Medical Office Assistant Resume Writing Tips and Example
A good medical office assistant resume is the first and most important tool to employ in winning the heart of the hiring manager.
To write a great resume for the medical office assistant job, you will need to follow the tips and examples highlighted in this post.
Making a good medical office assistant resume, steps to follow:
The first step to making a successful medical office assistant resume is to know the hiring clinic and what they want from a medical office assistant.
To do this, you need to carry out a background check on the hiring clinic to identify the job duties of a medical office assistant in the clinic, as well as the skills and personal qualities required to perform in that position.
An easier way to get this information is to read the job description, which is usually part of the job advertisement content.
Now, with the knowledge of the requirements of the hiring medical office for the position of an assistant, you can create a resume that will appeal to the hiring clinic.
After identifying the demands of the hiring manager, the next step to creating a successful resume is to choose a resume format that is suitable for your qualifications and experience, bearing in mind that some resume styles hide facts.
Other factors to bear in mind when writing your resume for the job of an assistant in a medical office include: the correctness of your grammar and spellings; the length of your resume; and the arrangement of the various sections that make up the resume.
For a better understanding, see below how to write and arrange the various sections of a resume for the position.
Medical Office Assistant Resume Objective Section
This is the first section of your medical office assistant resume. Here, you are given the opportunity to highlight specific skills that you possess which you think would be useful to the job.
When seeking for an open position, it is best to create a specific objective section bearing in mind the skills requirement in the published job description.
See samples of medical office assistant objective statements below:
Examples of Medical Office Assistant Objective Statement for Resume
- Seeking the position of a medical office assistant with Dynamic Clinic, utilizing hands-on experience in providing support to healthcare professionals; confidentiality, exceptional clerical skills, and outstanding knowledge of medical terminology will be utilized.
- To work as a medical office assistant with a reputed hospital where proven knowledge of medical billing system, personable and friendly demeanor, and exceptional time management skills, will be utilized to improve operations in the medical office.
The two examples above can assist you in creating a good objective statement for your medical office assistant resume. However, you should make sure it is specific to a particular employer like the first example.
Core Competence Section
You should create a core competence section in your resume that naturally compliments the objective section.
This part of the resume ought to bear all the necessary skills and qualities you possess which will be required in the course of carrying out your duties as a medical office assistant
Job Experience Section
When not hiring for entry-level medical office assistant position, HR managers tend to prefer hiring experienced hands.
This minimizes the cost and time spent on training inexperienced hires. So, if you have worked as an assistant in a medical office, do not fail to include the clinic you have worked with and the duties you carried out for them.
Education and Professional Qualification
Most hiring companies usually specify the academic qualifications they require of applicants for medical office assistant position.
So, if you possess the necessary qualifications, it is only necessary that you make it a part of your resume.
Having seen how to write a good objective statement for your resume, we will now look at how to put the sections together to create a great resume for the job of an assistant in a medical office.
See an example of a medical office assistant resume below; you can use it as a guide or template whenever you need to make a resume for the position:
Medical Office Assistant Resume Example/Sample/Template
77 Prudence Street, Cranston, Rhode Island
Home: (+2) 676, Cell: (+2)677-80778
Objective: Seeking the position of a medical office assistant with Dynamic Clinic, utilizing hands-on experience in providing support to healthcare professionals; confidentiality, exceptional clerical skills, and outstanding knowledge of medical terminology will be utilized.
- Hands-on experience in offering assistance to health care professionals
- Proven knowledge of medical billing system and other computer office applications
- Ability to maintain calm under high pressure and emergency situation
- Exceptional clerical and organizational skills
- Friendly, personable, and high level of confidentiality
- Outstanding knowledge of medical terminologies
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Coventry General Clinic, Coventry, Rhode Island
Medical Office Assistant
2012 – Present
- Welcome visitors and ascertain their purpose of visit
- Assist patients in scheduling appointment with medical professionals
- Draft correspondence and assist physicians to typeset documents
- Obtain, verify, and update patient information
- Procure office stationary and maintain office machines
- Receive telephone calls, take messages and disperse accordingly
- Maintain daily record of visitors and workers that enter and exit the clinic.
Education and Professional Qualification
• Coventry High School, Coventry, Rhode Island, High School Diploma, 2012.
You certainly need a good resume for your application for the post of a medical office assistant to be considered, and for an interview to be granted to you.
Your resume should be able to convince employers that you are the best person for the job for them to consider calling up for a chart.
With the tips and ideas shared in this post, you too can quickly develop the skills for resume writing and start making them yourself whenever you need to.
Did you find this post helpful in writing a good resume for the medical office assistant job? Please make your comment in the box below.
You will also like:
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.