PR Account Manager Job Description Example
What Does a PR Account Manager Do?
A public relations account manager is responsible for managing accounts of different clients in a PR agency, PR departments of big commercial companies, as well as integrated marketing organizations, and a host of other organizations.
The job description of the PR account manager entails shoring up the image of the organization he/she represents, giving their clients a positive impression of a company that can be relied upon and trusted.
The manager can get the word out about the client to the public through one on one discussion and other routes, like the media outlets. Such publicity can be done via broadcast, online and print media channels.
The role of a PR account manager requires someone with outgoing personality, since his/her work involves getting along, not only with the clients, but also with the broadcast and press media.
Good rapport and right connection with significant and powerful contacts in broadcast and press media can help get the words out just as desired.
The work description of a public relations account manager also involves developing collaboration with advertising agencies and other external business partners.
He/she is saddled with the responsibility of helping an organization get its desired message out, especially if the organization intends to enhance its public profile or launch a new service or product.
The main task of this position is to provide the needed exposure for the organization and its products and services. Such exposures are usually obtained via magazines, newspapers, radio, TV, and the Internet.
A PR account manager is usually given complete control over particular clients’ portfolios. His/her duties also include ensuring that the specific target of the client is reached.
There are various areas of the PR account manager’s profession; they include:
- Sports PR
- Healthcare PR
- Financial PR
- Business to customer PR and
- Business to business PR
The PR account manager is required to discuss various PR strategies with the client. He/she is equally expected to develop and implement PR campaigns and this should be done in line with what the client needs.
After implementing the earlier designed PR campaign, the manager’s duties will also involve monitoring the media coverage received and giving the client feedback via presentations, phone calls or emails.
PR Account Manager Job Description Example
Shown below is an example of the PR account manager job descriptions. It describes the day-to-day responsibilities, tasks, and duties of individuals who work in that position.
- Relate with senior clients of the organization and gain their trust
- Work with high level relationship and organizational skills
- Provide the client-service philosophy point of service
- Ensure team members provide top quality work that meet up to expectation of the clients
- Understand and relay business need of clients to the organization and other members of the team in an easily understandable manner
- Guarantee account profitability
- Handle all issues relating to budget, including budget management
- Make available to clients strategic PR counsel
- Develop and implement strategies for integrated marketing, reputation management, and branding.
- Think creatively about client account management towards developing creative ideas and relay such creative ideas and thoughts to the client
- Get informed about latest PR technology in preparation for opportunities to apply such in fulfilling goals of the organization and its clients
- Show full commitment to clients, agencies, and industries
- Have good mastery of industry trends and knowledge, along with full understanding of clients’ needs.
PR Account Manager Resume Preparation
Preparing a resume is an important part of searching for a new job as public relations account manager.
You will need relevant information to use in making the sections of the resume that will get employers’ attention.
To write the work experience section, the sample job description provided above lists the major duties and responsibilities of a PR account manager that are suitable for use in making this part of the resume.
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities – for PR Account Manager Role
The following abilities, knowledge, and skills are typically required to be possessed by PR account managers in order to succeed on their job:
- Bachelor’s degree in related studies, like journalism, communications, and public relations
- Possess accreditation from relevant organizations like IABC and PRSA
- Advanced degree and participation in workshops in related fields
- Possess unquestionable leadership skill
- Possess experience in working with agencies
- Have good understanding regarding account leadership, client service, and public relations works
- Possess flawless writing, communication and editing skills
- Possess passion for digital and traditional communications
- Ability to create balance between plan execution and strategic thinking
- Possess top level interpersonal and presentation skills and ability to motivate colleagues and clients alike
- Ability to think independently
- Posses top level skill in time management
- Possess high level organization and accountability skills
- Willingness to travel outside the office environment and sometimes overseas
- Possess collaborative spirit with the interest of the client as the central focus.
PR Account Manager Skills for Resume
Please note that in making a resume for the position, the skills section can be completed using the above qualities that are required to excel working as a PR account manager.
Having these skills and highlighting them in your resume will boost its effectiveness in getting you the job.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.