Real Estate Sales Executive Job Description Example
What Does a Real Estate Sales Executive Do?
Real estate sales executives generally oversee various activities that lead up to the purchase and sales of properties.
Usually, they work for real estate agencies where their job description entails brokering property deals between sellers and buyers.
In performing their duties, real estate sales executives oversee the promotion of property sales on advertisement media and listing services.
They meet with clients and prospects interested in properties to offer them real estate deals.
As part of their duties, they communicate with clients to identify their requirements and choice of property.
Real estate sales executives oversee the preparation and approval of documents such as purchase agreements and lease contracts.
Their role also includes coordinating the closing of property deals to ensure vital documents are signed and payment received.
Usually, they facilitate arrangements to give buyers the view of a property before concluding a sales deal.
They are also in charge of the inspection of a property to ensure the terms and conditions of sales are met before closing sales.
Real estate sales executives act as intermediaries liaising between property sellers and prospective buyers to broker property deals.
They provide periodic reports to company management on sales operations and generated returns using CRM systems.
Their work description also involves conducting surveys to identify price of competing properties on the housing market.
As part of their duties, real estate sales executives proffer recommendations to buyers and usually refer them to property consultants who provide legal or mortgage services.
They maintain contact with clients in order to discuss future business opportunities. They also ensure compliance with housing laws and policies when conducting property deals.
In fulfilling their role, real estate sales executives develop and implement strategies effective for achieving set targets.
They monitor the property market to identify clients looking to purchase or sell a property and convince them to secure a brokering deal.
They also participate in seminars, conferences, and events to improve on existing job knowledge and expand personal network.
Individuals interested in the real estate sales executive job need to complete a Bachelor’s degree program in business management, marketing, economics, or other related field.
To succeed on this job requires qualities such as negotiation, communication, and organizational skills.
Real Estate Sales Executive Job Description Example/Template
Anyone aspiring to work as real estate sales executive should expect to be handed a job description like the example below, consisting of the typical duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the role:
- Oversee the promotion of property sales on advertisement media and listing services
- Meet with prospects and clients interested in properties to offer them real estate deals
- Communicate with clients to identify their requirements and choice of property
- Oversee the preparation and approval of documents such as purchase agreements, and lease contracts
- Coordinate the closing of property deals to ensure vital documents are signed and payment received
- Oversee arrangements to give prospective buyers the view of a property before closing deals
- Act as intermediaries liaising between property sellers and prospective buyers to facilitate property deals
- Conduct the inspection of a property to ensure the terms and conditions of sales are met before closing sales deals
- Provide periodic reports to company management on sales operations and generated returns using CRM systems
- Conduct surveys to identify price of competing properties on the housing market
- Proffer recommendations to buyers and refer them to property consultants who provide legal and mortgage services
- Ensure compliance with housing laws and policies when conducting property deals
- Monitor the property market to identify individuals with interest in property to convince them and secure a brokering deal
- Maintain contact with clients to have opening to discuss future business prospects
- Participate in seminars, conferences, and events to improve on existing job knowledge and expand personal network.
Real Estate Sales Executive Resume Preparation
Are you looking to build a real estate sales executive resume? If so, then the above sample job description with listed duties and responsibilities for the role will be helpful in completing the work experience section of your resume.
If you have worked before as a sales executive for a real estate firm, having a section in your resume to highlight the functions you carried out can prove to employers that you can succeed on the job without much supervision.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for Real Estate Sales Executive Job
The following are the necessary requirements most employers normally set for applicants for the real estate sales executive job position to meet:
- Education and Training: To become a real estate sales executive, you require a Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance, marketing, or any other related field. At least 5 years of experience in real estate sales or management is also necessary to apply to the position. State estate license is required for conducting property sales
- Negotiation Skills: Real estate sales executives are well versed in conducting property price negotiations to reach a profitable bargain
- Communication Skills: They are adept at interacting with property sellers, prospective buyers, and department staff to coordinate the sale of real estate
- Organizational Skills: They are able to manage several projects and mediate between property buyers and sellers.
Real Estate Sales Executive Skills for Resume
Having a skills section for your real estate sales executive resume makes it more appealing to employers who usually look out for the qualities applicants are bringing to the job.
You can strive to acquire the above qualities which employers usually require that applicants for the job of real estate sales executive should have, and use them in making your resume’ skills section.
This makes the resume even more appealing to employers because it shows that you have the qualities they are looking for to do the job effectively.
The real estate sales executive job description shows the kind of duties and responsibilities you will likely be assigned if hired for the position.
The job description template given in this post is useful to employers to be able to design their own real estate sales executive work description to recruit new people into the position and to assign tasks to them
Did you find this post helpful in learning more about the functions of real estate sales executives? Please leave a comment in the box below.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.