Walmart Inventory Control Specialist Job Description Example
What Does a Walmart Inventory Control Specialist Do?
Walmart inventory control specialist has the responsibility know the available stocks or merchandise within the Walmart store, and then store the information on the available items on the store’s computer.
The job description of a Walmart inventory control specialist entails making sure that items that have been sold out are immediately restocked and placed on shelves.
For a store like Walmart, inventory control specialists’ roles are not limited to restocking of out-of-stock items, their duties also include keeping proper record of movement of merchandise.
Accountability in the store largely depends on the inventory control specialist who keeps record of sales of items, and how merchandize are received from merchants; as well as keeping proper record in the store, including the date orders are made to the store bin for restocking of out-of-stock items.
The safety of merchandise in the store bin against destruction, as well as a report on making orders for merchandise that are out-of-stock in the store are important for the smooth running of the store. All these responsibilities lie within the competence of the inventory control specialist.
The work description of the Walmart inventory control specialist therefore involves getting and storing information on all merchandise in the store for use in ensuring the store is never out of stock of items customers buy often, thereby preventing customers from being disappointed coming to the store and not finding their favorite items to buy.
The tasks and responsibilities of the inventory control specialist also include unloading and offloading of merchandise from merchants’ receiving trucks into the store bin and from the store bin into the store when the items are being restocked.
It is also the duty of the inventory control specialist to ensure the security of items in the store bin.
It is expected of him/her to take safety measures and procedures for ensuring the security of products, and report problems to the appropriate department that can handle it when necessary.
He/she is expected to behave in an honest, lawful, and ethical manner in the course of his/her daily assignment.
The inventory control specialist is also expected to set and achieve high standard of performance; commit themselves to personally setting tasks goals and completing them timely and efficiently.
He/she should give leadership to other members of the department and make suggestions on how to improve the methods of stocking and safeguarding products.
Walmart Inventory Control Specialist Job Description Example
Here is an example of the kind of job description you will expect to work with as an inventory control specialist at Walmart, showing major duties, tasks, and responsibilities for the position:
- Responsible for offloading merchandise from delivery vans
- Position stock in a suitable location
- Responsible for keeping a correct inventory control
- Categorize products in bin by department
- Responsible for labeling merchandise
- Responsible for the daily scanning of merchandise
- Make the adjustment of inventory levels
- Execute all inventory programs of Walmart
- Retrieve products from inventory bins
- Use the handheld scanner to pinpoint items needed on the sales floor
- Responsible for monitoring any areas where merchandise decrease
- Monitor the potential risk to merchandise
- Report identified problems and in-store loss to management
- Take necessary security measures to safeguard security of merchandise and prevent loss
- Maintain safety standards for ensuring safeguard and cleanliness of the store
- Secure merchandise on display
- Ensure security of ladders
- Remove pallets that are empty
- Ensure merchandise are stabilized on risers, features, and on high walls
- Remove cardboards and trash from sales floor
- Keep floor neat, clean, and dry
- Communicate with customers on questions on merchandise and locations of merchandise on the sales floor
- Verify in-stock for customers on request
- Responsible for retrieval of items from storage
- Stock merchandise accurately on the shelf, racks, bin, and cases
- Ensure regular restocking of merchandise
- Provide assistance regarding product prices and availability
- Ensure accurate and efficient stocking of merchandise in all departments
- Responsible for setting up products display
- Pull merchandise from the riser.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – for Walmart Inventory Control Specialist Role
Here are important skills, and other qualities employers likely look out for from applicants when hiring for the position of inventory control specialist at Walmart:
- A reliable and dependable character
- Ability to complete task in a timely manner
- Arithmetical competence
- Ability to interact with customers and maintain Walmart culture
- Ability to speak with, listen to, and give directions
- Prowess in adapting to various parts of the work environment
- Good experience in merchandise safeguarding techniques
- Good written and oral communication skills; and human relation skills
- Expertise in working to instruction
- Expertise in display of products in accordance with Walmart procedures
- Pre-employment tests: To finalize your hiring for this position at Walmart, you may be expected to take certain tests. Find out job assessment tests that you will likely take and learn how to make great scores in them.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.