Retail Salesperson Resume Sample
Some of the important duties expected of a salesperson in a retail store include greeting customers with a friendly disposition, inquiring from them what their needs are and swiftly fulfilling them.
The salesperson should have great customer service skills and be able to quickly develop good relationship with customers so that they could best meet the needs of customers and make their store the first choice in the minds of the public.
As a sales man or woman looking for new employment, your resume would be stronger if you emphasized the important qualities which have been mentioned above, which most retail stores require of the salesperson.
To be able to write a good resume for the position, you can use the sample copy below as a guide. It is an example of the kind of resume that can win you an interview appointment.
By filling its different sections with your true information, you will no doubt be able to produce a great resume to present for the job.
Retail Salesperson Resume Sample/Example/Template
123 Down Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 33333 • Home: (222) 333-4444, Cell: (111) 111-1111 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: Seeking the position of Retail Salesperson in a growing firm, where I can connect with my vision and passion for giving customers great shopping experience, and to make a tremendous impact that will add to my experience.
Energetic and highly motivated salesperson with extensive sales experience in retail environments; efficient client management skill acquired from handling clients on different working levels; and swift in absorbing profitable knowledge and strategy when working in advance and challenging situation.
- Great ability and strength to withstand rush hour pressure while standing on the feet for long hours, especially on Christmas seasons.
- Thorough applicable knowledge of the Customer Guarantees Act whenever on duty.
- In-depth knowledge of products types, composition, functions and producers that help to tailor products to customers’ needs.
- Very attentive to customers inquiries by utilizing excellent listening and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of IT operations used in computing sensitive data, like total purchases, sales prices, transactions containing payment received, cash process and credit payment while using the computer.
- Ability to save detrimental situation that can cause problems with customer’s demands by utilizing in-depth product and sales policy knowledge to address their challenging needs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks such as counting money, opening and closing of registers, balancing cash drawers, making deposits and separating charge slips while on duty.
- Strong accuracy when processing payments done through checks, cash, credit and debit cards.
XYZ Retail Store Inc, Henry Land, RT
2008 – Present
- Warmly greet, assist, help, and guide customers on their purchase activities applying customer service skills.
- Daily update the documents that contain record on customers’ profile.
- Build customer’s confidence by assisting in selecting products that will profit them immensely, and also making professional suggestions that always guide them.
- Meet up with challenging task that has to do with maintaining policies regarding payment and exchange, sales and promotion, and security practices.
- Responsible for assisting customers with their inquiries and demands relying on in-depth knowledge of products that helps in describing, explaining uses, operation and proper way of handling merchandise.
- Fill in for the role of Acting Store Manager when the manager is away or has to go on emergency leave.
- Ensure that client is constantly updated with information relating to upcoming products of latent interest and favorable customer sales.
- Lend ushering services to customers by escorting them to counters and racks that hold product of their choice.
- Ensure that team effort is constantly boosted up by utilizing team building initiative.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
High School Diploma, Wellington High, MKL, 2008.
You will also like:
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.