Accenture Hiring Process: Job Application, Interviews and Employment
The hiring process at Accenture involves various stages, including the job application and interview processes you must complete to be employed by the Company.
Please, continue reading to learn about the Accenture recruitment process and increase your chances of gaining employment with the Company:
Accenture Company Overview
Accenture, officially addressed as Accenture plc, is a world renowned company offering professional services.
This establishment helps to provide services in consulting, digital, strategy, technology, and operations.
Since 2009, the company has been incorporated in Dublin, Ireland. Accenture is worth 39.6 billion dollars by revenue and currently has over 459,000 employees, which makes it possible for the company to serve clients in about 200 cities in 120 countries.
The establishment initially started its technology and business consulting division of Arthur Andersen’s accounting firm in the 1950’s, after it successfully helped General Electric with a feasibility study to execute the installation of computer at Appliance Park in Louisville, Kentucky, which resulted to GE’s installed UNIVACI computer and printer.
This is considered to be the initial commercial utilization of computers in the United States.
In addition, on the 11th of July 2019, Julie Sweet was appointed as the new CEO of Accenture, and will start functioning in her office from 1st of September 2019.
The Accenture Hiring Process
Accenture usually hires an applicant as a permanent or temporary staff after he or she must have passed through the hiring process of the company.
The Accenture hiring process consists of the following stages:
- The Application Process
As an applicant seeking for a job at Accenture, the initial step that should be taken is submitting a job application.
Applicants are expected to fill an application online form on the company’s official website.
Ensure to provide all the necessary information that the company will demand from you, such as your resume and academic transcript. This will make the employer to consider your application seriously.
Once the company receives your application, you will be contacted within a few weeks to consider the hiring process.
2. Online Assessment Test
After your application has been received, you will be notified to take an online assessment test, which is the next step of the hiring process.
The assessment will be a personality-based test conducted by Accenture in order to discover a lot of details about the applicant, and if he or she is suitable to work at Accenture.
Prior to the assessment, you will be sent a link via your email (which was requested from you when filling the application form initially) and clear directions on how to access and perform the assessment test completely.
Try as much as possible to perform the assessment test within three days of receiving the link. The online test will last for just 30 minutes, and you don’t need much preparation for it.
3. Meeting Over the Phone (Very Brief Interview)
Once you have met Accenture’s criteria after the online assessment, personnel from the company will contact you via the phone to conduct a very brief interview.
Don’t underestimate this little conversation, since it’s a chance to develop your knowledge concerning the role you applied for.
You can also ask questions in order to get clarity on things that are not very clear to you.
4. Business Interview
After concluding the brief phone interview successfully, you will be contacted to meet a high-ranking member of the Accenture business.
The personnel will assess your knowledge, ability, suitability, and interest to occupy a role at the company.
It is recommended to be prepared and fully acquainted with a vast range of experience at your previous workplace and through personal studies.
5. Business Case Study
After your success during the “business interview”, you will pass through what Accenture terms “business case study” which involves your ability to resolve a client’s problem in a very limited time.
However, this practice is conducted depending on the role a candidate applied for. You will be notified if it’s part of the assessment process.
6. Final In-person Interview
This is the last stage of the hiring process before getting employed. The interview will be conducted by a Senior Executive from Accenture.
This interview is being carried out to determine if you are absolutely suitable to occupy the role you applied for ad become a part of the company.
The interview usually lasts for about an hour, and it is an opportunity to impress the interviewer.
During the Accenture interview, you will be asked some questions such as:
- Have you managed a project? And how did go about it?
- Have you managed a difficult client? Tell me about it.
- How would you react if your work or ideas is challenged?
- Have you communicated with an underperformer or a colleague that’s challenging? And what was it like?
Providing correct answers to these questions is very important, since it will determine your employment.
Proper preparation prior to the interview will be of great help to you.
Here are some tips to help your preparations for the Accenture interview:
- Make a thorough research about the company, so you can know their aim, business types and the qualities they desire in an employee. Also, when researching, review the job-type and the challenges you might encounter.
- Prepare a few examples that clearly illustrate how you handled difficult scenarios in your current or previous place of work.
- Pay absolute attention to the questions and do not be in a hurry to respond to them.
- Try as much as possible to be confident and well eloquent when delivering answers to questions.
7. Accenture Orientation
Immediately after your employment at Accenture, you will attend an orientation conducted for newly employed workers.
It’s a very educative experience that gives vital knowledge that is needed to launch your career at Accenture.
You will be educated on what Accenture is about, and then trained on the duties and responsibilities that you are to perform as an employee in the company.
The orientation usually lasts for a few days, and all participants are well treated with amazing snacks and food at a three star hotel during the first three days.
How Long Does Accenture Hiring Last?
Applicants who succeeded at the interview usually receive employment from Accenture. It normally takes some weeks to hear from the company after concluding the whole hiring process, including the final interview.
However, some excellent performing candidates can be opportune to get employed immediately after the interview.
Major Accenture Jobs and Careers Available
Numerous jobs and careers are available to employees at Accenture, but here are a few:
- Maintenance officer: in charge of monitoring the whole company equipment and account all the time. A maintenance officer also ensures that faulty equipment is reported to the manager in charge of maintenance.
- Project manager: manages the project activities and resources in collaboration with business partners and the technical division leads. A project manager is also responsible for developing and maintaining project plans of the company.
- Identity and access management practitioner: helps to create and provide business value for Accenture’s clients by unveiling various identity and access management ideas such as: federation technologies, identity governance administration, customer identity management, compliance, etc.
- Technology strategist: helps to develop efficient solutions to very difficult technology and digital issues for C levels executives, where analysis needs deep knowledge of the strategic objectives and technology landscape of Accenture’s clients. A technology strategist also helps to develop and maintain strong relationships that are based on trust with all levels of clients.
- Strategy analyst: creates an understanding of a client’s problems, accumulates data, conducts interviews, synthesizes information, builds models, and strongly supports preparing written deliverables for clients.
What to Expect Working at Accenture
Accenture is a company that’s known for providing numerous opportunities to develop the career of its employees.
Workers at Accenture enjoy flexible work hours, which eases the work stress. Executing projects at the company can be a challenging experience sometimes, but they are very important.
Good salaries are being paid to employees, and there is a good management system in the company.
However, most previous employees at Accenture say jobs have no security at the company; someone can be laid off sometimes.
Also, the company does not provide a platform to help an employee evolve his or her career. Long-term staffs find it difficult to get promoted.
Becoming a staff at Accenture can only be made possible by passing through their entire hiring process successfully.
This article has provided a detailed guideline on how an applicant can apply for a job at Accenture and have a higher chance of succeeding in being hired.
You only have to carefully follow the steps given above correctly and avoid doing anything else that can jeopardize your chances of employment with the company.