Payroll Consultant Job Description Sample
An expert payroll consultant will be in charge of guaranteeing the successful execution of payroll solutions.
He/she will offer execution and product proficiency to their commitments.
The payroll consultant’s job description entails working together with customers to comprehend their business prerequisites and help in testing and configuring the organization’s payroll solution plan.
He/she will follow directions and offer status reports to the manager designated to their project.
The role of a payroll consultant also involves handling large customer volume requiring advance and complex payroll processing services and solutions.
Payroll consultants are responsible for maintaining and developing high accomplishing payroll teams that are self reliant and can handle a wide magnitude of latitude to service their company’s client units.
The exemplary candidate for this role will be responsible for devising strong customer relationships and strengthen large payroll transactions.
This position is accountable for the full customer relationship between the organization and customers by utilizing the company’s proprietary program.
Core elements of this position include duties such as provision of payroll assistance, technical and end user training, as well as proactive handling of customer activities so as to guarantee retention of customers and their satisfaction.
The individual for this post will maintain and develop a solid proactive association with designated customer base.
Sample Job Description, Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities of a Payroll Consultant
A sample of the payroll consultant job description is shown below, consisting of important duties, tasks, and responsibilities which the holder of the position is usually expected to perform by the majority of employers in the payroll service industry.
- Function together with delivery support to ascertain complaisance with consented checkpoints
- Take part in update training and other activities that assist in sharing one’s product aptitude with other professionals
- Offer the organization’s manager with reports on status and update them on assessment of comprehensive project status
- Offer current tutelage to fresh business contacts on organization software and processes
- Offer support to customers in finding solution to issues affiliated with transmission and input of payroll via periodic onsite stopovers and phone calls
- Keep a record of customer records in suitable systems as required
- Investigate problems and carry out research of client inquires about tax matter and payroll, and enlighten or counsel them on the appropriate procedures
- Ensure an active working environment which regularly demonstrates the company’s dedication to service
The job description example above provides valuable information that can be used in writing a good resume for the post; resume that can increase the chance of being called to an interview for the job of consultant of payroll services with any organization.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position of Payroll Consultant
The following qualities, qualifications and skills will be relevant for an individual to function effectively occupying the office of a payroll consultant.
- Bachelor’s degree with exceptional skills in utilizing Excel
- At least three years experience executing payroll solutions
- Prior consulting experience working with a consulting or software organization, or functioning as an internal consultant in a firm
- Possess both technical and operational experience with the ability to understand and comprehend swiftly through indoctrination and self training
- Agility to manage high volume, large payroll staff base of about 500 people or more in an organization
- Outstanding comprehension on the utilization of Ms Office products and operating systems
- Conversant with the computer systems software, hardware, as well as capability to troubleshoot transmission matters and configuration of network
- Efficient managerial skills required to succeed in a fast paced service conscious office
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.