Data Entry Analyst Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
If you are searching for the data entry analyst job description to learn about what they do, then this post will be useful to you.
It presents the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly define the data entry analyst work description in most organizations.
This post also presents the major requirements, including skills, education, and experience that most recruiters typically expect prospective candidates for the data entry analyst position to meet to be hired for the role.
Please, keep reading to learn about the data entry analyst career:
What Does a Data Entry Analyst Do?
Data entry analysts are responsible for manually entering text or numerical data from source documents into databases, spreadsheets, or word processing programs, or utilizing automated software programs to upload digital data files.
They are responsible for the compilation and sorting of information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry.
The data entry analyst job description entails ensuring the accuracy and validation of data.
It involves reviewing data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities, and checking output.
To ensure accuracy, data entry analysts spot dirty data and consult with team members to identify cleanup resolution.
They also validate data quality by performing ongoing data audits and remediating process gaps that contribute to bad data.
They may also search public records and perform online searches to find and verify records.
The data entry analyst work description also entails reviewing data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities where possible and checking output.
In cases of incomplete records, they research and obtain further information.
Data entry analysts may also be responsible for manipulating data to create specialized reports, including reports of data for use by the marketing department and other colleagues.
Data Entry Analyst Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Data entry analysts perform various functions, which majorly involves the management of data sources, and guaranteeing the quality and accuracy of data.
The daily tasks, duties, and responsibilities that usually make up the job description of a data entry analyst are listed below:
- Responsible for reviewing source data and processing documents for data for entry purposes
- Key data from source documents into the system
- Responsible for reconciling data reports and results
- Responsible for rejecting reports and wrench paper claims if required
- Responsible for the analyses and interpretation of data using a variety of statistical techniques, with a focus on the accuracy of information
- Ensure all entered data are accurate and complete
- Get data from both primary and secondary sources, and maintain data systems
- Responsible for spotting and analyzing patterns in complex data sets
- Responsible for the review of reports and performance indicators in order to spot and correct coding problems
- Create specialized reports following the instructions of requesters
- Filter and sort data, carry out statistical analysis, and calculate both mean and standard deviations, or measure correlations as needed.
Data Entry Analyst Job Description for Resume
If you have worked previously as a data entry analyst or are holding the position presently and are writing a resume for a new job, you can easily make the job or professional experience section of the resume by applying the sample job description above.
The sample job description contains duties and responsibilities that you can use in your resume’s professional experience section to describe your previous or current role as a data entry analyst.
Data Entry Analyst Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
If you are seeking the job of a data entry analyst, you need to be aware that most recruiters will want you to meet certain requirements to be qualified to access the position.
They usually want applicants for the position to meet certain qualities, abilities, education, and experience requirements, to prove that they will be able to perform the obligations, objectives, and purpose of the data entry analyst role.
Shown below are major requirements you may be asked to meet if you are seeking the job of a data entry analyst:
- Education: Applicants for the data entry analyst job are required to have a minimum of High School diploma or GED. Having additional computer training or certification is an added advantage to the applicant
- Knowledge: Employers are interested in candidates with data entry experience, familiarity with administrative duties and typing speed, and accuracy (minimum of 35 wpm with 95% accuracy)
- Computer skills: Applicants must be knowledgeable and proficient with MS Office and data programs
- Language skills: It is essential that they have strong reading, writing, and speaking skills, and excellent knowledge of correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation to guarantee the accuracy of data
- Attention to detail: Data entry analysts are responsible for cleaning up data to guarantee for quality and integrity. Hence, it is essential that they are detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of data
- Confidentiality: Data entry analysts may be exposed to sensitive information when performing their duties, so it is important that applicants for the role can handle sensitive business and private employee information.
If you are a recruiter or HR manager hiring for the role of a data entry analyst, you will need to make and publish a detailed description of the job to inform interested individuals of the duties and responsibilities the successful candidate will be assigned in your organization.
You can apply the sample data entry analyst job description above in making the perfect description of the role for your organization.
This post also provides valuable information about the duties and responsibilities commonly performed by data entry analysts for individuals interested in the career to increase their knowledge of what it entails.
Did you find this article helpful in learning about what data entry analysts do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. You can also discuss your job description if you work as a data entry analyst.