Payroll Project Manager Job Description Sample
The payroll project manager is responsible for planning, ranking and implementing payroll projects by functioning with all relevant parties.
His/her job description involves developing the necessary project records, earmarking project duty objectives and promoting assignments which are consistent with meeting the objectives.
The payroll project manager will be expected to set up change management techniques including assessing and communicating for project period and organizing reporting approaches for projects.
The candidate for this position will ensure explicit communication with all team members with regards to agreed expectations and develop business associations outside the project environment.
He/she is also expected to offer quality feedback and focus to all unit members.
Payroll project managers are accountable for all company projects and energetically implement project plans while handling quality standards.
The role also involves handling, modifying, and designing action plans; it also entails performing risk mitigation to reduce delays.
It is imperative for the payroll project manager to earmark effectiveness for future executions of projects, and actively utilize project methods, processes, and devises.
He/she will function as payroll head on diverse projects and organize other internal human resources operations throughout the company.
Sample Job Description, Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities of a Payroll Project Manager
Payroll project managers will typically perform the duties, tasks, and responsibilities listed in the job description sample below:
- Responsible for payroll operations, and ensure safety is maintained
- Execute standards of operations and presentations
- Institute new ideas, practices and concepts
- Direct, train and discipline staff as required with the right documentation and procedures
- Guarantee that all staff are posted at their project stations at the appropriate time
- Offer support when staff is sick or absent from work, and when staff is having challenges meeting scheduled programs
- Assist in managing the department’s policies as it affect personnel
- Ascertain the compliance of all regulations and policies required
- Support all organization procedures and policies as stated in the staff handbook
- Supervise all claims of damages in order to delegate responsibilities for such damages
- Suggest and execute programs, proposals to enhance safety and to avoid any recurrence
- Find solution to client disputes at the best time possible.
- Must organize employees meeting every quarter to attain training guidelines
- Responsible for every facet of scheduling, audits, payroll and human resources
- Manage general accounting tasks, budgeting, accounts payable, petty cash, and payroll.
The above example of the payroll project manager job description also provides useful information for writing a good resume needed for gaining employment in the industry.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the Position of a Payroll Project Manager
Here are some of the skills, knowledge and talents payroll project managers will need to have to succeed on the job.
Individual’s aspiring to this position are expected to develop and possess these attributes as most employers usually demand them.
- A graduate of a four-year college degree program, with at least three years experience in operations and payroll processing
- Display of mastery in heading a team to adhere to an execution methodology and originate high quality work outcome
- Excellent verbal dexterity in organizing, heading and conducting presentations, client meetings and offering advice to customers on choices, risk and any effects on other systems and processes
- Highly established working knowledge of every area of payroll processing
- Skills in carrying out process execution reviews
- Exceptionally capable of analytical thinking
- Ability to carry out consulting tasks and explain intricate payroll procedures in nonprofessional terms.