below will help you write a good one for yourself. However, you must ensure to make your resume in line with the specific requirements demanded by the hirer.
111 Gateway Street Queens, New York
Home: (+1) 577-7767, Cell: (+1) 977-7777.
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a finance assistant at Ozone Inc. Offer competencies in accounts reconciliation, intercompany invoicing and exceptional cashiering skills to manage the company’s operations effectively.
- Solid background in finance
- Solid work experience in finance/accounting role
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Proven proficiency in MS Excel and other spreadsheet applications
- Exceptional knowledge of intercompany invoicing, bank reconciliations, and general ledger work.
Lutherfield LLC, Queens
2013 – Present
- Provide support to the finance manager in preparing finance reports
- Drive business to ensure financial goals are accomplished
- Assist the finance manager in coordinating the day to day finance operations
- Work as part of the finance team in during financial audit
- Process customer receipts
- Maintain historical records through proper filing of documents
- Assist the account manager in reconciliation of accounts
- Verify and track invoices, and prepare contract modification packages
- Perform other clerical duties that are assigned to me.
Education and Professional Qualification
- New York State University, New York, Associate Degree in Finance, 2012.
Having a great resume will certainly boost your chances of getting the job of a finance assistant, and the good thing is that you can write it yourself by following the guide above.
Did you find our guide on how to write a good resume for the job of a finance assistant useful? Let’s know what you think by leaving your comment in the box below. Also, you can share addition tips on resume writing that have worked for you in the comment box.
You will also like:
>> Create a professional resume in only 3 steps with the Awesome Resume Builder (it's free!) and increase your interview call ups.