Digital Marketing Strategist Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post discusses the job description of a digital marketing strategist, giving you what you need to know about what they do.
It highlights the key tasks, duties, and responsibilities that commonly make up the digital marketing strategist work description in most organizations.
This article also provides the major requirements applicants for the digital marketing strategist job are commonly expected to fulfill by recruiters.
Please, read on to increase your knowledge of the digital marketing strategist career:
What Does a Digital Marketing Strategist Do?
A digital marketing strategist is responsible for the tactical and successful design and management of digital strategy or procedures for clients’ brands or for a particular organization, specifically in the marketing industry.
In other words, a digital marketing strategist refers to an individual who is professionally saddled with the responsibility of implementing web technologies to promote a client’s brand or an organization’s business growth, achieve its business goals and objectives, while also examining, identifying, and implementing needs and new opportunities to promote the awareness of the particular brand or organization.
A digital marketing strategist, in the process of performing his/her duties, is responsible for planning and carrying out several digital marketing activities such as how brands are communicated and explored through digital interactions, and how these digital interactions can tackle issues that are related to broader customer experiences.
The digital marketing strategist job description also entails identifying, setting, and implementing digital marketing strategies using all necessary tools such as websites, emails, various social media platform and blogs.
Some of the duties performed by the digital marketing strategist require him/her to be able to effectively connect the client brand or the organization with their online customers.
In essence, the essential responsibilities of a digital marketing strategist revolve around developing and implementing market strategies for his/her client’s brand or organization, promoting current strategies, ensuring that business and marketing objectives are met, maintaining a good relationship between clients and stakeholders, identifying issues, and performing market research.
In addition, individuals interested in working as a digital marketing strategist is expected to possess or demonstrate various skills and assets, such as expertise in marketing, sound knowledge and interest in digital technologies, communication, networking, computer proficiency, and a flair for creativity, and project management skills.
He/she must also be able to ensure that clients’ contacts are intact and accurate, information shared by and with clients are organized and secured, and ensure that agency procedure or policies are strictly adhered to and carefully followed.
In terms of academic qualifications, several organizations and employers demand a Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, or marketing from candidates who are interested in working in the field of digital marketing.
It is also important that candidates possess several years of professional experience in any related marketing industry.
Adequate computer training is also crucial for this job.
Digital Marketing Strategist Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Digital marketing strategists perform various functions in ensuring effective utilization of web technologies in promoting their clients’ brands or organizations.
The major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that typically make up the digital marketing strategist job description are shown below:
- Designing, developing, and implementing market strategies with the aid of web technologies for clients’ brand, while also helping to promote business growth and achieving business goals and objectives
- Preparing digital marketing strategies using all necessary tools, including websites, emails, social media platforms, and blogs
- Identifying and analyzing web traffic metrics, and providing recommendations or suggesting solutions to boost web presence
- Working in relation to marketing, sales, design, and content teams in order to optimize customer experience and ensure brand consistency
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships through social media interactions
- Identifying and implementing advertising needs and new opportunities to promote the awareness of clients’ brand
- Working with project managers and various departments in order to ensure that the team is aligned with client requirements
- Ensuring compliance with all necessary agency procedures and policies
- Educating colleagues on the appropriate use of the digital channel, in line with company policy
- Keeping abreast and staying up-to-date with digital technologies developments and updates.
Digital Marketing Strategist Job Description for Resume
If you have working experience of the digital marketing strategist role and are making a new resume for another job, you can apply the job description example above in completing your resume’s work or professional experience section.
The professional experience part of your resume provides you the opportunity to state the duties and responsibilities you have performed or are presently carrying out working as a digital marketing strategist.
This can give a boost to your resume as the recruiter can clearly see that you have been successful performing the duties of a digital marketing strategist.
Digital Marketing Strategist Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a digital marketing strategist, it is important to know that recruiters will want you to meet certain requirement to qualify to access the position.
Since recruiters want to attract only qualified candidates who can effectively perform the purpose, objectives, and obligations of the digital marketing strategist role in their organizations, they need to publish the job requirements to screen applicants and ensure only the best are invited to an interview.
Shown below are major requirements you may be expected to meet to access the digital marketing strategist job with most employers:
- Several years of full-time experience in digital marketing or advertising
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a variety of internal teams and business groups, as a digital marketing strategist is required to work efficiently and independently with teams in order to optimize customer experience
- Strong interest in technology and digital marketing. It is one of the most important skills and qualifications of a digital marketing strategist to be familiar with technologies, and also be well trained to use the computer and other necessary digital marketing tools
- Well-developed and excellent verbal and written communication skills, as a digital marketing strategist is required to liaise and maintain healthy relationships with clients and businesses
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communication, public relations, or any relevant field.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager looking to hire for the digital marketing strategist role for your company, you will need to inform prospective candidates of the duties they will be assigned if hired.
That means, you will need to write and publish a description of the available digital marketing strategist job, and you can do this conveniently and quickly by applying the duties presented in the above job description.
Also, individuals interested in the digital marketing strategist career and needing to learn about the role will also find this article beneficial.
Did this post help you learn about what digital marketing strategists do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You may also share your job description if you work as a digital marketing strategist.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.