Oil Rig Electrician Resume Sample
Below is an example or sample of the oil rig electrician resume, which can be used as a template in preparing a resume for the position.
It follows standard format for writing resumes and emphasizes the capacity and ability to perform major oil rig electrician duties (you can find complete oil rig electrician job description you can use in writing your resume here).
An oil rig electrician work offshore on drilling platforms performing electrical repairs and maintenance duties.
They work several weeks at a time on the sea, however, that long work schedule is made up for by the big salaries they get.
To succeed in getting employment as rig electrician in the oil industry, you need to have a good resume.
The competition for the job is quite high, so you need a strong resume to get employers’ or recruiters’ attention to give you an interview.
If you are desirous of learning how to write great resumes so that you can easily prepare one to send to recruiters whenever you need to, here are steps to follow:
Get a couple of oil rig electrician resume samples that are professionally created and study them.
Use those samples as templates in writing yours. See the example below.
Oil Rig Electrician Resume Example/Sample
123 Down Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 33333 • Home: (222) 333-4444, Cell: (111) 111-1111 • email@example.com
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Looking for the position of oil rig electrician in a company where previous offshore experience working onboard drilling installations is required.
Exceptionally talented oil rig electrician with huge experience working on onboard platforms, 2/2 and 3/3 rotations, Jack-ups and semi-submersibles, both on short and long term employment bases.
Involved in the team that maintained and repaired the SEA REX (USA) Electro-hydraulic jacking system.
- In-depth knowledge of electric codes and standards
- Practical knowledge of AC Variable Frequency Drives
- Tested and trusted ability working with fire prevention, fire fighting, and medical aid equipment
- Well trained in helicopter underwater escape training (HUET)
- Strong agility and strength working on masts, roofs, and towers
- Very familiar with techniques that govern the basic offshore safety induction and emergency training (BOSIET)
- Capable of working in tough environments, including confined space entry; working on height, lock and tag out, and safe rigging and slinging
- Very discipline in using protective equipment and applying safety rules when working
- Practical knowledge and usage of SCR drives
- Complete operational knowledge of the oil and gas industry
- Ability to maintain a sound level of communication with all crew members
- Proficient in operating fiber optic cable system and Swaco drilling instrumentation
- Highly capable in installing machines and power supply cable wiring
- Unbroken record of safety operation in condition based maintenance, breakdown maintenance, and PC based Planned Preventive Maintenance by computer Software AMOS (M&P).
- Strong skills operating on Den Foss VLT-60 system, Machinery space and Compartment Ventilation Fan motor speed controllers
- Vastly knowledgeable in the operation of distribution equipment of 1050 KW caterpillar model 3512 and electrical power generation.
Alabama Oil Industry, KL
2008 – Present
Oil Rig Electrician
- Accurately diagnose all malfunctioning apparatus and equipment
- Carry out the task of installing and connecting power supply appliances, regulators and switches
- Handle PC based Inventory Management (AMOS M&P software) for the retrieval, ordering, and accounting of electrical spare gear
- Responsible for installing equipment such as rotating machinery, lightings, and motors
- Responsible for diagnosing and repairing of faulty electronic components
- Work closely with maintenance manager and rig superintendents
- Ensure that all daily reports and paperwork are completed and delivered on time
- Expertly handle Rig’s ISO drive SCR system with Allen Bradley SLC 500 PLC control system when it comes to maintaining, trouble shooting, and repairing duties
- Supervise the work of the rig welder and motorman
- Execute maintenance program for rig and camp electrical equipment and instrumentation as planned
- Inspect equipment before and after use, including after rig moves and rig-up
- Responsible for executing certification, maintenance, record-keeping, and reporting as planned
- Maintain all needed documentation, records, and certification of electrical equipment on the rig and campsite, and provide correct and speedy reports on the use of the equipment
- Perform maintenance and update of all electrical drawings and wiring diagrams
- Ensure that lock-out and tag-out procedures are totally followed at the rig and camp.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- High School Diploma, Cryslane High School, 2007.
You will also like: