Registered Nurse Resume Example
Registered Nurse positions are usually available, and with a good resume, you shouldn’t find it difficult to nail one.
Your resume is a tool to sell yourself, so take advantage of it and make it really powerful. Make sure to emphasize your experience.
The experience you have gathered over the years working as registered nurse is very important to employers, especially if you have worked for big or well known organizations.
The experience you are bringing into working for your new employer is important to them, so let them see it clearly.
Here is an example of a registered nurse resume you can use in writing yours.
Registered Nurse Resume Example/Sample/Template
123 Down Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 33333 • Home: (222) 333-4444, Cell: (111) 111-1111 • email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: Seeking the position of Registered Nurse in a challenging healthcare center where my profound expertise in nursing functions, including carrying out complete health and psychosocial assessment on patients, monitoring their health condition, and training fresh nursing graduates and other healthcare staff, will be utilized.
Highly gifted registered nurse with exceptional ability to provide professional nursing service following standard nursing procedures, including evaluating patients’ health condition, diagnosing, identifying the problems, and carrying out planning and implementation of the required care on the patient.
Also possess high level competence in managing charge responsibility of nursing units and provision of care to all residents of the unit.
- Two years working experience in clinical setting
- Strong knowledge of Medicaid guidelines
- Strong experience and working knowledge of home healthcare
- Sound knowledge of the techniques and principles of professional nursing practice
- Strong knowledge of nursing terminology and documentation
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to manage time efficiently
- Strong ability to work harmoniously in a team and supervise several priorities
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with patients, residents, and colleagues in written and spoken English
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to use a personal computer or CRT to send and receive patient’s information
- Strong knowledge of the MDS and Care Plan Development.
HoneyField Rehab, ATL
2012 – Present
- Responsible for giving professional nursing care service to a group of patients or residents
- Supervise charge responsibility of nursing unit to ensure that the interdisciplinary care plan is implemented, and to provide care to all patients on the unit
- Perform continuous and systematic valuation, applying nursing technique to create a complete interdisciplinary plan that is goal directed
- Communicate and work harmoniously with all members of the interdisciplinary team, including patients, colleagues, and families to make sure appropriate treatment is given according to the age, abilities, and needs of patient/resident and the unit
- Perform timely and accurate documentation of relevant information as mandated by the clinic policy, regulation, and process
- Supervise a group of certified nurse assistants and licensed practical nurses, making sure they follow the plan of care, clinic’s policies and processes, and the profile of residents
- Attend educational events, inservices, workshops, and conferences, as well as all compulsory programs, and make use of current industry journals to improve on professional knowledge and skills
- Carry out other tasks that may be required.
Clayton Hospital, ATL
2011 – 2012
- Supervised complete care by carrying out detailed health and psychosocial assessment, as well as observing clients’ state
- Promoted good disease preventive practices, and coordinated nursing training programs
- Performed periodic review of the impact of nursing service to patients and families
- Performed admission, re-certification, transfer, discharge for the home care patient, and resumption of care
- Consulted with the attending physician concerning changes in Patient Care Plans, and checked with the supervisor in charge before making needed changes
- Supervised patient services
- Submitted clinical notes, progress notes, and other clinical record forms every week detailing the service provided as expressed
- Tendered a tally of patient care visits recorded each day
- Participated in case conferences, and discussed patients’ problems with the supervisor and arrive on the best ways to solve them
- Discussed with relevant supervisor the need to invite other healthcare practitioners like the paraprofessional
- Responsible for obtaining orders for paraprofessional services and making a referral to the right personnel
- Involved in planning patient’s discharge
- Collaborated with other agencies offering nursing services or similar services to ensure continuity of care and to carry out a total care plan
- Involved in staff development meetings and programs.
EDUCATION AND ONGOING PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Atlanta
- Bachelor’s degree, Nursing, University of Atlanta, 2010.
You will also like: