Kmart Cashier Job Description Example
What Does a Kmart Cashier Do?
A Kmart cashier is responsible for ensuring correct accounting of Kmart sales. His/her job description entails encouraging and offering advice to customers on products, directing them on the location of products, and collecting payments when purchases are made.
His/her role also involves keeping record of all purchases made and ensuring that records of money coming in and going out of the Kmart company are well kept.
Kmart cashier job requires a lot of multitasking. Payments made on sale on any product within Kmart are given to the cashiers who are expected to be proficient in handling money.
The need for cashiers to handle purchases of customers, receive payment, package the items purchased, and make good and proper record of purchases is very important to the progress of Kmart stores.
The store cashier’s primary duty is to ensure that exchange procedures at the store are well managed and documented.
In doing these, the cashier will enter the record of all purchases into a storage device like the computer. He/she keeps records of the inflow and the out flow of money in the store.
Apart from handling purchases made by customers, the work description of the cashier at Kmart also includes ringing up products, answering customer’s inquiries, dealing with money, and other customer service related duties.
Sometimes, cashiers are expected to carry out other tasks ranging from stocking of items, arranging inventory, and merchandising. A Kmart cashier may also be called upon to carry out some administrative duties.
An ideal Kmart cashier must be someone of a friendly attitude and positive demeanor. He/she must be proficient in performing simple calculations.
He/she must have integrity and be honesty, and be able to pay attention to details and ensure that money is well kept.
Other qualities a cashier must have to succeed at Kmart include understanding the sensitivity of his/her tasks at the company, safety procedures and the ability to adhere to them. He/she must also be meticulous on the job and report suspicious activities they may observe around them.
Kmart Cashier Job Description Example
Here is an example of the kind of job description, consisting of major duties, tasks, and responsibilities you will be expected to perform as a cashier at Kmart:
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Complete sales and services transactions
- Deal with problems that may arise on the sales floor
- Responsible for ensuring customers have an excellent shopping experience
- Responsible for all payment made by customers
- Handle all credit transactions
- Routinely balance and reconcile all cash account
- Responsible for daily deposits into the bank
- Perform various clerical assignment
- Handle elementary administrative task when assigned
- Keep a good appearance of the work area and the showroom
- Make customer satisfaction the priority
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Replace supplies
- Clean and straighten work area
- Promote all register prompts
- Comply with regulatory and safety procedures
- Notice customer traffic and request for additional services when needed
- Take necessary steps to guide against waste
- Monitor sales circulars and be apprised of sold out items
- Demonstrate an amazing suggestive selling skill
- Help in handling customer complaints
- Responsible for refunds and returns
- Take responsibilities for improving customers shopping experience
- Model, mentor, and train new cashiers
- Take steps to improve the store in the area of sales
- Offer assistance with training other staff in checkout procedures
- Utilize P.A systems well for the promotion of advertised goods
- Make the call for carriers when help is needed to move heavy products from the store to customers’ vehicles.
Kmart Cashier Resume Preparation
To make a resume to be used in seeking the job of cashier at Kmart, the sample job description shown above can be used in preparing sections of the resume, such as the work experience section.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – for Kmart Cashier Job
To be considered for employment as a cashier at Kmart, you will need to possess certain skills, knowledge, and abilities that will boost your success on the job.
Listed below are the vital qualities you are required to have to excel on the job of cashier:
- Degrees in mathematics related courses, or its equivalent
- Proficiency in calculations; ability to add and subtract numbers
- Ability to spot customer traffic and make calls for additional service when needed
- Expertise in running the operations of fast and efficient cash registers
- Good knowledge of the store, the services rendered, and the location of merchandise in the store
- Good, neat, modest, and smart dressing style
- A friendly nature and the ability to get along well with people
- Excellence in time management and punctuality
- Knowledge in form processing and transaction
- Ability to handle simple accounting tasks
- Efficient and effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to train and improve other cashiers
- Ability to work with the Kmart regulatory procedures and principles
- Physical fitness and ability to lift, bend, stretch, and reach merchandise when needed
- Ability to engage coworkers and customers in friendly conversations
- Possession of positive demeanor and friendly approach to people
- Ability to check people out speedily and receive payment speedily.
Job Assessment Tests: How to Top Your Competition
As part of the hiring process, most applicants that passed the initial Resume/CV screening phase are required to pass an assessment test for the job or apprenticeship position they are applying for.
The goal of this phase is to determine if the candidate has the appropriate set of skills and qualities to excel on the job.
Find out the tests you will be needing to take for the position you are applying for; get lots of success proven Practice materials to prepare with now: Sure way to make high scores in job tests.