Construction Liaison Officer Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides complete information on the job description of a construction liaison officer, to help increase your knowledge of what they do.
It presents the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the construction liaison officer work description.
It also highlights the major requirements you would need to fulfil to be hired for the construction liaison officer position in most companies.
Please, read on:
What does a Construction Liaison Officer do?
The construction liaison officer is responsible and accountable for acting as contact points for all agency or organizational personnel regarding construction project issues weighing on the agency/organizational operations.
The construction liaison officer is responsible for ensuring that building or large renovation projects are completed in an efficient, effective manner which protects the health, safety and welfare of the employees affected by this process.
He/she may develop special procedures to deal with various types of emergencies and disasters to ensure that the building can be used successfully in spite of such an occurrence.
He/she is responsible for coordination with all other agencies, organizations, and/or personnel affected by the construction project.
The construction liaison officer job description also involves overseeing the development of a comprehensive set of policies and procedures which reflect local agency/organizational building management philosophies and govern the overall construction process.
It also includes coordinating closely with other agency members of the project team to ensure all construction processes are completed in a timely fashion, taking into account program milestones and budget constraints.
The liaison officer will also work closely with other agency project managers to ensure that there are no conflicts in schedules or demands on the building.
He/she is also responsible for keeping all agency/organizational personnel informed of any changes which might affect them, including anticipated occupancy dates.
He/she ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local statutes, ordinances and regulations concerning building operations, maintenance and construction.
He/she will guarantee that the project is completed in a manner that reflects favorably on the agency/organization.
The construction liaison officer ensures that when an individual leaves the building during construction, either temporarily or permanently, their security access passes are properly cancelled and returned to the appropriate warehouse.
He/she is responsible for establishing and maintaining liaison with the property manager, physical security staff, maintenance personnel, housekeeping services staff and custodial services.
He/she ensures that all applicable provisions of collective bargaining agreements are observed during construction activities.
He/she must prioritize the needs of the building occupants above all other considerations, ensuring that the construction process does not interfere with their work.
The duties performed by the construction liaison officer also include ensuring that any changes to project scope or budget are authorized by the appropriate agency/organizational member of the project team and communicated as promptly as possible to those individuals who will be affected by such changes.
The liaison officer is also responsible for coordinating closely with agency/organizational staff to ensure that building operations are integrated into the overall program of the agency/organization.
Construction Liaison Officer Job Description Example/Sample/Template
The construction liaison officer job description is usually made up of the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Estimate the cost of a construction item
- Develop construction specifications and drawings based on customer requirements
- Inspect work sites to ensure compliance with designs
- Conduct inspections of completed tasks in order to verify that the job has been finished in accordance with the contract documents and specifications
- Oversee or perform all necessary quality control tests
- Review field changes to insure that the final cost does not exceed the estimate
- Create construction drawings and specifications
- Coordinate project schedules with other contractors involved in joint ventures, subcontractors, etc., as well as any required regulatory agencies or parties outside of the construction company
- Examine contract documents for compliance with design requirements and building code
- Assess bids for materials and labor costs needed to complete a job.
Construction Liaison Requirements: Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills for Career Success
Here are major requirements recruiters/employers may want you to meet to be hired for the construction liaison officer role:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture
- Requires 5-7 years of expertise in the field
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Listening skills from training from past jobs in customer service, retail or other industry that involves working with the public
- Math skills to be able to read blueprints or take measurements
- Good judgment to assess risks, make decisions and follow up on issues that need to be resolved.
Construction Liaison Officer Salary
The Glassdoor website reported that the median wage for a construction liaison officer is $59,946 per year or $28.82 per hour.
Individuals interested in the construction liaison officer career will find this post helpful in learning all they need to know about the duties and responsibilities of the role.
With the knowledge, they will be able to make the best decision as to whether to go for the construction liaison officer career or not.
This article is also helpful to recruiters/employers who need to make a job description for the construction liaison officer role in their companies for use in their hiring process.
They can apply the sample construction liaison officer job description provided on this page in making a detailed one for their organizations.