Senior Customer Service Executive Job Description Example
What Does a Senior Customer Service Executive Do?
A senior customer service executive as the name implies is a senior member of the customer service train.
He/she is responsible for providing customer support on any issues within the organization – this could be by telephone, internet, or a face to face support.
They can also be referred to as the basic point of contact a customer makes with the organization and every firm depends on their expertise in variety of tasks, like project management and consulting.
The senior customer service executive’s job description entails ensuring the processing of orders, preparation of correspondence, and fulfillment of customer needs to ensure that the customer leaves satisfied.
More than any other staff of the organization, the individual performing this role is expected to be familiar and knowledgeable about the products and services offered by the company, and their benefits. This is because they will always have to give this information to countless number of customers on a daily basis.
He or she usually reports to the manager of the organization and is responsible for performing a variety of duties which can be termed complicated for the regular customer service staff.
He or she oversees the answering of phone calls from customers, whether it is for taking orders, resolving complaints, answering queries and providing information.
When a regular customer service personnel cannot handle or resolve any particular customer grievance, those cases are transferred to the senior executive for a more specialized approach.
It is in their role to see to it that every customer or client that steps into the organization is attended to in the most professional and polite way possible.
As a senior customer service executive, you are to use whatever means possible, together with the highest possible standards to ensure a maximum satisfaction of customers.
There are several competencies and levels of proficiency that are always associated with this position; these competencies are meant to enhance the person holding the position in major role, which is customer support function.
The support can be by telephone, through the internet using the various available social media and/or through physical interaction.
Senior Customer Service Executive Job Description Example
The person aspiring to work as senior customer service executive should expect to perform the responsibilities, duties, and tasks given in the following job description example:
- Ensure that the company’s customer database is properly entered and kept in a way that whenever any information is needed in the future, it can be easily accessed
- Ensure customer care service standard of the company is strictly adhered to by every customer service personnel
- Participate in recruiting and training of fresh customer service employees
- Respond to inquiries and queries from customers and provide a thorough and speedy resolve
- Handle complicated and unresolved issues from less experienced personnel
- Deliver appropriate and relevant information, and when not in the position to, refers customer(s) to appropriate department
- Supervise the activities of lesser customer service representatives in the accomplishment of customer care goals
- Develop strategies and plans for customer support
- Participate in implementation or improvement of initiatives associated with customer service
- Establish standards for best customer support practices
- Offers advice on the incorporation of technology in current and planned customer support strategies of the organization
- Investigate and respond to every inquiry and complaints from customer regarding company’s product and possibly its shipment
- Manage a train of customer service personnel
- Prepare correspondence and processes orders
- Ensure satisfaction of customer needs to the best possible way
Senior Customer Service Executive Resume Preparation
To prepare a resume when one is required for seeking the job of senior customer service executive, the sample job description provides above contains information about the functions and responsibilities of the position which can be applied in completing the work experience part of the resume.
You will however need to modify the content of the job description to reflect your true experience on the job in order not to mislead the employer.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for the Senior Customer Service Executive Job
To be considered for a role such as the senior customer service executive, there are certain skills and competencies, and requirements you must meet, some of which are:
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree and/or at least 3-5 years of experience in the said field or in any related area
- Familiarity with various practices, concepts, and procedures of the field gives you an added advantage
- High level/degree of creativity
- A good experience in sales activities
- A past experience in similar position or similar organization
- A fair knowledge about the use of computers
- Excellent customer skills
- Effective communication skills
- Effective management skills
- Ability to thrive effectively under pressure
- Self – motivated individual with the ability to multitask
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good problem solving and people skills
- Result oriented and driven
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.