Field Property Claims Adjuster Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a field property claims adjuster, to help you learn about the work they do.
It presents the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the field property claims adjuster work description.
This post also provides the major requirements individuals will be expected to fulfill if they are seeking the job of a field property claims adjuster.
Please, continue reading to increase your knowledge of the field property claims adjuster career:
What Does a Field Property Claims Adjuster Do?
A field property claim adjuster is responsible for handling insurance claims from customers or clients whose properties have been affected by weather hazards, water, fire, vandalism, or any form of accident.
There is always a tendency that people might suffer damage to their homes or other properties, therefore, they rely on the field property claims adjuster to approve their claims from the insurance company.
The field property claims adjuster job description entails examining property damage and determining how much the insurance company should compensate the claimant.
It also involves working in the field and visiting damaged properties, and carrying out a thorough investigation in order to get background information on the damage.
In the process of disseminating his/her duties, the field property claims adjuster is responsible for carrying out several important daily activities ranging from investigation to settlement.
He/she is responsible for carrying out the investigation which involves visiting the location of the damaged property to verify the damage done to the property, and gathering the information that is crucial to the claim, such as police reports, fire department accounts, weather documentation, and so on, and also assess repairs.
The field property claims adjuster is also responsible for carrying out interviews once he/she has taken a critical examination of the damaged property.
He/she may have to interview the homeowners, neighbors, or anyone else involved in the casualty in order to shed light on the incidence or reveal the arsonist who might have caused the accident.
After carrying out a detailed interview, the field property claims adjuster is responsible for analyzing the claimant’s insurance policy in order to ensure that it covers the damage under the circumstances he or she had discovered.
Another duty of the field property claims adjuster is to oversee negotiations once he or she has determined that the circumstances require coverage from the insurance company.
The field property claims adjuster is expected to be fair to the customer while also adhering to the guidelines and policies of the insurance company he or she works for.
He or she then submits the claim to the insurance company for payment once an amount has been agreed with the claimant.
The ideal candidate who wants to work in the position of a field property claims adjuster is expected to demonstrate certain skills, such as thorough knowledge of insurance laws, strong communication and interpersonal skills, good analytical and observation skills, computer proficiency, and several other skills as required.
Field Property Claims Adjuster Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The major duties, tasks, and responsibilities that typically make up the field property claims adjuster job description are shown below:
- Investigating and determining loss coverage and adjusting all elements of property loss claims
- Working in relation with customers and agents in order to negotiate settlements and manage the customer experience
- Making use of estimating software in order to establish indemnity values of claimed damages
- Physically visiting properties in order to critically examine and verify damage and assess repairs
- Ensuring that premiums are paid up and that the claimant’s insurance policy doesn’t have any riders that preclude payment
- Interviewing job professionals such as architects, builders, contractors, and accountants to find out if the claim is appropriate
- Negotiating and reaching a settlement with claimants.
Field Property Claims Adjuster Job Description for Resume
If you have worked before or are presently working as a field property claims adjuster and are making a new resume, you can create a convincing professional experience section for the resume by applying the duties and responsibilities in the field property claims adjuster job description example above.
If having a working experience of the field property claims adjuster role is important for the new job, creating a professional experience for the resume by applying the above job description sample will greatly boost the resume’s effectiveness.
Field Property Claims Adjuster Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking to work as a field property claims adjuster, the requirements you may need to meet to qualify for the role are given below:
- Well-developed analytical skills, as a field property claims adjuster is expected to critically look at damages in claims and different facets of information
- Sound communication skills to negotiate with claimants, interview witnesses and job professionals, and communicate with field experts and police officers. Besides, field property claims adjusters are expected to write reports in order to determine damages
- Good interpersonal skills, as working with claimants require tact and compassion.
- Sound math skills, as a field property claims adjuster is required to calculate the damage caused by an accident
- Several years of proven work experience and proficiency in other helpful backgrounds, such as medical training, construction or architecture, law, or engineering
- A Bachelor’s degree in an insurance-related field.
If you are a recruiter looking to hire for the field property claims adjuster position in your organization, you can create the perfect description for the role by using the sample job description above.
You will be able to attract the best candidates for the field property claims adjuster job in your organization by making and posting a detailed description of the role.
This post is also helpful to individuals interested in the field property claims adjuster career; they can improve their knowledge of what the role does.