Walmart Assistant Store Manager Job Description Example
What Does a Walmart Assistant Store Manager Do?
At Walmart, the assistant store manager is one who alongside the manager provides the necessary administration and supervision for the day-to-day running of the store business.
The job description of the assistant store manager at Walmart entails working in partnership with the manager and acting in his/her position for the smooth running of the store when he/she is not physically present at the store.
A good human relation skills and the ability to work cordially with people is expected of the assistant manager so as to enable him get along well with other members of the Walmart team.
Organizations need assistance store managers for many reasons; the need for detailed administration of the store, preparation of the goals and objectives of the store, and provision of general supervision that enhance the smooth operation of the store are some of the important reasons Walmart employ assistant managers for their stores.
Assistant store managers are expected to be part of the administrative team charged with the responsibility of goal setting for the store.
The work description of the assistant manager at Walmart includes supervising the store and providing oversight functions on which the drive for excellence in sales is achieved.
He/she, alongside the store manager, is also responsible for carrying out scheduling, planning, and merchandising duties.
He/she is also sometimes charged with the role of handling customer service issues; many of which are of sensitive nature to the customers’ satisfactions. Generally, this role is important to the growth of the Walmart store.
The responsibility for the development of human resources falls within the administrative jurisdiction of the store, which the manager can delegate to his/her assistant.
Such hr tasks include recruiting and interviewing of staff, and coaching and training of hired staff for improvement.
Other hr duties they perform include ensuring discipline among staff, evaluation of staff performance, and the determination of staff needs.
They also carry out processing of payroll forms and records, preparation of leave absence forms, and training on benefits and accepted ways of processing sales documents.
Walmart Assistant Store Manager Job Description Example
At Walmart, the assistant store manager performs various duties, tasks, and responsibilities in support of the manager for efficient store operation.
Shown below is an example of the job description individuals looking to work at Walmart as assistant store manager should expect to have:
- Responsible for the supervision of the store
- Handle issues of customer service
- Responsible for human resources development
- Recruit and discipline staff
- Conduct staff interviews and coaching
- Evaluate the performance of staff
- Coordinate training and development of staff special strength
- Motivate sales personnel in the store
- Determine the need of staff
- Process payroll forms and records
- Prepare the form for leave of absence
- Handle cash management duties
- Contribute to the goals and sales target of the store
- Prepare deposit loans along with other administrative staff
- Ensure proper storage of merchandise
- Ensure proper arrangement of the store in a neatly way
- Ensure the security of the store and proper processing of money
- Track daily cash report
- Ensure improvement in the financial performance of assigned area
- Ensure that the regulatory procedures and company policies are complied with
- Provide guidance and direction to other staff
- Model customer service approaches
- Ensure that customers complaints, needs, and issues are resolved within the provided guidelines and standards of Walmart
- Offer supervision to staff on assigned tasks
- Ensure that the store is well stocked at all times
- Work in relationship with customer staff in charge of shelf to provide map for easy location of products
- Ensure good relationship with merchants to achieve price actions
- Understand seasons and ensure products on demand in the season are well in stock and well positioned.
Requirements – Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge – for Walmart Assistant Store Manager Role
To succeed as an assistant store manager at Walmart, you will need to develop the following skills and qualities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any qualification equivalent to it
- Experience in supervising and facilitating sales
- Ability to manage performance
- Expertise in the training, mentoring, recruiting, and firing of erring staff
- Experience in marketing
- Ability to gather consumer’s insight and market trend and make useful suggestions for business
- Good communication and human relations skills
- Experience in means of ensuring the security of the store
- Good customer service expertise
- Ability to create and innovate new sales and promotion strategies
- Prowess in setting goals and meeting them
- Ability to ensure a “win-win” business plan for both Walmart and customers
- Ability to provide business plan and ensure the smooth execution of the plan
- Pre-employment tests: To be hired for this position, you may be expected to take certain tests that assess your suitability for the position. Learn about job assessment tests you may likely take for this job and how to make top scores.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.