Comcast Hiring Process: Job Application, Interviews, and Employment
The hiring process at Comcast involves various stages, including the job application and interview processes you need to complete successfully to be employed by the Company.
This post provides exhaustive information about the recruitment process at Comcast, to help you easily gain employment with the company.
Comcast Company Overview
Comcast Cable Communication, preferably known with its trade name, Xfinity, is a subsidiary of the Comcast Corporation, which is being utilized to market consumer telephone, cable television, Internet, and wireless services offered by the company.
Before the brand (Xfinity) was brought up in 2010, all products and services were marketed mainly under the Comcast name.
Comcast started providing Internet service from the late 1996, after it helped discover the @Home Network, which was engaged in the sales of Internet service through Comcast cable lines.
In February 2010, Comcast started rebranding its consumer triple play services using the name Xfinity.
Comcast is being recognized as the biggest organization providing cable Internet services in the U.S., offering its services to about 40 percent of the market in 2011.
Also, they were able to own 16.5 million high-speed Internet customers in 2018.
The Comcast Hiring Process
As an employee who wants to get a job at Comcast, you must be ready and possess all that it takes to be employed.
Here are the various stages in the hiring process at Comcast that you will undergo:
- The Job Application
The first part of Comcast recruitment process is submitting an online employment form through the Comcast careers portal.
Applicants need to search for the preferred position that is suitable for their profession and academic background.
To complete your application, you must create an accounts on the portal right there, and then carefully follow the instructions to submit your application successfully.
With the account you’ve created, you will be able to check the progress of your submitted application and know what stage you are in the recruitment process.
You will be notified when your application has been selected among other candidates who will move to the next stage of the hiring process.
2. Brief Phone Interview
If your application has been reviewed by Comcast, you should be given an opportunity to undergo the company’s interview process, which typically starts with a brief phone interview before an in-person interview comes up later on.
The phone interview will be conducted by the hiring personnel and would last for about 20 minutes.
It normally involves a few questions based on the position you chose, and how you can contribute to the company.
Most times, at the end of this phone interview, the interviewer will inform you if you will be interviewed face to face with the HR staff onsite.
3. In-person Interview
Getting invited for an in-person interview strongly depends on your performance in the phone interview.
If you successfully get to this stage, you will be interviewed either by HR staff or a panel of recruiting personnel.
This interview wouldn’t be a difficult experience for you, provided you are well prepared for it.
Several questions will be asked to prove your competence and suitability for the job. There are some typical Comcast interview questions that you will encounter as well.
The Comcast interview questions include:
- Give us/me a tangible reason why you chose to apply for a job at Comcast?
- How prepared are you to meet the responsibilities that your position requires?
- Is there anything that your former co-worker or manager didn’t like about you? Tell me about them.
- Can you explain your best qualities to me? And how can they help you succeed in the Comcast career that you have just chosen?
- Tell me about your previous work experience, and how it would help you to perform your duties required by the Comcast career you have just chosen?
Preparing for your interview at Comcast is very important. When making preparations, Comcast hiring personnel advise applicants to familiarize themselves with the products and services that the company provides for its consumers.
To do this, you should visit Comcast official website and read through their offers.
Moreover, it is highly recommended to go through your resume and ensure that the skills you possess can help you in your chosen career.
Make sure you appear in the appropriate Comcast interview attire.
4. Training and Orientation
At Comcast, all selected applicants who have been employed will need to pass through a four week training program.
This is to get them fit enough and be prepared to start functioning in their various offices. Not all positions require training, especially those positions that are not very significant to the company.
After or before the training, you will undergo a five hour orientation that will educate you about Comcast’s culture and regulations.
You will also get familiar with a few personnel – people who will aid you in performing your daily work duties.
How Long Does Comcast Hiring Last?
Typically, irrespective of the number of applicants, Comcast recruiting personnel always ensure that all job seekers receive a response from them in a short while after an interview.
Some candidates have made complaints about not getting a message from the hiring team in months or not at all most times.
However, there are cases that can be used to counter the complaints of applicants. Candidates who successfully pass the in-person interview don’t find it difficult to get a call for employment afterwards.
In less than three weeks after you have been interviewed, the hiring team will send an email to you or probably give you a phone call, to inform you about the next step to take.
Comcast Jobs and Careers
At Comcast, there are several job opportunities for job seekers. But here are major positions that are very significant to the company:
- Residential installation and service technician: This employee is responsible for working independently in clients’ houses and outdoors to execute the installation of XFINITY products and services. He or she also identifies and resolves reported issues in a very short time frame.
- Sales associate: This employee has the responsibility to give listening ears to customers’ complaints, explaining the company’s products and services comprehensively to customers. He or she calls on new customers and upgrades the services of an existing customer.
- Retail sales consultant, Comcast store: This employee assists and consults with customers on the company’s recent products and services through the use of knowledge, technology, and skills to acquire a world class sales and service experience.
- Technical support, services assurance: This employee is responsible for possessing a general understanding of operations in order to interact with customers irrespective of different technical issues. He or she, without any aid, identifies and diffuses severe customer issues while setting a very correct expectations for resolving issues.
- Network support specialist: This employee is responsible for taking technical support calls coming from customers, as well as searching and identifying proper resolution for managed services, which consists of managed broadband, router, and Wi-Fi.
What to Expect Working at Comcast
Comcast is an amazing company to work for. As an employee, you will get to enjoy several benefits and vacations days, and even quarter bonus.
Most of the supervisors are considerate and tolerant. Having easy and uninterrupted access to free Internet is a typical thing at Comcast.
Co-workers are great and the management doesn’t fail to buy the ideas of employees in resolving some issues at the work environment.
Furthermore, there are a few things most employees don’t really find appealing in the company, such as long working hours, not retention, and a very strict management.
Depending on the department you work in, there might be lots of work duties to perform virtually every day.
Comcast offers its services to millions of customers devotedly, and this is made possible as a result of the sufficient staffs that are competent and make very good use of their expertise to satisfy the needs of customers.
The company is willing to receive qualified applicants into the workforce, and assures every worker of having an exciting time in the company.
You can realize your desire to work at Comcast by applying the information about the hiring process at the company shared in this post.