Sales Coordinator Job Description, Duties, and Responsibilities
What Does a Sales Coordinator Do?
Sales coordinators, often referred to as sales managers are persons that have been given the responsibility to ensure effective coordination of an organization’s sales activities, including the organization’s sales strategies, sales representatives, and advertising strategies in order to meet the needs of customers.
The job description of a sales coordinator entails appointing sales representatives and providing the right training to members of his/her team on the goals and strategies of his/her organization in relation to sales.
Coordinators of sales are further required to liaise with customers to understand their needs. He/she is also expected to ensure that orders from customers are met timely and accurately.
He/she is detailed to evaluate the performance of sales representatives. He/she is also expected to liaise with the advertising departments to ensure that advertising strategies are effective. He/she maintains an inventory of sales materials.
The coordinator’s role also involves attending to queries and inquiries that may be raised by potential customers.
His/her work description also entails carrying out follow up on potential customers. He/she prepares reports on sales based on the product line, customers, and sales representatives. He/she creates a deadline for sales representatives.
The sales coordinator works with the technical department to answer to any inquiry that may be made by sales representatives and/or customers.
He/she ensures that the customer is satisfied with the product and/or service being offered and the way such product and/or service are offered.
He/she ensures that data generated by the sales department are accurately prepared and uploaded to their organization’s network. He/she also has the responsibility of firing incompetent sales representatives.
Also, sales coordinators conduct regular meetings with sales representatives to review progress of the sales department and to chart a new path for the organization.
Sales Coordinator Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Sales coordinators perform various functions in achieving their companies’ sales goals.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities shown below represent the typical job description assigned to individuals who work as coordinators of sales in most companies:
- Ensuring that sales activities are carried out ethically and in accordance with legal requirements
- Creating and/or vetting advertising strategies
- Ensuring strict compliance with budget
- Recommending appropriate sales strategy for the organization’s products
- Serving as the chief negotiating officer for the sales department
- Developing and implementing ideas that will help the organization to meet sales’ goals
- Ensuring sales department meets set goals
- Providing after-sales services to customers
- Informing customers of unexpected delays in meeting their need
- Ensuring sales representatives are fully equipped with sales-support materials like brochures
- Ensuring contracts with customers are signed by designated officers
- Ensuring customers meet up their financial obligations to their organization
- Assisting in the organization and preparation of promotional materials and/or events.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for the Sales Coordinator Role
If you are applying to work as a sales coordinator, here are common requirements you might be expected to meet to be invited to an interview by the majority of employers:
- A Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, or in any other related field
- Excellent customer service skills to ensure customers get awesome experience from company product
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and verbal
- Strong leadership experience to be able to work effectively with a team
- Good knowledge of the workings of the industry
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Previous work experience as a sales coordinator
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate cordially with team members, customers, colleagues, management, etc.
- Strong ability to pay attention to details and strive for excellent on work delivery
- Ability to apply Microsoft Office packages, e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, effectively
- Excellent understanding of advertising strategies
- Ability to be flexible in decision making taking into consideration the prevailing circumstances
- Strong problem solving ability to be able to provide solutions to challenging situations
- Knowledge of basic financial principles
- Good managerial skills and ability to manage both human resources and equipment effectively
- Proven skill in Customer Relationship Management software.
This post, including the sample sales coordinator job description provides human resources managers and recruiters the knowledge they need of the duties and responsibilities of sales coordinators to be able to create a perfect description of the role in their company.
With a comprehensive description of the available sales coordinator job, recruiters will stand a better chance of attracting the most competent and qualified candidates for the position to their companies.
Also, individuals interested in the sales career and would like to work as a sales coordinator someday will love this post, as it unveils what the role is about.
Did this article help improve your knowledge of what sales coordinators do? Please, leave a comment in the box below. And if you work as a coordinator of sales in your firm, do also share your job description.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.