Pharmacy Assistant Resume Writing Tips and Example
If working as a pharmacy assistant is your dream, then, you should think of creating a good resume that will capture the attention of your potential employer.
A great pharmacy assistant resume may not be all you need to convince the hiring manager to give you a chance, but, it is surely the best way to start your application process.
As a matter of fact, your progress in the hiring process depends a lot on the quality of your resume because at each phase the hiring manager will rely on the content of your resume to make key decisions regarding your suitability for the job relative to other applicants.
You can easily get the services of a resume expert to assist you in creating a resume suitable for the pharmacy assistant position you seek to get. However, creating a resume yourself is also very possible if you have the knowledge of how to go about it.
If you would like to make a resume yourself, the tips and examples in this post will guide you in creating your pharmacy assistant resume.
Steps to creating a good resume
The first step to making a great pharmacy assistant resume is to have knowledge of the pharmacy you want to work for, the duties associated with the position, and the skills required of an ideal candidate for that particular position.
This information is very important as it will assist you in creating a targeted pharmacy assistant resume, which is more effective on employers.
Having known the information you need to create a targeted pharmacy assistant resume, the next step is to choose a format that will allow you to present your resume for the pharmacy assistant job in a simple but attractive layout.
Different formats could be used for creating your pharmacy assistant resume; however, you can use the functional type, which has been found to be effective.
Creating a functional pharmacy assistant resume will give you the chance to highlight all your relevant skills in a simple and easy to access manner that will not bore the hiring manager.
Your pharmacy assistant resume may contain four sections discussed below to make it sharper and concise:
Resume Objective Section
If you need to create a targeted pharmacy assistant resume that will appeal to prospective employers, the objective section is the right place to start.
You must make sure this section of your resume highlights the position you are gunning for, the name of the hiring firm, and one or two qualities that you have to perform excellently as a pharmacy assistant if hired.
See examples of pharmacy assistant resume objective below:
Examples of Pharmacy Assistant Objective Statement for Resume
- Seeking the position of Pharmacy Assistant with White Chapel Pharmacy where over 4 years clinical experience working as an assistant, vast knowledge of routine drug regiments, and outstanding customer service ability, will assist in providing efficient services.
- Desiring a Pharmacy Assistant position in a reputed clinic, offering vast years of education and training, exceptional customer management skills, and overwhelming knowledge of drug brands and prescription.
Core Competence Section
The core competence section of your pharmacy assistant resume is as important as the objective section discussed earlier. A potential employer is likely to invite you for interview if the skills and qualities on your pharmacy assistant resume match the skills requirement of the pharmacy assistant position you are applying for.
Job Experience Section
Having a prior experience in a similar work environment highlighted in your resume may prove to be an important section of the resume because most employers find it better to hire an applicant with an understanding of the job functions than someone they will need to train.
Education and Professional Qualification Section
It is very important to understand the academic requirement of the pharmacy assistant job you are applying for.
So, including your academic qualification in your resume will help the hiring manager know that you are academically fit for the job.
Now, here is an example of a pharmacy assistant resume created by putting the different sections together:
Pharmacy Assistant Resume Example/Sample/Template
99 Unity Street, Carson City, Nevada
Home: (+1) 900-9000, Cell: (+1) 900-9090
Objective: Seeking the position of pharmacy assistant with White Chapel Pharmacy where over 4 years clinical experience working as an assistant, vast knowledge of routine drug regiments, and outstanding customer service ability will assist in providing efficient services.
- Strong ability to interpret and transcribe medication information
- Experience in medical stock rotation, pricing and storage
- Strong clerical skills, and proficiency in typing and data entry
- Vast experience working as a pharmacy assistant
- Exceptional customer and communication skills.
St. Michael’s Clinic, Carson City, Nevada
2011 – Present
- Assist pharmacist and medical practitioners in interpreting and transcribing medication information
- Inform the head of the unit of stock availability and receive stocks of delivered drugs
- Sell drugs over the counter and collect money from patients
- Answer customers’ and pharmacists’ inquiries
- Obtain patients information and keep detailed pharmacy record
- Check expiry date of medications and arrange display area
- Ensure that the pharmacy is clean and tidy.
Education and Professional Qualification
- Nevada College, Carson City, Nevada, Associate Degree in Pharmacology, 2009.
Please note that you can use the above sample resume as a template to guide you in making one for a pharmacy assistant job when you need to.
Having a good resume is highly important to your success in gaining the pharmacy assistant job that you desire, as there are other applicants to contend with.
So, it makes a lot of sense to spend some time in learning how to write great resume, especially when you do not have the budget to hire a professional resume writer.
Is this post beneficial to helping you write a good pharmacy assistant resume? Please make your comment in the box below.
You will also like: