#1: Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample
The Pharmacy Technician resume should emphasize customer service, knowledge of medical and pharmacy terminology, and the ability to perform tasks like weighing and measurement of pharmaceutical materials, and making basic calculations. (The resume sample below for pharmacy technician position reflects these points).
That is what most employers are looking for in hiring pharmacy technicians. Whether it is for hospital or retail pharmacy positions, they need people who would give the best service to their customers.
They also require that these people should possess adequate knowledge and abilities to assist the pharmacist to do certain tasks.
These employers’ needs must be reflected in the resume for it to get the needed attention from them.
The job of the pharmacy technician is to provide assistance to pharmacists so that the pharmacist can free some time for the more complex aspects of their duties.
The technician is expected to be able to follow the pharmacist’s directives and perform certain duties effectively and efficiently for the smooth running of the pharmacy.
For the resume to be effective, it must show to the prospective employer that the individual is able to perform the job description of pharmacy technician excellently.
Resumes are usually demanded by employers to enable them to assess applicants vying for vacant positions in their organizations and to be able to pick the best from the pack.
For the pharmacy technician looking for a new job, your resume should be well written to highlight your experience on the job and your ability to do it excellently.
If you are gunning for your first pharmacy technician job, you may not have previous professional experience to show in your resume, however, you can highlight interest in people, high school science subjects and activities, math skills, ability to keep to detail, listening skills, and the ability to follow instructions and carry out tasks without error.
Below is a sample resume for the pharmacy technician position. This is an example of a good resume, which can be used as a template in preparing your own.
Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample/Example/Template
ABC Link Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 77777 • Home: (111) 555-9999, Cell: (222) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: Looking for the position of Pharmacy Technician with a customer focused hospital pharmacy where dedication and attention to detail will be maximally employed to providing excellent customer service.
PROFILE: Highly resourceful, dedicated, and dependable Pharmacy Technician with two years experience providing assistance to pharmacists in a hospital pharmacy, including helping to process customers’ orders speedily and accurately, and attending to their inquiries and needs with the goal of providing exceptional service to customers.
- Two years pharmacy technician experience in a hospital pharmacy
- Customer service abilities, in addition to effective listening skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under limited supervision
- Ability to think critically and make decisive and correct judgment most of the time
- Ability to work daily for long hours standing bending, squatting, kneeling, lifting of items and patients up to 50lbs, reaching and moving
- Sound knowledge of medical and pharmacy terminology, and the ability to perform weighing and measurement of materials and do basic calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentage
- Strong ability to type 30 words per minute and above and to communicate orally with colleagues and other healthcare personnel.
Sandstone Ave Hospital, hometown, NY
2011 – Present
- Count, package, and labels unit does for the pharmacist to inspect
- Render assistance to pharmacist by filling orders and preparing labels as directed
- Make I.V. mixtures and use automated systems
- Perform clerical duties and maintain pharmacy inventory
- Perform dispensing duties following hospital policies and government regulations
- Assist in ordering pharmaceutical products, and contributing to quality improvement efforts
- Perform orientation and mentorship for new staff
- Ensure standard precautions are followed and maintained by employing necessary personal protective equipment.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- Graduate of Sandstone Ave High School, 2011
- Nationally certified Pharmacy Technician, (CPhT), 2012
- State of New York certified and registered Pharmacy Technician.
Related: #2: Pharmacy Technician Resume Sample
You will also like:
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.