Store Person Resume Writing Tips and Example
To be considered for employment as a store person, you need a good resume written in keeping with the demands of the hirer.
This means that it is necessary to create a resume that would appeal to the hiring manager.
To do this, the first step to take is to understand the expectations of the hiring manager and create your store person resume to match such expectations.
Then, you proceed by choosing a resume design that will grab the attention of the reader.
Again, in creating the content of the resume, it is important to use key words that are related to the job description and make each point outstanding by using bullet points.
Make sure your resume is sub-divided into sections, with each sub-section clearly highlighted to make it easily accessible to the reader.
Lastly, make sure you proofread your resume to eradicate any little error and make sure you keep your store person resume simple and short.
Now, let us have a look at how to create the various sections of a store person resume:
Often than not, this is the part of your resume that wins you a job interview. Most hirers make the decision to call up an applicant for interview or not depending on the content of your objective section.
If your resume’s objective statement is convincing enough, the hiring manager may not have to go on with reading the entire resume before scheduling an interview with you.
Even a hirer who may want to go through the entire resume would depend on this to decide whether to continue or to stop.
So, a well written objective section can be your passport to an interview where you stand a better chance of convincing the hirer of your capacity to deliver as a store person.
Mind you, it is always better to make your resume objective targeted.
See samples of store person objective statement below:
Examples of Store Person Objective Statement for Resume
- Seeking a position as a store person with Jess Inc., utilizing expertise in the operation of forklift and pallet jack, strong physique, and vast experience in store keeping and warehousing.
- To obtain a position as a store person at Hilfigerz Stores where dexterity and ability to load, unload and store merchandize will be utilized.
Core Competence Section
In this section, the hirer will be expecting to see the skills and qualities that qualify you to work as a store person.
So, it is necessary that you highlight your skills, personal qualities and experiences which you know will be necessary in performing the job of a store person.
However, it is important that you do not leave out the skills highlighted in the job description that was published in the advert for the position.
Job Experience Section
Many companies hire store persons with little or no experience in store keeping since their activities are usually controlled by a manager.
However, if you have worked as a store or warehouse keeper, do not fail to include your experience in your resume.
Educational Qualification Section
Companies usually hire store keepers with minimum of high school diploma. So, do not fail to include your academic qualification, including qualification beyond high school certificate.
At this point, we will see how to create a complete resume for the store person job by utilizing the above tips in putting together the various parts of the resume.
The resume example for the post of a store person below can serve as a template to help you come up with a great resume anytime you need to send one to an employer.
Store Person Resume Example/Sample/Template
10 West Street, Springfield, Illinois
Home: (+2)555-661, Cell: (+2)555-6661
Objective: Seeking a position as a store person with Jess Inc., utilizing expertise in the operation of forklift and pallet jack, strong physique, and vast experience in store keeping and warehousing.
- Vast experience working in stores and warehouses as a store person
- Dexterous and strong physique
- Strong ability to operate forklifts and pallets jacks
- Strong knowledge of store keeping operations and store/warehousing layout
- Well versed in stock taking and data entry.
Senior Store Person
2012 – Present
- Receive and store incoming merchandize
- Prepare orders for delivery and assist in loading of merchandize into trucks
- Ensure that inbound merchandize correspond with description on the invoice
- Ensure that the store is clean and free from objects or materials that can affect goods
- Keep accurate record of all inbound and outbound merchandize
- Take inventory and ensure stock levels are maintained
- Use and maintain store equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Springfield High School, High School Diploma, 2011.
If you are in need of a store person job, you will need to pay attention to your resume if you want to stand a better chance of being invited to an interview.
Having a good resume is key to job hunting success, so make sure to use the tips and example given in this post to develop yourself in the field of resume writing.
Did you find our store person resume writing guide valuable? Let’s know what you think about this post, please make a comment in the box below.
You will also like: