Technical Account Manager Job Description Example, Duties, and Responsibilities
Technical account managers are the people responsible for managing all the technical aspects of a company’s relationship with its clients.
Their job description involves them working closely with the business and sales account management team in order to win new business and increase sales.
Whilst providing top-quality technical service, technical account managers assist in strengthening customer relationships and ensuring customer satisfaction.
They play an integral role in getting new clients and winning sales. They analyze prospects’ technical and business requirements, as well as developing solutions that meet those needs.
Sometimes, they may work with the product development teams in order to customize products for large sales or for individual customers.
They might also demonstrate products to customers and explain how such product meets customers’ needs.
Whenever customers agree to purchase a product, the manager would identify and provide the support and services such customers will need so as to make productive and effective use of the products.
They employ project management skills to put together installation programs that would minimize disruption for customers. They also arrange training for customers for effective use of products.
In the same vein, the account manager would need to monitor the progress of product installations so as to ensure that they are successful.
They are responsible for managing ongoing support to customers in order to confirm that the customers continue to make effective use of the company’s products.
They monitor support requests made by customers to identify any recurring issues and recommend changes to products.
Technical account managers hold regular review meetings with customers for discussions on any problems and issues and report to other members of the account team.
They analyze customers’ support needs and identify areas where the company can reduce support costs and offer improved service.
By monitoring associated support needs and product performance, these managers identify opportunities to modify or upgrade products so that they effectively meet customers’ needs.
They report to the development team on product performance and advise customers on upgrades or new products that may be suitable for their business.
Technical Account Manager Job Description Example
Below is an example of the kind of job description technical account managers usually execute. It is a list of tasks, duties, and responsibilities holders of the position are majorly expected to perform on the job.
For the fact that firms have different processes and needs, technical account managers working for different firms may not necessary perform exactly the same tasks, there will sure be some variations in their job descriptions.
- Provide business, technical, and product knowledge in support of post sales activities in order to ensure customer satisfaction
- Address product related questions and technical challenges
- Integrate customer internal applications and systems with Turn Data Management Platform, employing various methods, such as Server to Server, Pixel based API, and Batch
- Educate clients on how existing and new product features and functionality work, and how it can contribute to their business growth
- Monitor accounts to ensure usage of Turn product stack and optimal performance
- Frequently conduct and coordinate tactical operations reviews with client teams
- Act as the middle-man to support organization so as to ensure client escalations are resolved in due time
- Partner with Account Sales Development teams to build relationships with decision makers, business contacts, and influencers
- Accurately replicate, identify, and document software defects with appropriate tracking system
- Perform quarterly Business reviews and assist in product trainings needed
Making a resume for technical account manager position: The job description sample given above can be used, with some modification, in writing the work experience section of a resume for the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements for the Technical Account Manager Position
Below is a list of knowledge, skills, and requirements, which technical account managers should possess to excel on the job.
- BS or MS in Computer Science Economics, Business Administration or any quantitative and analytical discipline
- More than three years’ experience in a technical account management role
- Advanced knowledge of behavioral targeting and display advertising exchanges
- Ability to match client’s business requirements with product capabilities
- Ability to make right decisions based on strong analytical reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build positive relationships with other team members
- Strong ability to organize work schedule and time to ensure deadlines are always met
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.