Payroll Tax Manager Job Description Sample, Duties and Responsibilities
What Does a Payroll Tax Manager Do?
The payroll tax manager offers input into an organization’s payroll tax policies standards.
He/she is primarily in charge of the company’s adherence to all payroll related local, state, federal, and other applicable foreign tax laws and procedures.
His/her job description includes handling payroll vendors associated with the filing and preparation of payroll tax returns.
The payroll tax manager will coordinate registration in fresh employment tax localities.
It is also his/her duty to guarantee that the company is adhering to local, state, and federal tax requirements by carrying out intermittent audits, as well as managing and handling tax records.
His/her role also includes finding solutions to payroll tax irregularities by gathering and analyzing data and performing modifications.
The ideal applicant for this post will update and manage payroll tax system and administer technical and professional tax knowledge by taking active part in awareness workshops, evaluating professional publications, setting up individual networks, and also taking part in professional associations.
The manager will also work together with Compensations and Tax COE to organize and guarantee proper workings of stock operations and other non-cash transactions, which include executive compensation agenda.
He/she will connect internally with all levels of the company personnel comprising executives with regards to pay and payroll taxes.
Managers in charge of payroll tax is also responsible for overseeing intricate payroll tax projects and specialized projects which involves the payroll department, including assistance involving management, reorganization or merging of functional duties associated with technical upgrades.
This role also involves updating core statutory matters, industry, legislation, and shares with companies and departments.
Sample Job Description, Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities of a Payroll Tax Manager
Applicants for the position of manager for payroll tax duties should expect to perform the duties, tasks, and responsibilities stated in the sample job description for the position below:
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with payroll tax reporting and withholding responsibilities.
- Registration of fresh employment tax authorizations.
- Handle system improvements as fresh business prerequisites crop up and enhance means of correcting possible noncompliance.
- Functionally look out, execute and plan improvements of procedure in relation to payroll tax to enhance, promote effectiveness, efficiency and precision.
- Guarantee that tax returns are accomplished and precise to reduce tax obligations.
- Plan tax in anticipation of future filings.
- Render assistance to private and public organization clients in attaining their goals through tax advisory, audits and assessment of risk.
- Ascertain that the organization’s yearly earnings, investments and expenses are recorded with completeness and precision.
- Prepare and organize federal and state proceeds for organizations.
- Carry out research on ramification of tax laws and give advice to clients on tax related matters.
- Assist in minimizing uncertainties in taxes involving mergers, procurement, and other business transactions.
- Carry out audit on internal regulations for veracity, as well as trail property and income taxes.
Writing a Resume for Payroll Tax Manager Position
The above job description example can be useful in writing a good resume that can gain employers attention and secure interview appointment for a vacant payroll tax manager’s post.
Requirements – Qualities – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for the position of Manager, Payroll Tax
The manager responsible for payroll tax functions in an organization will be expected to possess the following qualities, qualifications, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, human resources and management, accounting, or other relevant discipline with at least four years of practical experience in payroll tax with a fairly large multi state and multi jurisdiction company.
- Outstanding experience in handling payroll tax duties.
- Must be a tactical thinker, result oriented and a team player with sound business intelligence.
- A comprehensive understanding of payroll tax and the statutory environment, which will include local, federal, and multi state tax regulations.
- Superlative ability to read, comprehend and make analysis of intricate regulatory payroll tax information.