Web Project Manager Job Description Example
What Does a Web Project Manager Do?
The web project manager is responsible for leading, developing, and implementing web projects with the sole purpose of achieving the goal of the organization for which the project was set up.
The job description of the web project manager entails designing, updating, and providing managerial support to the team involved in web projects.
His/her role also entails test running, troubleshooting, reviewing, and taking feedback of the web project.
The project manager works with the team of experts which include a good graphics designer, a proficient app developer, and an expert in the running and placement of ads if, where, and when necessary.
The manager also works with experts in generating traffic for the web project and improves its search engine optimization.
The web project developer works with other team of professionals who are proficient with web projects.
Most web projects need someone responsible for its running and its content management from time to time.
The accountability for the smooth running of a firm’s web project is an important reason why a manager is hired.
The manager takes responsibility for the running and management of web projects by ensuring that the firm’s website is well structured and managed by the team of experts assigned to him or her.
The manager is the leading figure in the administration of the project and is accountable for all decision made towards its and management.
The web project manager’s work description primarily includes the creation, management, troubleshooting, restoring, and putting into action the plans and purpose of a web project.
His/her duties also involve coordinating well with the web project management team to ensure that updates and general test running and troubleshooting of the company’s website does not take it out of use for long, so as not to cause users’ dissatisfaction.
The web project manager also provides for the availability of feedback option to ensure users’ opinions are received and integrated into the project.
Web Project Manager Job Description Example
Here are common duties, tasks, and responsibilities majorly contained in the job description of people who work as web project manager in most companies:
- Lead, develop, and implement web project
- Responsible for the completion of all Cooperation Management
- Work with the team to identify and solve communication challenges
- Work with the business department to ensure that plans for communication management are in alignment with the project plan
- Create, manage, troubleshoot, restore, put into action, and oversee websites
- Oversee the construction of company website
- Design the interface of the web project
- Coordinate with other professionals like the graphic designer to make the website model
- Create languages and codes useful for the development, troubleshooting, test running, and execution of the website
- Carry out Common Gateway Interface (CGI) for the website
- Convert and edit videos
- Make videos suitable and ready for the web project in the relevant format
- Responsible of training, developing, and mentoring technicians who are charged with the smooth running of the web project
- Routinely check codes of a web project to ensure that they are compatible with modern web browsers and are not out of date
- Double check on updates made by other members of the team to ensure that the codes run well
- Trail errors and ensures that they are fixed
- Make provisions for the new catalog and ensure they are updated on the website consistently
- Make research on applications and plugins useful to the website and get make them available
- Develop good relationship with stakeholders, vendors, structural team, and other IT team members
Web Project Manager Resume Preparation
To prepare a resume for seeking the job of manager for web project can be made easier by adopting content from the job description sample presented above.
The duties, tasks, and responsibilities listed in the work description above can be employed in completing the job history section of the resume, however, you must ensure to use only activities that match your actual experience working as a web project manager.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, Knowledge – for Web Project Manager Role
Here are skills, knowledge, abilities, and other qualities project managers involved with websites are usually expected to have by employers to be effective and efficient on the job:
- Degree in Web Design and/or other web related courses
- A good number of years of experience as a web project manager is an advantage
- Good knowledge of programming language like JAVA Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML), PHP, JOOMLA
- Good knowledge of easy content management integration
- Ability to design, develop, upgrade, and maintain web projects
- Good knowledge of search engine optimization and traffic generation strategies for websites
- Expertise in planning, working with time, and supervising projects
- Must be able to adapt to new and changing techniques
- Ability to perform analysis and evaluation of programs
- Expertise in presentation and the delivery of information to other members of the team
- Ability to train other members of the project management team