Target Cashier Job Description Example
What Does a Target Cashier Do?
A Target cashier is charged with the responsibilities of operating cash register and handling customer care issues.
His/her job description entails welcoming customers, ringing up purchases, and seeing to refunds and returns.
His/her roles also involve offering answers to questions relating to products, services, and merchandise.
The cashier ensures that the balancing of receipts and other documents are given proper monitoring; he/she keeps track on payment made, credit sales, and unsettled payment.
Hiring a cashier at Target is important to its management due to the very important tasks they perform, which include receiving payment, proving advice to customers on products, thereby enhancing customer’s convenience.
The need for a staff who welcomes customers, offers insight into product details, and process payment of the customer is very important to the survival of the business.
The Target cashier is therefore expected to be someone with good human relations skills, good written and oral communication skills, as well as being someone who portray positive demeanor all the time.
The work description of a Target cashier also includes the operations of cash register, handling of customer service duties, and processing of products purchased.
It also involves payments, refunds, and returns to customers.
The cashier is also expected to explain products details to store customers, offer answers to questions relating to products, services, and merchandise.
Other duties a cashier at Target would be expected to perform include offering assistance with sales and stocking the shelves.
In summation of their duties and responsibilities, a cashier in Target is primarily responsible for making the customers have a good shopping experience.
The individual aspiring to work as a cashier at Target stores must be someone of a friendly nature evident in the ability to get along well with others.
It is also expected of the ideal candidate to have a positive approach to life and be a good dresser; always in a neat dress.
The ideal candidate for this position must have basic knowledge in calculations, skills in product description, and the ability to operate basic technologies and devices for performing calculations.
Target Cashier Job Description Example
If you are thinking of working at Target as a cashier, the following job description example will show you the major duties, tasks, and responsibilities you will be expected to carry out daily:
- Offer speedy, friendly, and exciting checkout service
- Handle customers questions and complaint in a friendly and positive manner
- Greet and welcome customers warmly
- Responsible for all payment processing
- Handle credit transactions
- Reconcile and balance account
- Make deposit to the bank when due
- Handle some elementary clerical duties when charged with the responsibility
- Offer counsel to customers on products
- Ensure the cleanliness of the store at all times and ensure that products are well stocked
- Ensure the safety of Target floor by following safety procedures
- Maintain good appearance of the environment of Target
- Ensure attractive display and stocking of items in their respective categories
- Offer bagging and groceries assistance to customers
- Report suspicious activities around Target to the appropriate authorities
- Adhere strictly to regulations and guidelines of Target
- Be well informed of security regulations update
- Be knowledgeable about all store products based on arrival, arrangement, use, season, and demand
- Handle the training of new cashiers where there are need for more
- Attend to documents and payment discrepancies
- Help customers with locating products of their choice in Target.
Target Cashier Resume Preparation
Are you seeking a job with Target as a cashier and need to present a resume to the company? If you are and are looking for materials to prepare your resume, then the sample job description presented above will be of use to you.
You can apply it in writing the work history part of the resume where you need to state the tasks, duties, and responsibilities you have carried out previously or currently working as a cashier at a Target store.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – for Target Cashier Role
To stand a chance with hiring managers for the role of cashier at Target, you need to have the following skills, abilities, and knowledge, which are vital qualities the managers normally look out for in applicants:
- A friendly and approachable attitude
- Ability to offer assistance in a positive demeanor to customers and other staff
- Ability to meet the needs of customers
- Ability to solve service issues
- Ability to get along well with other customers
- Ability to dress in a neat and modest way
- A good work habit
- Ability to keep a clean work environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to offer outstanding customer service skills
- Expertise in money handling; refunds and exchanges
- Skills in the use of modern technologies
- Ability to explain products information and use to customers
- Good experience in multi tasking and working under pressure
- Ability to work in other department of the store when needed
- Ability to scan and package items speedily
- Honesty and integrity in dealing with people and money
- Good work ethics
- Must be inspired by special interest in the Target operations
- Possess problem solving drive
- Value oriented, growth loving, and development driven
- Ability to train other cashiers when needed
- Ability to work in other sessions of Target when needed
- Expertise in performing simple calculations and logics
- Ability to adapt to different working conditions
- Interest and enthusiasm in the store and products in the store
- Ability to maintain a clean and attractive work environment.
Target Cashier Skills for Resume: Notice that the above Target cashier skills and qualities can also be used in writing the skills section of a resume for the post.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.