Senior Payroll Operations Analyst Job Description Sample
The job description for the individual occupying the position of senior payroll operations analyst usually entails organizing activities and processing operations concerning payroll.
This professional therefore must have sufficient knowledge of payroll to be able to train the less experienced members of the team.
He/she will offer guidance on process area methods, and will assemble, verify and handle data input and other transactions.
His/her role will also involve working on a full range of payroll activities precisely in the aspect of heading the timely and accurate processing of all payroll related operations, including local, state, and federal regulations, as well as internal and finance guidelines for the company and for the payroll team.
The individual will work together and ensure effective communication with counterparts and other units to ensure that company prospects are fulfilled.
He/she will be responsible for performing analysis of data and harmonization, as well as providing assistance and carrying out time capture duties for payroll in a team leadership position.
He/she will carry out in-depth investigation and analysis to determine the root cause of each problem in order to earmark gaps in already existing solutions and support the development of fresh measures.
He/she will assist team members in finding solution to intricate matters.
The payroll operations analyst in the senior position will also entail capturing structured data in sequential work order for each matter so as to offer statistical analysis and audit trails.
He/she will also work on supplementary analysis and specialized projects associated with payroll. And will look for opportunities to minimize volume and enhance precision of team members.
This will involve offering support and assistance on escalated matters and supervise resolution by executing modifications.
Sample Job Description, Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities for the Senior Payroll Operations Analyst Position
Below is a sample job description most employers would usually hand to their newly hired senior payroll operations analysts to execute.
- Input transactions into the service request management device
- Reacquire, evaluate, and index forwarded forms and documents
- Offer acceptable customer service by analyzing, retrieving, resolving, and researching matters
- Connect with teams to record, resolve, and research on compromising errors and issues
- Work on cyclical processing and end-of-the period activities
- Enhance and update transaction procedures and materials used in training as necessary
- Manage the organization’s vision in looking into how responsibilities can be worked into strategies
- Organize suitable level of functional, and technical processes, as well as training programs
- Offer mentoring, support, and training for other members of the team as necessary
Resume Preparation for the Post of Senior Payroll Operations Analyst
In writing a resume for the post, the duties, tasks and responsibilities contained in the above job description example can serve as a good source of information in preparing the professional experience section of the resume.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position of Senior Payroll Operations Analyst
The following skills, education and dexterity will empower a payroll operations analyst at the senior level in discharging his/her duties effectively.
Most employers and hiring managers would usually consider these qualities in picking someone for the position.
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable about administration of payroll processes
- Must possess the ability to prepare requests in agreement with conventional supervision and function with, instruct and train other members of the team
- Advanced understanding of utilizing payroll database software
- A first or associate degree with affiliated experience in Business or related courses
- Outstanding ability to comprehend the organization’s finance procedures and policies
- Commendable familiarity with performance objectives and display mastery in meeting earmarked targets.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.