Sales Account Executive Job Description Example
A sales account executive is an expert who builds and executes marketing campaigns and promotions to increase sales of products and services in his/her company.
This individual’s major focus is to find ways of boosting his/her company’s overall sales and revenue profile.
The job description of the sales account executive entails increasing the clientele of his/her company by winning new business deals, and providing existing clients with exciting services and products to keep them patronizing the company.
He/she makes it a priority to build and maintain good and beneficial relationships with the company’s clients.
The sales account executive’s role also includes developing strategies to provide additional incentives to his/her company’s clients to keep their loyalty.
Some of the strategies they come up with include a variety of innovative sales promotions, which are captivating and rewarding to consumers.
They are expected to be fully involved in promotional campaigns from the scratch, as well as in monitoring the campaign process.
They will provide professional advice when necessary to ensure the success of the campaign.
To put his/her company’s products ahead of other similar brands in the market place, the sales account executive will use his/her expertise to carry out market intelligence and survey on the brands.
He/she will also investigate competitors’ marketing techniques to determine their strongest and weakest points that his/her company can work on to top sales charts.
As a marketing executive, he/she is expected to meet marketing quotas set by the organization by promoting specific products and services to a given number of clients that can be adequately managed to yield good results.
The account executive is also responsible for coordinating other members of the sales team.
He/she will delegate tasks to them and monitor their performance to ensure they participate fully in the team’s projects.
He/she must work hard to meet deadlines for marketing campaigns. And to do this, he/she will ensure that all hands are on deck in executing projects.
The work of the account executive in charge of sales also involves the individual communicating his/her ideas for a campaign to the management team in an easy to understand manner, as well as giving his/her team members a clear direction of where the campaign is heading, in order for them to maintain his/her vision for the project.
He/she uses several strategies, such as freebies and competitions to attract consumers’ attention to the products and services he/she is promoting.
Sales Account Executive Job Description Example
A job description for the position of account executive for sales is provided below.
The given example provides important duties, tasks, and responsibilities holders of this position are usually required to perform in most companies.
- Attend meeting with clients and manufacturers to inquire about products and services
- Conduct research on clients’ needs and provide goods that meet such needs; these goods will have a brighter chance of selling highly
- Carryout market research to identify goods and services in demand
- Create and develop fresh ideas for marketing campaigns
- Create marketing plans for the introduction of new products and services to consumers
- Identify best ways to reach clients and get favorable responses from them
- Brief sales team members of new marketing strategies, and make adequate preparation for their execution
- Write detailed promotional marketing plans
- Analyze cost of sales promotions and work with budget to save cost
- Ensure that individual aspects of a campaign function properly as this could affect the overall marketing campaign
- Monitor stages of campaigns and determine their end results from ongoing performances.
Sales Account Executive Resume
The professional experience section of the sales account executive resume can be produced using the information from the job description sample above.
The professional experience section is the part of the resume that employers look at to see if an applicant is competent for the job or not.
This is because it shows the duties and responsibilities you have done before or are currently doing as a sales account executive.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for the Post of Sales Account Executive
An applicant vying for the job of the sales account executive will be expected to possess the following attributes by most employers:
- Strong experience in sales and marketing
- Ability to think creatively and be able to generate effective sales ideas and strategies
- Strong ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Exceptional ability to persuade people to make purchasing decision
- Ability to sense good business deals and seal them.