Personal Care Aide Resume Writing Tips and Example
To be employed as a personal care aide, you need to present a resume highlighting a caring attitude and energetic personality.
A good personal care aide resume should be able to convince the recruiter to give you a chance.
To do this perfectly, you need to identify the core needs of the hirer and the responsibility you are to carry out in that position.
This information can easily be extracted from the job description given by the hirer.
Choosing a Format for Personal Care Aide Resume
Writing a great resume for the personal care aide job starts with choosing the resume format to fit the job.
In doing this, it is advisable to use a resume format that allows you to highlight your qualities as a person and the qualifications you have, which are necessary to execute the job.
Also, in addition, you must make sure you make your resume concise and attractive to employers.
Presenting unnecessary qualifications will make your resume lengthy and unreadable.
You may present your personal care aide resume in any format you prefer, but making sure you include the sections below is not only necessary but important to making your resume effective.
Resume Objective Section
Recruiters usually hire individuals with caring and nurturing ability to work as a personal care aide.
So, your objective statement should be able to convince a hirer that you possess such qualities.
More importantly, you must make sure you keep the objective section of your personal care aide resume limited to one sentence.
See examples of objective statement for the personal care aide resume below:
Personal Care Aide Objective Section Examples for Resume
- Seeking a personal care aide position with Maryland Retirement Home, utilizing 5+ years’ practical experience in providing personal care to the sick and elderly, and strong ability to multitask while maintaining focus.
- To obtain a personal care aide position in a retirement home where attention to detail, empathy, and compassionate nature will be utilized for the care of the sick and elderly.
The two examples above can be used effectively to apply for a personal care aide position.
The second one highlights the important personal attributes expected of a personal care aide, however, it is not targeted to a specific employer.
The first example is targeted at the Maryland Retirement Home and highlights the expertise of the applicant.
So, if you must use the second example, you will have to modify it to match a target audience – in this case the hirer.
Core Competence Section
Asides from being interested in your nature and personality, a hirer for this position will also be looking to know other skills and expertise you possess as a personal care aide.
So, this section affords you the opportunity to highlight your skills as personal care aide.
It is very necessary that you state the skills that are in-sync with the demands of the job.
Job Experience Section
It is helpful to highlight your experience as a personal care aide, or your job history in similar position, to stand out from the competition for the position.
So, if you have worked as a personal care aide, social worker, or nanny, you have to state it here to make a good resume.
Education and Professional Qualification Section
Outstanding skills and personal attributes may be enough to convince a hirer to give you a chance for this position.
But having a good academic background can make you more attractive for the position.
In fact, most candidates for personal care aide job are high school diploma holders.
Now, let’s make a sample personal care aide resume putting the various sections together:
Please know that no single format is considered the best for personal care aide resume, but the format adopted in the example below is generally accepted by recruiters and HR managers.
So, you can model your personal care aide resume to look like the example below.
Personal Care Aide Resume Example/Sample/Template
233 James Street, Annapolis, Maryland
Home: (+1) 343-343, Cell: (+1) 343-3434
Objective: Seeking a personal care aide position with Maryland Retirement Home utilizing, 5+ years’ practical experience in providing personal care to the sick and elderly and strong ability to multitask while maintaining focus.
- Experience in providing personal care to the sick and elderly
- Attentive and ability to multitask while maintaining focus
- Outstanding driving skills and valid Maryland driver’s license
- Strong listening skill and ability to communicate engagingly with the elderly
- Good catering skills
- PCA certified.
Annapolis Personal Care Services
2016 – 2019
- Drove clients to medical appointments
- Scheduled and reminded clients of medical appoints
- Prepared food and special diets for clients
- Monitored and assisted the elderly during simple motion exercises
- Carried out household chores like laundry, cleaning and washing
- Monitored clients health and reported any change in health status
- Reminded clients to keep to their medications
- Ran errands and assisted in grocery shopping.
Education and Professional Qualification
- Annapolis High School, Annapolis, Maryland – High School Diploma, 2014.
Searching for the personal care aide job does not come without some competition with other applicants.
You will need to prove to employers that you are the best person for the job, which you can achieve with a great resume.
You can actually learn how to create a good resume that gets you an interview with employers by taking some time to study and apply the tips in this guide.
How has this guide helped in improving your ability to make a good personal care aide resume? Do leave your thought in the box below.
You will also like: